HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

I've done it!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GuitarMyFriend

Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: I've done it!   Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:23 pm

I have successfully created a list of tobaccos I want in my cellar when I get that far along. There will be some added later on I'm sure but it's all ones I've tried and thoroughly enjoyed. There's a total of 17 pounds of tobacco only because I'm only considering 2 tins each, as the years go by I'm sure I'll stock up on more. Anyone else do this? Oh, and in total, it's going to cost me near 700 dollars (Thanks Pipesandcigars). The only problem is stocking up on it. I have opened tins that I plan to use up before touching anymore tobacco, so that should buy me some time. Maybe like 3 tins every paycheck? There's needs to be a how to TAD, PAD, LAD, SAD, and CAD booklet. (Lighter Acquisition, Snuff Acquisition, Cigar Acquisition) I'm making lists for those later.
Zach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: I've done it!   Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:55 pm

I have goals, but I don't really break it down by weight per blend (with the exception of one or two blends that I'm looking to really load up on). I have a few benchmarks for total weight that I'm trying to hit by certain dates, and trying to build it with a variety of blends...and when I find the one's I really dig, I just buy more of it as I go along. Pretty informal, really. Oh, and I have no idea what these goals are going to cost me, and I really don't want to know, either Very Happy

You might want to check out tobaccocellar.com as a way to track what you have (I think there's a feature to set goals by blend, too, but I've never used that). There are probably other sites like it out there, but I've had pretty good luck with TC.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: I've done it!   Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:41 pm

Ya I really need to get my head in the game , there is few tins I buy twice and none really cellared. Seems every time I get a heading my preferences change. For the first year I smoked one house aro and bought it a pound at a time. Then I joined here. Laughing So you have a much better game plan than me guitar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: I've done it!   Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:24 pm

Yes, I have goals. Once I decide on a tobacco to cellar I try to get at least 5lbs of it. Sometimes all at once, sometimes over a few purchase.

I keep purchases and planned purchases on an Excel sheet.

I'll have to post pictures of what has arrived in the last week or so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: I've done it!   Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:55 am

Slide wrote:

Good god, you have a cellar spreadsheet? Now I feel like I'm really winging it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: I've done it!   Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:10 am

Greyson wrote:
Slide wrote:

Good god, you have a cellar spreadsheet? Now I feel like I'm really winging it!

I used to use an online tracker (.org and then .com), but exported the info into a spreadsheet to track offline. Its preferable to me. I don't have planned purchases though. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: I've done it!   Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:29 am

You guys are way too organized for me. I'm not really a cellaring guy. I'm just in the habit of buying a little more than I need and forgetting where I put it. Having 3 desks in 3 different towns helps with that. Anything else gets stuffed in an old foot locker. The last time I looked, it was getting a bit crowded in there. Maybe it's time for an inventory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: I've done it!   Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:31 am

Yeah, organization is fun for some and crazy for others. I think its fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
GuitarMyFriend

PostSubject: Re: I've done it!   Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:43 am

I find it ridiculously fun!!!
I'm going to do cigars next!!!
Zach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: I've done it!   Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:18 am

Beyond being fastidious in meeting one's obligations, I cellar aggressively. The US has the strongest anti-tobacco voice in the world. Europeans smoke cigarettes incessantly. SE Asia same. I think cigarette smoking is growing in most parts of the world. But given the anti's power, they aren't going to stop until all tobacco shares the same tax burden as cigarettes and RYO. From the standpoint of revenue alone, how can legislators possibly ignore tobacco?

So I put tobacco back in as large a chunk as I can figure out how to afford.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuitarMyFriend

PostSubject: Re: I've done it!   Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:12 pm

My Girlfriend showed me a whole new world called "Pinterest". I did all my cellaring on there just a few days ago. It's all the tobaccos I've tried and really have loved. I've also done cigars.
Check this out; https://pinterest.com/runkzachary/
Zach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuitarMyFriend

PostSubject: Re: I've done it!   Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:15 pm

All of the tins I want at least three, and the bulk blends I want at least 1 pound each. That would be the start of my cellar. I don't even want to try anything new until I get these all stocked up! LOL!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

I've done it!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: