HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Tried cutting my own stems need alot of work

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Richard Hester
Author of "My Love My Pipe"

Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Tried cutting my own stems need alot of work   Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:33 pm

Well I thought I would try my hand at cutting and shaping my own stems much harder than I thought I know I need a lot more hours doing this but I have nothing but time so back to the work shop
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://charlesrhesterjr@aol.com.com
bosun1

Registration date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Tried cutting my own stems need alot of work   Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:57 pm

"The longest journey begins with the first step".
(grin)
john
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Tried cutting my own stems need alot of work   Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:57 pm

so far the most frustrating part of pipe making for me

rev
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://revspipes.com
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Tried cutting my own stems need alot of work   Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:33 pm

I hate hand cutting stems, but after a while your muscle memory takes over. Don't worry if the first ones are ugly. You'll get better as you go along.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
somedumbjerk

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Tried cutting my own stems need alot of work   Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:39 pm

any reason you didn't want to try a simple stem first?

just re-read this and i don't mean to sound like a jerk, despite my name. i just started my first stem myself. should be done this weekend. i went for a simple taper, next will be a saddle if the stummel warrants it.

Last edited by somedumbjerk on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sounded like a jerk)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Hester
Author of "My Love My Pipe"

Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Tried cutting my own stems need alot of work   Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:00 pm

somedumbjerk wrote:

just re-read this and i don't mean to sound like a jerk, despite my name. i just started my first stem myself. should be done this weekend. i went for a simple taper, next will be a saddle if the stummel warrants it.

To be honest they are all hard to me at this point so I figured I would try to make the pipe and I thought this small stem would look better. I must say the pipe smokes great I smoked it twice already and besides being ugly it smoke beautiful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://charlesrhesterjr@aol.com.com
somedumbjerk

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Tried cutting my own stems need alot of work   Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:19 pm

Richard Hester wrote:
somedumbjerk wrote:

To be honest they are all hard to me at this point so I figured I would try to make the pipe and I thought this small stem would look better. I must say the pipe smokes great I smoked it twice already and besides being ugly it smoke beautiful.

that makes sense. glad it smokes nice! that's the most important part, right? Smile

i'll post my atrocity as soon as it's done. congrats on taking the plunge!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Tried cutting my own stems need alot of work
Page 1 of 1