HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Last Night's smoke

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Big_Tex

Registration date : 2013-01-15

PostSubject: Last Night's smoke   Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:26 pm

I am Daddy to a six month old boy...so my free time is pretty much non-existent. Nonetheless...I managed to sneak in about a half hour last night to pursue gentlemanly indulgences. It was colder than all get-out last night (which, around here, translates to 38 degrees. Northerners, please don't make fun of me, I know I'm a wimp Laughing ) so I bundled up in my "smoking jacket" (an old ragged camo hoodie I wear hunting) and went out to the back patio. With the baby monitor plugged in and resting on the barbecue pit, I lit up a nice bowl of a Black Cavendish blend, put some Mozart on the iPod, and poured a healthy splash of this stuff:

Then I sat in my plastic lawn chair and experienced...one of the most relaxing moments in recent history. So, to all you stressed out Dads out there (and people in general), next time you need a quick escape from all that responsibility and stress, try the pipe+port+Mozart combo. It's a sure fire winner that won't let you down. Just thought I'd share my experience with you all. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuitarMyFriend

Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Last Night's smoke   Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:25 pm

Sounds ever so relaxing... Not that I'm a father or have any responsibilities comparable... But it is so nice to sit down with a pipe and TRULY think, or TRULY listen to music.
Zach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Big_Tex

Registration date : 2013-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Last Night's smoke   Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:51 pm

GuitarMyFriend wrote:
Sounds ever so relaxing... Not that I'm a father or have any responsibilities comparable... But it is so nice to sit down with a pipe and TRULY think, or TRULY listen to music.
Zach

Responsibilities will come, don't you worry about that. In the meantime, live it up and enjoy! My funnest and most carefree years were 18-23 (23 was when I graduated college and entered corporate America). Aside from the few hours a day I attended classes...I pretty much chilled out and pursued fun 24/7/365. I enjoy being where I am at in life right now, but man, I won't lie...I also really miss the freedom and carefree days of my late teens/early twenties. For the love of god, cherish it! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kodos44

Registration date : 2011-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Last Night's smoke   Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:59 am

Big_Tex wrote:
GuitarMyFriend wrote:
Zach

Responsibilities will come, don't you worry about that. In the meantime, live it up and enjoy! My funnest and most carefree years were 18-23 (23 was when I graduated college and entered corporate America). Aside from the few hours a day I attended classes...I pretty much chilled out and pursued fun 24/7/365. I enjoy being where I am at in life right now, but man, I won't lie...I also really miss the freedom and carefree days of my late teens/early twenties. For the love of god, cherish it! Laughing

+1

Scott
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Last Night's smoke   Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:35 am

Big_Tex wrote:
With the baby monitor plugged in and resting on the barbecue pit

Crap!

Thanks a lot - now you've got me thinking about using my BBQ Pit! Mad

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Last Night's smoke   Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:27 pm

Nice post brother, glad you're mixing vices to maximise your free time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Last Night's smoke
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1