HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

...and the first bowl in Japan was...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SaltwaterCowboy

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: ...and the first bowl in Japan was...   Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:58 am

Boswell's Chocolate Cream in my MM Diplomat... I got to watch the sunset over the trees, listen to the wind and contemplate... And then it got me thinking about the Dr. Grabow I have been tinkering with, and the pipe went out. The re-light was...unpleasant so I went back to my man cave and pulled out the dremel and my Duke and went to town on some rustication.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: ...and the first bowl in Japan was...   Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:50 am

Yeah, I've had that experience. Sometimes the magic returns, sometimes it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: ...and the first bowl in Japan was...   Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:56 am

Never had Boswell's Chocolate Cream.

Some aro's do better, IMHO, that others regarding re-lights. Maybe the next bowl will work better for you. After smoking a pipe for 20-years I'll tell you that this does happen to all of us on occasion.

Good luck on the rustication and post pics if you can.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaltwaterCowboy

PostSubject: Re: ...and the first bowl in Japan was...   Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:50 am

Rob_In_MO wrote:

Good luck on the rustication and post pics if you can.

Rob, I've got those pics up in the DIY section on a brand new Dr. Grabow I acquired. Rusticated all over but left a ribbon around the bowl and the stem. My wife was completely against it, she was ticked off about my 2 new pipes on top of the 2 pipe making kits I bought, but all that redhead anger disappeared after she saw what I did with it.

To be honest the Chocolate Cream has never really made it high on my ranking list, but everything else I've had by Boswell has been nothing short of incredible. Maybe I'll acquire a taste for it, someday....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: ...and the first bowl in Japan was...   Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:44 am

I do love the boswells chocolate cream, one of my first and favourite aros, I think I've only got a very small amount of it left now though sadly, and it isn't easy to come by over here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaltwaterCowboy

PostSubject: Re: ...and the first bowl in Japan was...   Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:00 am

I'm half tempted to check in with Frog Morton and see how Across the Pond is. My wife isn't very fond of the smell in the can. I've just been dragging my heels lately....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: ...and the first bowl in Japan was...   Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:04 am

SaltwaterCowboy wrote:
My wife isn't very fond of the smell in the can.

Yeah - I can relate, all too well. Almost any Latakia blend seems to have that characteristic, and Tin Aroma is nothing like that of a good aromatic.

A good Lat blend sure does taste good though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

...and the first bowl in Japan was...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1