HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Un-Dated Tin of Union Square

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sonarman

sonarman

Registration date : 2012-08-21

Un-Dated Tin of Union Square Empty
PostSubject: Un-Dated Tin of Union Square   Un-Dated Tin of Union Square EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 11:28 am

So I received a tin of Union Square for Christmas cheers

But it's undated scratch

Any idea as to why or when the tinning might have been? For now I just wrote 12-12 on it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alfredo_buscatti

alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Un-Dated Tin of Union Square   Un-Dated Tin of Union Square EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 12:02 pm

In this case only a veteran smoker of VAs, fresh and aged, can give an estimate of when it was tinned. Send it to me:

alfredo e. buscatti
upper saskatoon, ca
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Un-Dated Tin of Union Square   Un-Dated Tin of Union Square EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:47 pm

Wrap it up, mail it to Yak an he can inspect it strand by flake and tell you just exactly what is in your tin and the date to the day when it was made, from the day the leaf was planted all the way through till YOU got it! He's our resident Union Square guru Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Un-Dated Tin of Union Square   Un-Dated Tin of Union Square EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 4:10 pm

Union Square: Great fresh, amazing with a few years, exponentially huge with a few more. I was able to get two tins with seven years' age on 'em. Boy howdy. When those are gone, I'm gonna be piiiiiiissed. Laughing Solution? Smoke slow and add more tins over time.

The choice is yours; you can't lose.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Hermit

Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Un-Dated Tin of Union Square   Un-Dated Tin of Union Square EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 4:13 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Union Square: Great fresh, amazing with a few years, exponentially huge with a few more. I was able to get two tins with seven years' age on 'em. Boy howdy. When those are gone, I'm gonna be piiiiiiissed. Laughing Solution? Smoke slow and add more tins over time.

The choice is yours; you can't lose.

Cool

You got a time machine?
It came out in 2009. lol!
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Un-Dated Tin of Union Square   Un-Dated Tin of Union Square EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 4:18 pm

Hermit wrote:

You got a time machine?

Several...I meant SEVERAL... Laughing I'm not awake yet. Trying not to be, either.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Hermit

Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Un-Dated Tin of Union Square   Un-Dated Tin of Union Square EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 5:06 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Hermit wrote:

You got a time machine?

Several...I meant SEVERAL... Laughing I'm not awake yet. Trying not to be, either.

Cool

Slow down on the egg nog. lol!
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Un-Dated Tin of Union Square   Un-Dated Tin of Union Square EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 5:10 pm

Eff me, I wish. I love the stuff, but lactose intolerance and a weird reaction to alcohol lately means I'm doing this mothereffer sober. No

...BUT...I have my pipe, and it's consoling me.

Cool
Back to top Go down
sonarman

sonarman

PostSubject: Re: Un-Dated Tin of Union Square   Un-Dated Tin of Union Square EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 5:11 pm

Ha! You guys crack me up! I think I have it narrowed down from May 2009 to Dec 2012 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Un-Dated Tin of Union Square   Un-Dated Tin of Union Square EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 5:20 pm

sonarman wrote:
Ha! You guys crack me up! I think I have it narrowed down from May 2009 to Dec 2012 Very Happy

Split the difference and call it "Early 2011" or "Late 2010" Razz

Normally, if I don't know the date, I just pick the month/year I got the stuff in my hot little hands, and mark it accordingly like you did.

Cool
Back to top Go down
sonarman

sonarman

PostSubject: Re: Un-Dated Tin of Union Square   Un-Dated Tin of Union Square EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 5:53 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
sonarman wrote:

Split the difference and call it "Early 2011" or "Late 2010" Razz

Normally, if I don't know the date, I just pick the month/year I got the stuff in my hot little hands, and mark it accordingly like you did.

Cool

Yeah, there was a little bit of me hoping that you guys would be like, whoa that means its super aged and awesome cause its from the initial release lol!
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Un-Dated Tin of Union Square   Un-Dated Tin of Union Square EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 6:07 pm

What likely happened is the date/batch label fell off or got omitted. For some time, C&D/Pease used a stamping system that indelibly inked on this info, but later went to stickers, from what I can tell, around 2010 (unconfirmed...)--so yeah, it's anyone's guess. Smile Just open it and smoke it already. Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
sonarman

sonarman

PostSubject: Re: Un-Dated Tin of Union Square   Un-Dated Tin of Union Square EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 8:13 pm

Twisted Evil I'm now thinking its pretty rare and I'm going to sit on it for a while
Back to top Go down

Un-Dated Tin of Union Square
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: