HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

kinda proud.. taharris and sasquatch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: kinda proud.. taharris and sasquatch   Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:48 am

I'm not claiming we are the only forum they frequent but they do post here quite often...

imagine my delighted surprise to see both gents pipes listed on my shave forums Pipe Of The Day thread (kinda like our 'what are you smoking' thread)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: kinda proud.. taharris and sasquatch   Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:58 am

Shave forum?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: kinda proud.. taharris and sasquatch   Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:05 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: kinda proud.. taharris and sasquatch   Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:12 pm

Nobody here's really "normal" anyhow.

You knew that . . .

I wonder if they have one for nose pickers ?

What a Face
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: kinda proud.. taharris and sasquatch   Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:17 pm

Like a pipe forum is normal?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: kinda proud.. taharris and sasquatch   Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:44 pm

You're quite serious aren't you, go on, I am curious, share the link to this forum about people who shave, as a non-shaver I find it curious enough that men shave let alone they gather in herds, most intriguing I must say. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: kinda proud.. taharris and sasquatch   Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:02 pm

When done correctly a shave IS the highlight of the day.

www.badgerandblade.com

www.straightrazorplace.com

there are the two largest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: kinda proud.. taharris and sasquatch   Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:07 pm

Well don't that just about put egg on my face, I was half expecting you to be muckin about an all, blimey, well ya learn something new everyday, and today I learnt that men are seriously turning into women these days, blimey, clean shaven indeed, it's just wrong, we only do it because women have fed us crap for so long about hating our whiskers, some men actually believe it's masculine to shave, so very strange indeed. Twisted Evil

Just kidding mate, but shaving is alien to me, I seriously don't understand the desire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: kinda proud.. taharris and sasquatch   Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:33 pm

Like I said, shaving when done correctly IS the highlight of the day..

when I used the disposable crap work was always bustin my chops because I was to hairy to fit an escape mask.... When I rediscovered the manly art of wet shaving about six years ago that all changed..

Anywho, smoking is like shaving, The old way is the only way.. if I had to go back to 20 bladed fusion vibrating comfort strip nonsense I'd never shave again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: kinda proud.. taharris and sasquatch   Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:52 pm

Shaving takes me two minutes, and that's avoiding/shaping the 'stache. I'm not sure I've ever said, "...god I hate shaving," any more than I've said, "...I love shaving." It's just shaving, but...

...then again, there's many that smoke cigarettes that could say the same thing about my pipes. Laughing

PeeB's just so effin' pretty he needed an excuse to stare a little longer in the looking glass... Laughing

...me? I have a deal with the mirror...I spend as little time in front of it, and it doesn't crack. Good arrangement. Get done, get out, get on with it.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: kinda proud.. taharris and sasquatch   Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:47 pm

I am not as die-hard as some. But I really enjoy putting a steaming hot towel on my face to soften the beard. I also like soaking the soap mug in scalding hot water to get a warm lather with the brush.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: kinda proud.. taharris and sasquatch   Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:51 pm

Moreover, why not just visit an honest-to-gosh barber? I do that every once in a while, and it's "man-pampering" of the utmost (especially if the guy has been doing it a long time). There's one shop here in Reno where people (used to, anyway) smoke cigars, sportsball was on TV, gun mags and Playboy on the waiting room tables, and general, good conversation and "chill time" was being had.

Barbers (good ones) are a dying breed, and that is some sad shyte.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
somedumbjerk

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: kinda proud.. taharris and sasquatch   Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:12 pm

recently i've started shaving with a straight razor (well intro to straight razor, a shavette) and i love it. i haven't used a disposable in years, and my safety razor gets no use these days. i shave every day or every other day, depending on how i feel. it's very relaxing, a nice ritual. It's a bit like pipe smoking really. also, i can't grow a proper beard. a bit patchy and thin. never tried for more than a week or two though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: kinda proud.. taharris and sasquatch   Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:14 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:

Barbers (good ones) are a dying breed, and that is some sad shyte.

Cool

I love my barber. She's a little Korean hottie with a great sense of humor. A few years younger than me but looks like she is in her mid 20's. Sweet lady
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: kinda proud.. taharris and sasquatch   Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:09 pm

Anywho ....

Todd n SAS are being recognized outside of pipe forums.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: kinda proud.. taharris and sasquatch   Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:25 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Anywho ....

Todd n SAS are being recognized outside of pipe forums.

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CigarKen

Registration date : 2012-11-28

PostSubject: Re: kinda proud.. taharris and sasquatch   Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:05 pm

I find that a good Dry shave with a single blade store brand razor affraid really wakes me up in the morning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ragged claws

Registration date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: kinda proud.. taharris and sasquatch   Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:24 pm

CigarKen wrote:
I find that a good Dry shave with a single blade store brand razor affraid really wakes me up in the morning.

Especially if you're touching up your bikini line! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: kinda proud.. taharris and sasquatch   Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:48 pm

I've been doing the wet shave with a 60's gilette safety razor for about two years now, not been brave enough to go to straight razor yet. I wouldn't turn back for no thing. Too lazy to do the whole hot towel thing so normally I just do it after a shower. Where you get your razors and soap? I've been just using the drugstore brands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
Slartibartfast

Registration date : 2011-09-25

PostSubject: Re: kinda proud.. taharris and sasquatch   Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:44 pm

Suspect Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: kinda proud.. taharris and sasquatch   Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:50 am

I don't do hot towels.. I find that a good hot shower accomplishes the same goal.

As far as where to buy.. before I go there let me remind the board that this is a private forum with no commercial interests and that I'm speaking only for myself..

I like www.westcoastshaving.com
And www.royalshave.com
There's also the Italian barber, classic shaving, bullgoose shaving, straight razor design, vintage blades LLC, and many other reputable vendors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jefe1037

Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: kinda proud.. taharris and sasquatch   Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:25 pm

I'm on leave from work, and I always celebrate such occasions by letting the beard take over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

kinda proud.. taharris and sasquatch
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1