HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Mark Tinsky - in his own words

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Mark Tinsky - in his own words   Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:24 am

I don't know if I'm the last to find this, (sorry if I'm repeating old news) but I found a very interesting article on Mark in pipedia, most of it quoted directly from himself. I've always heard good things about him since I entered the pipe smoking world, and I've dealt with him on a couple of occasions now and he strikes me as a really friendly, helpful and decent guy. Learning about how he set up his company and the journey he took to get where he is now I found very interesting. If you haven't seen it, its definitely worth a read:

http://pipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Tinsky
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Mark Tinsky - in his own words   Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:47 am

Mark Tinsky wrote:
For whatever reasons the bottom of the new pipe market dropped out after 1992. We experienced a recession, anti-smoking laws stiffened, and the older pipe smoking generation was passing on and nothing was taking its place. Pipe smokers continued to smoke and need repair. They were able to smoke in fewer places and there collections became concentrated at home. They just didn't need as many pipes. Gray marketing, inflated prices by the big pipe companies also hurt new pipe sales. The interest in the used market was market was peaking as large estate collections were becoming available. Being able to smoke in fewer areas concentrated pipe smokers collections at home. Smokers didn't feel the need for new pipes as they no longer could be spread around their various habitats.

Yep.

And now it's going great guns again.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Mark Tinsky - in his own words   Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:00 am

Mark Tinsky.. who's that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soylentgreen

Registration date : 2012-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Mark Tinsky - in his own words   Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:00 pm

Thanks for posting that; I hadn't seen it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mark Tinsky - in his own words
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1