HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Best Brown #2 Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Struck gold!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
woodsmansbriar

woodsmansbriar

Registration date : 2012-03-05

Best Brown #2 Gawith, Hoggarth & Co.  Struck gold! Empty
PostSubject: Best Brown #2 Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Struck gold!   Best Brown #2 Gawith, Hoggarth & Co.  Struck gold! EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 6:32 pm

It is not often that I have found a new tobacco that has struck me as this fantastic.

When I first started smoking a pipe, naturally I found plenty of blends I enjoyed, and a few that became a favorite. 'But that was close to two years ago. This past Friday I got to try some Best Brown #2 at the local B&M and wow my mind was blown. I am very happy to have found another blend I enjoy with such greatness.

Just thought i'd share in the happiness!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Best Brown #2 Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Struck gold!   Best Brown #2 Gawith, Hoggarth & Co.  Struck gold! EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 10:47 pm

Welcome aboard the HMS GH&Co! Best Brown is a steady favorite of mine, too. A "good-natured" tobacco is how I put it. Not for everyone, but it does what it does so well. Keep plenty in the cellar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
woodsmansbriar

woodsmansbriar

Registration date : 2012-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Best Brown #2 Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Struck gold!   Best Brown #2 Gawith, Hoggarth & Co.  Struck gold! EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 11:18 pm

Doc Manhattan wrote:
Welcome aboard the HMS GH&Co! Best Brown is a steady favorite of mine, too. A "good-natured" tobacco is how I put it. Not for everyone, but it does what it does so well. Keep plenty in the cellar.

Thank you for the welcome! haha! To be honest it's my first GH&Co blend, and I can say I am definitely a fan! "Good-natured" is a truly good definition of this blend. It's not for everyone like you mention, but for those that it is, it does provide great enjoyment.

Last edited by woodsmansbriar on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scottbtdmb

scottbtdmb

Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Best Brown #2 Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Struck gold!   Best Brown #2 Gawith, Hoggarth & Co.  Struck gold! EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 2:15 pm

I have the option to purchase some 10 yr old Best Brown No. 2 and I’m wondering if anyone has had experience with it with significant age?  Does it hold up well?  Improve over time?  It seems
most of their stuff ages great, but was curious nonetheless!

Thanks,

Scott
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Best Brown #2 Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Struck gold!   Best Brown #2 Gawith, Hoggarth & Co.  Struck gold! EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 11:04 pm

It's absolutely horrible you must secure it immediately and send it here to be properly destroyed per EPA regulations lol. In all seriousness it ages very well. You will want to get as much of it stocked up as you can as it is truly stunning with age.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scottbtdmb

scottbtdmb

Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Best Brown #2 Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Struck gold!   Best Brown #2 Gawith, Hoggarth & Co.  Struck gold! EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 11:28 pm

Thanks Jim! Yeah, I picked up the max of what he had for sale (roughly 7 oz). Can’t wait to try it....still blown away by the 10 yr old Louisiana Flake I smoked the other day...

-Scott
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Best Brown #2 Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Struck gold!
Page 1 of 1