HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

What a neat surprise!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: What a neat surprise!   Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:25 pm

In talking with Dock Perry about S Bang pipes he inquired as to whether or not I got a leather pipe sock with my Bang. I did not as I bought mine on the estate market and the seller was not including the sock with the sale. A package arrived today containing not only a genuine leather S Bang pipe sock, but a full tin of my favorite tobacco, a very nice old fashioned post card showing a Lucky Strike ad - a couple of guys tieing up tobacco leaves to be hung and dried - and a couple of samples of tobacco from Chief Catoonah tobacconists Very Happy santa

Thanks a lot Dock, that was a very nice thing you did there Cool

jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

PostSubject: Re: What a neat surprise!   Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:36 pm

Very cool Dock!

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
showme1or2

Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: What a neat surprise!   Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:18 pm

Great spirit, Dock. Very Happy

showme
Back to top Go down
View user profile
regor

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: What a neat surprise!   Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:27 am

Great Heart shown sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: What a neat surprise!   Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:15 am

Very nice indeed! sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/

PostSubject: Re: What a neat surprise!   Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:26 pm

Top drawer stuff, Dock. Thanks for letting us in on this very generous act, JD. Very cool!

BTW, in case anyone was wondering, I've searched high and low to find a bag for my little Castello billiard. Sadly, I've been forced to store it in a woolen mitten, handed down from three little kittens... actually, they lost them, but it's finders-keepers where I grew up. The thread-bare mitten does serve to shelter the poor little thing from the elements, if poorly, and frees up the other to serve as protection for my frost-bitten fingers as I chop wood to provide warmth for neighborhood orphans. Speaking of orphans, I certainly wouldn't expect anyone to be so generous as to send me a Castello sock, free of charge, even if it is the season of giving, but if anyone should know of a stray in need of a new home... well, I'm sure the kids won't mind breaking into their piggy banks to provide me an ice-cold six-pack of.... er, I mean, to provide a nice, new warm home for Cat-sello... that's their nick-name for the pipe.... cute, huh?

Anyway, Happy Holidays, all!
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: What a neat surprise!   Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:40 pm

PM me your addy Gate and I'll shoot a Castello box and sock your way!

thomas james
Italian Stallion

PostSubject: Re: What a neat surprise!   Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:15 pm

Greatwheel,

How bout some cheese and crackers to go along with that whine?

Nice play!

My poor little orphan Castello lives in mitten. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What a neat surprise!   Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:58 pm

Daddy.... (yeah, I know, scary thought, huh?)....

It was very generous of you to offer the Castello sock and box to me, and I should have expected no less. It was also very stupid of me to post that little flight of fantasy without identifying it as a joke, and not an earnest request. I really do appreciate the spirit in which the offer was made... that means more to me than the pipe sock ever would have... but I was going to list the pipe on e-Bay in the next couple of weeks, anyway.... it's a very nice pipe, but it smokes too much like a..... Dunhill.

Thanks again, and I'll try to make my dumbass-ness less ambiguous in the future.... if that's possible.

Back to top Go down
thomas james
Italian Stallion

PostSubject: Re: What a neat surprise!   Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:15 am

gatewheel wrote:
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it smokes too much like a..... Dunhill.

.. if that's possible.

dumb ass pirat

king
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What a neat surprise!   Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:26 am

ROTFLMAO!

Guilty as charged, your Honor! I knew them law-dogs was coming... just a matter of when they'd catch up to me!
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: What a neat surprise!   Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:01 am

gatewheel wrote:
but I was going to list the pipe on e-Bay in the next couple of weeks, anyway....

There goes my grand plan of embossing the Castello castle logo onto a Trojan affraid It would have been such a fitting (pun?) sock for our mr Gate to be carrying his pipe around it Laughing

Hey lady, c'mere, check this out Shocked

PostSubject: Re: What a neat surprise!   Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:11 am

That's friggin' hilarious, PD!

It would have been cool to show off my high-grade wood in that fancy custom-made Castello sock, but that would have surely sealed the Castello's fate as e-Bay material... 'cause I damned sure ain't smokin' nothin' that's been in a Trojan.... I don't care how high-grade it is.... no way, no how!
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: What a neat surprise!   Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:27 am

Just remember that you'd have to give full disclosure on your auction Laughing

Dock
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: What a neat surprise!   Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:23 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
In talking with Dock Perry about S Bang pipes he inquired as to whether or not I got a leather pipe sock with my Bang. I did not as I bought mine on the estate market and the seller was not including the sock with the sale. A package arrived today containing not only a genuine leather S Bang pipe sock, but a full tin of my favorite tobacco, a very nice old fashioned post card showing a Lucky Strike ad - a couple of guys tieing up tobacco leaves to be hung and dried - and a couple of samples of tobacco from Chief Catoonah tobacconists Very Happy santa

Thanks a lot Dock, that was a very nice thing you did there Cool

It was my absolute pleasure P. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Best,
Dock
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
thomas james
Italian Stallion

PostSubject: Re: What a neat surprise!   Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:21 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
Just remember that you'd have to give full disclosure on your auction

Such as,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The contents of this sock are the works of a pirat and therefore not fit for consumption.

king
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What a neat surprise!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1