HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Pics Of My Buddies New Darren Peditto Volcano

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PipeDragon

Registration date : 2012-10-31

PostSubject: Pics Of My Buddies New Darren Peditto Volcano   Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:23 pm

After I bought and smoked my first pipe from Darren, I showed it to my buddy and pipe mentor (the same one who gave me all the tobacco) Very Happy

Not to long after that, Darren went to my buddies work and after seeing another pipe made by him and talking with him, my buddy then commissioned a Volcano.

Heres a couple pics of the finished piece below:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Pics Of My Buddies New Darren Peditto Volcano   Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:52 pm

is that wood? looks like marble! I also suspect you could get a good sized bowl in there, I approve!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeDragon

PostSubject: Re: Pics Of My Buddies New Darren Peditto Volcano   Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:00 pm

Greyson wrote:
is that wood? looks like marble! I also suspect you could get a good sized bowl in there, I approve!

Its def wood (a type of burl Darren found). The patterns, swirls and markings etc that you see are all natural (in the wood already). After roughing and getting close to the "finished" piece, he stains and sands the bowls a few times to enhance whats already there, and then waxes them when they are "done' Very Happy

And as far as the bowl size goes, its a good and deep!. My buddy says it smokes great too!

To see more of Darrens work, I just posted pics of a freehand tomato I bought from him today on the PAD thread.

You can also put his last name in the search box to see my other pipe from him and also the first pipe he ever carved for another member on here
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Pics Of My Buddies New Darren Peditto Volcano   Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:37 pm

I'm shocked there's not snow at the top... that's Mt. effing Fuji. Shocked Massive, but pretty finish.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeDragon

PostSubject: Re: Pics Of My Buddies New Darren Peditto Volcano   Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:24 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
I'm shocked there's not snow at the top... that's Mt. effing Fuji. Shocked Massive, but pretty finish.

Cool

LOL, its actually not that big (that sounds so weird!) anyway...I just texted my buddy and he wrote back that it is only 2 3/4 in tall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harbinger

Registration date : 2012-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Pics Of My Buddies New Darren Peditto Volcano   Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:50 pm

Very nice!

You know looking at that shape and sitting on that yellow towel I'm surprized nobody has made a cheese wedge shaped greenbay packers volcano pipe. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Pics Of My Buddies New Darren Peditto Volcano
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1