HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

NorCal (bay area) get together (MEET MARCH 16TH)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
somedumbjerk

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: NorCal (bay area) get together (MEET MARCH 16TH)   Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:00 pm

anyone interested in a get together in the bay area? we could either meet at Edwards pipes, Morgan Hill Cigar, or the Rose and Crown (great beer, pliny on tap along with 20 something others and amazing fish and chips). would like it to be a regular thing. i'm leaning towards the Rose and Crown in palo alto. they have a nice patio and we could get dinner, a beer and have a smoke after work. want to feel out how many would be interested. sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, seems pretty appropriate though.

***MEET on Saturday March 16th***

i'll be there around 5:45 and try and hold down a table. try and let me know if you are going to be there! all are welcome.

Last edited by somedumbjerk on Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: NorCal (bay area) get together (MEET MARCH 16TH)   Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:53 pm

Its the right place. I hope you folks can make it a regular thing, I'd love to join in next time I visit family in the South Bay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: NorCal (bay area) get together (MEET MARCH 16TH)   Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:14 pm

Perhaps we could swing something. My family lives in Sunnyvale. If there was a definite date planned I might be able to get down that way for a weekend. I just visited Rick at Edward's over the holidays, love that shop. R&C is a great place to have a pint, I think Mac's Smoke Shop is right across the alley. Would make for a nice pipe meet-up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
somedumbjerk

PostSubject: Re: NorCal (bay area) get together (MEET MARCH 16TH)   Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:17 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Perhaps we could swing something. My family lives in Sunnyvale. If there was a definite date planned I might be able to get down that way for a weekend. I just visited Rick at Edward's over the holidays, love that shop. R&C is a great place to have a pint, I think Mac's Smoke Shop is right across the alley. Would make for a nice pipe meet-up.

yeah, i'll head there this weekend and talk to Darian (R&C) and get his blessing for a regular thing. i'm thinking early Saturday evenings, once a month if we can get sufficient interest. either that or a weekday after work, but if people are more likely to come on weekends, that works for me too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: NorCal (bay area) get together (MEET MARCH 16TH)   Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:52 pm

Bit far for a regular thing for me, but on a whim or a weekend, or come baseball season hitting up a Giants game... *shrug*

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
somedumbjerk

PostSubject: Re: NorCal (bay area) get together (MEET MARCH 16TH)   Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:45 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Bit far for a regular thing for me, but on a whim or a weekend, or come baseball season hitting up a Giants game... *shrug*

Cool

bit far for sure! would be stoked to have you, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fishfuzz

Registration date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: NorCal (bay area) get together (MEET MARCH 16TH)   Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:38 pm

I'm in the bay every couple of months. So hopefully something regular starts up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
somedumbjerk

PostSubject: Re: NorCal (bay area) get together (MEET MARCH 16TH)   Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:05 am

okay seems to have some interest from people far away. I'll start discussions with the Rose and Crown and the local tobacconists tomorrow. I'll get the OK from the bar and see if i can't get the tobacconists to hang up flyers and pass them out with sales. even if it's just myself having a pint and a smoke i think it'll be a good time. i propose the third Saturday of every month at 6pm, but if you guys have better suggestions I'm open. also if you happen to be in town from far away hit me up with a PM and maybe we can find a place to have a smoke or i can at least suggest a place to get good food/drink in the area! the other good thing about the R&C is that they are dog friendly if your companion is well behaved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: NorCal (bay area) get together (MEET MARCH 16TH)   Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:33 pm

Nothing is better than a well-behaved dog, except a well-behaved human. Both are sadly rare, and it's usually not the dog's fault. Laughing Meanwhile, if I show up, I'll try not to pee on the rug.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
somedumbjerk

PostSubject: Re: NorCal (bay area) get together (MEET MARCH 16TH)   Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:02 pm

okay i'm calling it. first meeting: Saturday, Febuary 16th
Rose And Crown Pub
547 Emerson Street Palo Alto, CA 94301
(650) 327-7673

Bar website:
http://www.roseandcrownpa.com/

6pm, weather depending. i'm going for the third Saturday of every month. the food is good, the beer is great, and hopefully, the people better. i'm working on getting the local B&M to put up flyers, and pass them out to new smokers, and old customers. Rick at Edwards said he was interested in going, and could spread the word to some of his buddies who aren't on the forums. just need to clear it with the owners of Edwards for the flyers. eventually, i want to do a raffle/prize thingy if we get some regulars. but if only a few people show up it's pointless raffling off some tobacco Very Happy

i'll get there early and hold a table. parking is a bit rough right at the pub, but there are parking garages all over that are free. look forward to meeting some of you guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lestrout

Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: NorCal (bay area) get together (MEET MARCH 16TH)   Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:20 am

sounds great. Isn't the group that meets monthly at the Edward's on Sundays active any more? They used to meet in San Jose at Mission Pipes.

Can't make this one, but next time I'm in the Bay, I'll schedule my flight to make one of your next meetings.

hp
les
Back to top Go down
View user profile
somedumbjerk

PostSubject: Re: NorCal (bay area) get together (MEET MARCH 16TH)   Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:35 am

lestrout wrote:
sounds great. Isn't the group that meets monthly at the Edward's on Sundays active any more? They used to meet in San Jose at Mission Pipes.

Can't make this one, but next time I'm in the Bay, I'll schedule my flight to make one of your next meetings.

hp
les

nice! yeah the peninsula pipe club meets the first sunday. i figured adding a second meet might be fun. also an evening meet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: NorCal (bay area) get together (MEET MARCH 16TH)   Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:06 pm

Very tepid "maybe." Timing and weather, money and transport all considered. It'd be a great getaway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
somedumbjerk

PostSubject: Re: NorCal (bay area) get together (MEET MARCH 16TH)   Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:38 pm

very tepid cheers

hope to see you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
somedumbjerk

PostSubject: Re: NorCal (bay area) get together (MEET MARCH 16TH)   Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:12 pm

so the 16th will be part of SF Beer week. there will be some special beers on tap for this. bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
somedumbjerk

PostSubject: Re: NorCal (bay area) get together (MEET MARCH 16TH)   Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:06 pm

bump for the march meet. i'll be there! i'll bring some tobacco for sampling, as well. hope to see you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

NorCal (bay area) get together (MEET MARCH 16TH)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1