HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****   Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:29 pm

I found this while browsing Amazon for what tobacco related products they accidentally let through their filters (you should see how many toy / prop pipes are on there... and people buy them to 'point at stuff').

Anyhow, this is the Journey pipe, and its the future of pipe smoking. Apparently.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Journey-pipe-Smoking-tobacco/dp/B007C3QX2M/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1356890804&sr=8-18
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beetlejazz

Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****   Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:38 pm

Stainless steel? On cold weather, won't that thing be the Manneken Pis of smoking instruments?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****   Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:39 pm

Sleekest looking modern toilet I've ever seen! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****   Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:42 pm

Or wait. Is that...um....something naughty made for a lady's frontbottom?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beetlejazz

PostSubject: Re: The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****   Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:50 pm

George Kaplan wrote:
Or wait. Is that...um....something naughty made for a lady's frontbottom?

So the use that experssion in english too, eh?

That aside, pehaps it's just the multitasker a pipe-smoking lady like me needs...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****   Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:56 pm

beetlejazz wrote:
George Kaplan wrote:
....something naughty made for a lady's frontbottom?

So they use that experssion in english too, eh?

No, but after that thread about the frikkin weather got bumped to the rubber room, I'm choosing my words very carefully today. silent
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beetlejazz

PostSubject: Re: The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****   Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:03 pm

George Kaplan wrote:
beetlejazz wrote:
George Kaplan wrote:
....something naughty made for a lady's frontbottom?

So they use that experssion in english too, eh?

No, but after that thread about the frikkin weather got bumped to the rubber room, I'm choosing my words very carefully today. silent

Oh but that thread mentioned lakeland.

Ooops, now I said it too. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****   Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:06 pm

Oh goody, "Lakeland" has become a Rubber Room word. Very Happy

"Mrs. Frontbottom's Lakeland Adventures."

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Doody

Registration date : 2012-04-14

PostSubject: Re: The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****   Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:06 pm

i'd love to hear from some metallurgist types here about whether stainless steel would be a good medium for pipe smoking. have people like Falcon made bowls out of stainless before?

obviously that thing was designed for a different demographic than us tobacco-in-briar types, but one never knows!

i actually love the idea of the magnetic cover - that's a neat touch. been eyeing the new(?) savinelli line that includes "caps" for each of the pipes.

doody.

farao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beetlejazz

PostSubject: Re: The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****   Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:07 pm

Now, THAT would be a title for a smutty comic strip...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****   Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:08 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Isn't that the new Frog Morton blend?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beetlejazz

PostSubject: Re: The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****   Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:10 pm

Perhaps it's the name of the... multitasker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****   Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:13 pm

Hey Doody, I think it's a viable option, except stainless steel tastes nasty. Especially if the delicate molecular properties that make stainless steel...well, stainless...are interrupted. Sometimes I can't eat from certain utensils because of the metalurgy, and I could swear I'm eating raw iron.

There's those ridiculously expensive "Pipes of the Future" on ebay that are a suspended, metal bowl in a wire matrix/basket thing. Ugly as hell, if you ask me, but I guess some people like 'em. Not for me.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****   Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:37 pm

beetlejazz wrote:
Perhaps it's the name of the... multitasker.
You must be right. The blend I was thinking of is called "Frog Morton's Whispering Eye".

Back to top Go down
View user profile
woodsmansbriar

Registration date : 2012-03-05

PostSubject: Re: The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****   Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:15 pm

Looks like a cross between a weed pipe and a pregnancy test and one of them portable keychain ashtray deals.

Do not want!

Soon to be paired with Dunhills Peepin' Tom!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
somedumbjerk

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****   Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:58 pm

that pipe is for a whole different kind of pipe weed, my friends. illegal stuff in most states... drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beetlejazz

PostSubject: Re: The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****   Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:17 pm

woodsmansbriar wrote:
Looks like a cross between a weed pipe and a pregnancy test and one of them portable keychain ashtray deals.

So you first smoke Green XXX in it, stump a cig in it, pee in it, put it in your pocket and keep partying and the next day it tells if you got pregnant last night? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****   Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:20 pm

This may not be such a bad product after all. scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
woodsmansbriar

Registration date : 2012-03-05

PostSubject: Re: The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****   Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:11 pm

beetlejazz wrote:
woodsmansbriar wrote:

So you first smoke Green XXX in it, stump a cig in it, pee in it, put it in your pocket and keep partying and the next day it tells if you got pregnant last night? scratch

...Yes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beetlejazz

PostSubject: Re: The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****   Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:27 pm

Not so sure if it works that well on men, George. So I would still advice being cautious when... jarring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****   Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:51 pm

Just what we need. Another dubious creation that the smoker can throw at the cat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****   Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:57 pm

KevinM wrote:
...can throw at the cat.
Is that another euphemism? Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuitarMyFriend

Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****   Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:03 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:

Cool

That's a movie I would netflix.

And tell me that's some sort of fancy Marijuana smoking device, not for actual tobacco enjoyment? Tell me it ain't so...

Zach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****   Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:22 am

Well, its being marketed as a tobacco pipe, in the tobacco pipe results of a search on Amazon, I didn't even think it was for anything less legitimate, but now you guys have brought it up I guess it might be for that. That's kind of a relief actually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
friar_jay

Registration date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****   Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:58 pm

Um...I'll pass from owning one. However, Greyson since you discovered this...extraordinary pipe you should purchase one and present us with a full report.

Of course if someone got it as a bomb gift...now that would be funny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The future of pipe smoking is here, and it looks like ****
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next