HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The Coldblooded

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Vito

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The Coldblooded   Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:45 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Jacob the coldblooded wrote:
People need to be better informed before buying animals.
Most definitely!
Wait...wait...this is crazy. Pets aren't something to buy on a whim because you're bored on the weekend or because you or your kids think it's SOOOooOOoOOOooo cute, or because it's the newest trend in fashion magazines?

I'm still not following... scratch
I can't speak for Jacob or DrumsAndBeer, but I pretty much inferred that that's what they were saying—namely, that the whole process of buying pets should be very much more a look before you leap kinda thang than the casual and superficial way many people (apparently) treat it.

Sort of like the way Mrs. Pumphrey bought a piglet so that Tricki-Woo wouldn't have to be an "only dog", and then after James "Uncle" Herriot examined the little pig, she asked, "Do you think he will get very much bigger?" Sheesh...get a clue, woman!

With ownership comes responsibility. The number of pets that are abandoned around here when they outgrow their puppyish and kittenish cuteness is scandalous. Notwithstanding the arguments about whether a human can actually (morally) own another creature, there's unquestionably a very definite implicit responsibility involved with pet "ownership", and those who aren't prepared to accept that responsibility should bloody well not take it on. No

jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vitotuxedo.com/VitoSpace/Home/=index.html
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: The Coldblooded   Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:04 pm

People need incentive to make such decisions. For example, if someone mistreats or abandons a pet or animal, and said person was suddenly swarmed by a fire ant colony out of nowhere, word would spread pretty quickly, and such things would be behind us as a society.

Ah well, when I'm President. When I'm President. *wistful sigh* Smile

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito

PostSubject: Re: The Coldblooded   Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:31 pm

C'mon Kyle, you don't wanna be President do you? If so, that immediately disqualifies you, in my book.

That's my Number One qualification for candidates for public office: They can't seek the job. Anyone who actually wants to get his ayuss elected is automatically disqualified. I immediately distrust anyone whose ambition is to rule the lives of others.

Of course, that means there isn't a single person holding elected office right now who is actually qualified to hold that office.

You prolly think I'm kidding. I'm not.

jocolor

Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: The Coldblooded   Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:36 pm

Oh, I don't want to be, but something tells me it's just going to happen. I'm not even going to be aware of it. Laughing Something about accidentally setting off HAARP with my synthesizers, there won't even be enough time for the headline: "Reno Rube Discovers Mass-Mind Control."

Not only do I think you're not kidding, I agree and stand with you in that idea about our dignified leaders, and have since before I turned 18. Made my first legal vote seem a bit lackluster. Now it's just sad. Laughing You might think I'm not laughing, but it's actually the "sad" swinging full circle.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: The Coldblooded   Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:22 pm

Vito just Catch-22'd us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: The Coldblooded   Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:31 pm

Vito wrote:
C'mon Kyle, you don't wanna be President do you? If so, that immediately disqualifies you, in my book.

That's my Number One qualification for candidates for public office: They can't seek the job. Anyone who actually wants to get his ayuss elected is automatically disqualified. I immediately distrust anyone whose ambition is to rule the lives of others.

Of course, that means there isn't a single person holding elected office right now who is actually qualified to hold that office.

You prolly think I'm kidding. I'm not.

jocolor

I don't think you're kidding.
That's the root of the problem;
the type of people that get into politics. Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito

PostSubject: Re: The Coldblooded   Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:35 am

gravel wrote:
Vito just Catch-22'd us.
What Vito actually did was provide a clue as to what's the solution to the whole friggin' bloody mess. The problem is that everyone is starting with the wrong assumptions.

...er, it was not my intention to hijack this thread into the Rubber Room. It's just that all this talk about snakes and other coldblooded vermin naturally got me thinking about politicians...an understandable association. I respectfully yield the floor back to the pet discussion.

Back to top Go down
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: The Coldblooded   Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:36 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The Coldblooded   Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:42 am

Vito wrote:

I can't speak for Jacob or DrumsAndBeer, but I pretty much inferred that that's what they were saying—namely, that the whole process of buying pets should be very much more a look before you leap kinda thang than the casual and superficial way many people (apparently) treat it.

That's what I meant in my response to Jacob. I figured Kyle was being sarcastic. Still trying to figure out how to interpret what Jacob was saying otherwise.... scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: The Coldblooded   Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:47 am

Vito wrote:
It's just that all this talk about snakes and other coldblooded vermin naturally got me thinking about politicians...an understandable association.

That association is highly insulting to reptiles everywhere. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob the coldblooded

Registration date : 2013-01-16

PostSubject: Re: The Coldblooded   Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:03 am

Hermit wrote:

I agree! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.advancedwildlife.com/
Vito

PostSubject: Re: The Coldblooded   Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:58 am

Hermit wrote:
Vito wrote:
It's just that all this talk about snakes and other coldblooded vermin naturally got me thinking about politicians...an understandable association.

You're right, of course. In fact, it's quite clear to me that an actual reptile in the White House would be a decided improvement over any of the two-legged scoundrels who routinely occupy it. And, not being insane, a snake wouldn't actively seek the job—which of course immediately qualifies it.

One thing is certain—the snake would do a great deal less damage to the rest of the country and its people.

I'm not kidding about that either.

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: The Coldblooded   Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:29 pm

Hermit wrote:
Vito wrote:

I trust my cold-blooded vermin more than I do hot-blooded thieves.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The Coldblooded
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: