HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

No more Microsoft branded hardware for me

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
deepbass9

Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: No more Microsoft branded hardware for me   Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:56 pm

So, after throwing out my 3rd xbox 360 today, I've vowed to never buy another Microsoft branded piece of hardware as long as I live.

Nothing to do with apple vs Microsoft or sony vs Microsoft, but everything to do with Microsoft bringing this piece of crap product to the market. And, more importantly, their entire handling of the situation before, during, and after.

No Microsoft phone, tablet, or any other hardware product will ever be purchased by myself or my family again.

F U Microsoft and your craptacular screw job on the buying public. I'll be purchasing a Sony playstation in the very near future, thank you very much. To date, this makes you, Microsoft, the first company that I feel ever purposefully screwed me. Won't happen again.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: No more Microsoft branded hardware for me   Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:18 pm

No reason to be.subtle about it, tell us.how you.really feel.

FWIW: Hold off a little while. PS4 is coming quickly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: No more Microsoft branded hardware for me   Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:24 pm

Microsoft eats dog waste.

Had four or five of them. Each lasted about a year and died. Unrecoverable data.

This Apple (OSX 10.5.Cool is so old now that they stopped supporting it but it's still going strong.

They're a nightmare to figure out, but they're battleships.

What a Face

Back to top Go down
deepbass9

Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Re: No more Microsoft branded hardware for me   Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:30 pm

puros_bran wrote:
No reason to be.subtle about it, tell us.how you.really feel.

FWIW: Hold off a little while. PS4 is coming quickly.

Took a lesson from you on the first Twisted Evil ....thanks for the second.

Really, only option I have is to make sure they get zero marketshare from me & mine...consider that tick box checked!

And, yes....I did smash the living F outta my broken box!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bosun1

Registration date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: No more Microsoft branded hardware for me   Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:02 pm

You aren't thinking in a politically correct manner!
Corporation priorities/excuses:
Global Economy
Profitability
Responsibility to shareholders

Customers no longer are an important part of doing business it seems.

And, being a man, I would also have smashed the living h*** out of that, with extreme prejudice and enjoyment!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sisyphus

Registration date : 2012-06-11

PostSubject: Re: No more Microsoft branded hardware for me   Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:08 pm

I've never thought much of M$. Look at their new tablet. They have no idea how to market it. The commercials focus on the clicky keyboard add on. We have three tablets in the house and have had tablets for 2 years now. NO ONE that has a tablet would tell you that a keyboard was something that would add value to the equation. The whole point of the tablet is having a portable, one piece computing solution that is intuitive and easy to use. They also offer that nightmare in two operating systems, one that runs windows 8 software and one that is more like their phone os. Make up your mind. Good luck with your Zune, er, Surface, M$.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: No more Microsoft branded hardware for me   Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:30 pm

All of them suck, all of them are run the same way. Sony is effing awful--if you think the 360 has a glass software/hardware jaw, the newest PS3s last about a year or two...in other words, designed to fail three days after the warranty is up. They couldn't care less. At least when our 360 got the red ring of death, we were able to swap it out a few times (with subsequent red rings of death) without issue. Sony are the magicians at figuring out ways that you improperly treated the machine (dusty environment, physical abuse, ambient temperature issues)...it'd be funny if serious money wasn't spent on this kind of crap.

These people have this crap down to a science. "Pay for it and shut up" is the business model.

All I can say is: good luck, whatever path you take. At least we know our fears of machines/robots/cyborgs taking over the planet is bunk: we can barely buy a blender that lasts six months. Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: No more Microsoft branded hardware for me   Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:04 pm

Buy Kitchen Aid ..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: No more Microsoft branded hardware for me   Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:08 pm

Vita Mix. If you're gonna do it, do it right.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: No more Microsoft branded hardware for me   Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:13 pm

Kitchen Aid... It is the only right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: No more Microsoft branded hardware for me   Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:16 pm

Sure, PeeB... I'll tell you all about how to drive what truck and why and you can tell me all about blenders. Laughing I mean, I drive a 4Runner, same thing, right? Razz

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: No more Microsoft branded hardware for me   Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:21 pm

That's fine. Your entitled to your wrong opinion.
I can't force you to be right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: No more Microsoft branded hardware for me   Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:26 pm

Enjoy your Kitschy Aid. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: No more Microsoft branded hardware for me   Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:29 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: No more Microsoft branded hardware for me   Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:32 pm

Nice, GK. Laughing You can cook and blend food at the same time from the friction.

I can see someone putting in a frozen steak and detonating the glass jar. Twisted Evil

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: No more Microsoft branded hardware for me   Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:36 pm

That's a tobacco grinder you idiot!

tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: No more Microsoft branded hardware for me   Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:40 pm

...snuffmaker? Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: No more Microsoft branded hardware for me   Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:42 pm

Thomas James used to espouse the use of coffee grinders for flakes.
If I remember correctly his Montana woman busted his arse over it the first time.

I miss that old fart, especially when hanging Christmas lights.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: No more Microsoft branded hardware for me   Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:44 pm

Microcube cut. Great, now I'm looking at my spice grinder and getting ideas. pale

Would he smoke the stuff?

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: No more Microsoft branded hardware for me   Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:47 pm

That's about the only way to break up Dark Star Flake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: No more Microsoft branded hardware for me   Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:49 pm

George Kaplan wrote:
That's about the only way to break up Dark Star Flake.

No kidding. Laughing The name "Dark Star" alone should clue in as to the relative density.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: No more Microsoft branded hardware for me   Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:53 pm

He used it for ultra high-octane ropes & such.

TJ had a pair, he did. Competitive mountain biking in his younger years.

king di tutti king king king !!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a Face
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: No more Microsoft branded hardware for me   Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:56 pm

Yak wrote:

king di tutti king king king !!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a Face

+1 Infinity
Back to top Go down
View user profile
somedumbjerk

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: No more Microsoft branded hardware for me   Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:37 pm

build a PC yourself, the games look way better, and you can fix it if anything goes wrong. a lot of $ to get set up, but you don't need to upgrade much these days. it's not like a few years ago when you needed a new something every week or you couldn't play X game. plus you can plug your Xbox controller into your PC and play the games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: No more Microsoft branded hardware for me   Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:48 pm

I've been verry happy with my playstation, going on three years with not issues. The thing has been through 5 moves and has not missed a beat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com

No more Microsoft branded hardware for me
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: