HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First Pipe Carving Kit

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TrevorLeMayRambles

Registration date : 2013-01-28

First Pipe Carving Kit  Empty
PostSubject: First Pipe Carving Kit    First Pipe Carving Kit  EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:26 pm

First Pipe Carving Kit  Photo_11

I got a kit from Tinsky! Excited to begin Smile

Last edited by TrevorLeMayRambles on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
petertschantz

petertschantz

Registration date : 2010-08-12

PostSubject: Re: First Pipe Carving Kit    First Pipe Carving Kit  EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:28 pm

Enjoy! I hope to try my hand at it one day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.petertschantz.com/
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: First Pipe Carving Kit    First Pipe Carving Kit  EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:29 pm

That's a heck of a chunk he sent ya. Nice!
Back to top Go down
TrevorLeMayRambles

PostSubject: Re: First Pipe Carving Kit    First Pipe Carving Kit  EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:45 pm

the stem is way beautiful! It looks like when you first stir milk into coffee Smile
Back to top Go down
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: First Pipe Carving Kit    First Pipe Carving Kit  EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:00 pm

That's awesome, do you have any idea what you plan to do with it yet, I started to see if I could see any pipe in there that wanted to escape but then came to my senses realising it aint a block for me to ponder, really looking forward to seeing what you come up with, best of luck with it and enjoy the process. Smile
Back to top Go down
TrevorLeMayRambles

PostSubject: Re: First Pipe Carving Kit    First Pipe Carving Kit  EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:07 pm

I've had a sick day! So I've spent all day trying different pieces on scraps of paper. I'm not to sure about what to do, seeing as this is my first pipe. I'm hoping to go with something pretty basic my first time in the game. Suggestions from experience are completely welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: First Pipe Carving Kit    First Pipe Carving Kit  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:06 pm

Well, there's pipe carvers here, but largely it isn't a forum where too much procedural pipe-carving is discussed. There's always pipemakersforum.com, but those guys are danged serious, and might overwhelm your thoughts and efforts on how to approach, Trev.

What tools do you have? You'll be sanding and filing for the next ten years if that's all you're gonna use. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: First Pipe Carving Kit    First Pipe Carving Kit  EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:29 pm

PM sent with link re: step-by-step photos.

First Pipe Carving Kit  D6bddf10First Pipe Carving Kit  29400910First Pipe Carving Kit  114e6110First Pipe Carving Kit  Ddb39b10First Pipe Carving Kit  Cf77ce10First Pipe Carving Kit  Dd692012First Pipe Carving Kit  Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
Bobostro61

Bobostro61

Registration date : 2012-10-28

PostSubject: Re: First Pipe Carving Kit    First Pipe Carving Kit  EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 8:41 am

Nice hunk of briar there. I had a very similar one from Mark that had the same stem. Here's what I did with mine. Just to give you an idea for what you can do.

First Pipe Carving Kit  Img_0755
Back to top Go down
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: First Pipe Carving Kit    First Pipe Carving Kit  EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 3:12 pm

Bobostro61 wrote:
Nice hunk of briar there. I had a very similar one from Mark that had the same stem. Here's what I did with mine. Just to give you an idea for what you can do.

First Pipe Carving Kit  Img_0755

Stop it, you're driving me nuts with these gorgeous creations of yours, that pipe is superb, you have a real talent for the Freehands you know that don't you. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: First Pipe Carving Kit    First Pipe Carving Kit  EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 4:15 pm

First Pipe Carving Kit  6435384233_9e0ce59fc1_z

...what I did with mine... *shrug*
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: First Pipe Carving Kit    First Pipe Carving Kit  EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 4:18 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
First Pipe Carving Kit  6435384233_9e0ce59fc1_z

...what I did with mine... *shrug*

I like that one Kyle. Did you leave it "natural" ie, unfinished ? Looks good with that color in the bit ! Nice, nice job Razz
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: First Pipe Carving Kit    First Pipe Carving Kit  EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 4:20 pm

Yep, didn't color it at all. I'm letting the smoke do that work...it's turned a stained-cedar red since this picture.
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: First Pipe Carving Kit    First Pipe Carving Kit  EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Yep, didn't color it at all. I'm letting the smoke do that work...it's turned a stained-cedar red since this picture.

Sounds nice, Give it a few more years, then put some wax on that puppy and I'll bet it will really look nice ! Razz
Back to top Go down
TrevorLeMayRambles

PostSubject: Holy Cow!    First Pipe Carving Kit  EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 6:01 pm

What gorgeous creations! Its further motivating me Smile
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: First Pipe Carving Kit    First Pipe Carving Kit  EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 3:46 pm

You can do it, Trev.

I expect to see you smoking out of it when you visit home again. Twisted Evil Or else.
Back to top Go down

First Pipe Carving Kit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: