HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Zombie Apocalypse Hits Montana!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vito

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Zombie Apocalypse Hits Montana!   Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:46 pm

Actually, it was a hack of the Emergency Broadcast System on KRTV. Sure, it was a nuisance to the folks who take any interruption of their TV addiction very seriously, but it still made me chuckle.

jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vitotuxedo.com/VitoSpace/Home/=index.html
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Hits Montana!   Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:38 pm

That's cool!

It's going to cause pain and mayhem - just like 'War of the Worlds' all over again. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Hits Montana!   Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:11 pm

I hope the Feds don't catch the jokers! Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com Online
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Hits Montana!   Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:38 pm

The Undead have been walking around in the UK for the longest time, around these parts we call them 'Farmers'. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Hits Montana!   Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:58 pm

The novelty pancake skillet ad underneath it is a nice counterpoint. "The dead are returning to walk the earth! And now I'll never get a chance to make perfectly round pancakes!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Vito

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Hits Montana!   Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:06 pm

Kirk Fitzgerald wrote:
The Undead have been walking around in the UK for the longest time, around these parts we call them 'Farmers'. Smile
Around these parts we call them "Senator", "Congressman", "Assemblyman", "Mr. President", "Mr. Secretary"...etc. Mad

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Briar Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Hits Montana!   Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:14 am

Vito wrote:
Kirk Fitzgerald wrote:
Around these parts we call them "Senator", "Congressman", "Assemblyman", "Mr. President", "Mr. Secretary"...etc. Mad

jocolor

I was going to say 'Politicians' but I got my wrist slapped on smokers forums recently for being too 'political', didn't want to ruffle any tender feathers anywhere else. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Hits Montana!   Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:11 am

Kirk Fitzgerald wrote:
...I was going to say 'Politicians' but I got my wrist slapped on smokers forums recently for being too 'political', didn't want to ruffle any tender feathers anywhere else. Wink
I don't see how such a comment can be considered "political", Kirk. It doesn't show favoritism for any partisan policy, issue, or agenda, nor does it single out or attack any individual. It is an equal opportunity lampooning of an ignoble ...er, "profession" that is far more deserving of pillorying than, say, cockroaches or weevils. Six-legged vermin don't choose to be pests.

jocolor
Back to top Go down
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Hits Montana!   Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:45 am

Classic! I wonder if anyone took it seriously... ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Hits Montana!   Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:40 pm

Heck, in my classes, I call then "students", except, they're not living dead, just dead. Laughing It certainly couldn't be my dynamic and exciting teaching techniques, could it? Rolling Eyes

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Hits Montana!   Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:05 pm

Natch wrote:
Heck, in my classes, I call then "students", except, they're not living dead, just dead. Laughing It certainly couldn't be my dynamic and exciting teaching techniques, could it? Rolling Eyes

Natch
Prolly not, if they're anything like I was when I was a student. Although I wasn't dead, I usually was just somewhere else. Also, it depended on the subject. Physics, chemistry, calculus, differential equations, advanced maths, most history...those were all OK. But I had to drag mah whaht ayuss through German, statistics, and most literature. The classics and Shakespeare were absolutely guaranteed to be a ....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Briar Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Hits Montana!   Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:50 am

Vito wrote:
Kirk Fitzgerald wrote:
...I was going to say 'Politicians' but I got my wrist slapped on smokers forums recently for being too 'political', didn't want to ruffle any tender feathers anywhere else. Wink
I don't see how such a comment can be considered "political", Kirk. It doesn't show favoritism for any partisan policy, issue, or agenda, nor does it single out or attack any individual. It is an equal opportunity lampooning of an ignoble ...er, "profession" that is far more deserving of pillorying than, say, cockroaches or weevils. Six-legged vermin don't choose to be pests.

jocolor

Nah, my post was pretty political, but I was expressing my own experiences in certain situations and got a slap for it, too much 'reality' I think was the problem there, just made me edgy about posting any political stuff is all mate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito

PostSubject: "Political" is usually undefined   Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:45 am

Kirk Fitzgerald wrote:
...Nah, my post was pretty political, but I was expressing my own experiences in certain situations and got a slap for it, too much 'reality' I think was the problem there, just made me edgy about posting any political stuff is all mate.
Well, truth be told Bro', I'm a bit edgy about it myself. I post on another board whose subject is certain medical issues. One of the medications of great interest to all board members there has been in short supply over the last 15 months. The reason is well-known and well documented—namely, a raw materials shortage due to heavy handed regulation by two U.S. bureaucracies: the Federal Drug Administration (FDA), and especially the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), whose policies created the shortage in the first place. It's hardly a partisan political issue. These policies were started in the last century, and have been made increasingly more restrictive by both Democan and Republicrat administrations alike since then.

Anyhow, someone posted something about free markets on that forum, and I pointed out that we don't have free markets because of all the meddling by the Feds. My post was censored for being "political". It was nothing of the sort. It certainly didn't show any partisan favoritism, or even imply a criticism of one party over another. I never made any disparaging comments to or about any other board members, and I confined myself strictly to facts.

I asked for an explanation as to why my post was "political", and a clarification of the forum rules so I could avoid running afoul of those rules in the future. I was promised a reply, but that was three months ago. I'm still waiting. Meanwhile, others frequently post about wanting more Federal regulation, price controls, socialized medicine, nationalization of the entire drug industry...and those posts remain uncensored. Apparently they aren't considered "political". I smell an agenda.

Thankfully, I see no such heavy-handed tactics here on BoB. But the line that defines what is "political" is seldom well-defined, which makes it difficult to know when you've crossed it. My approach is to avoid personal attacks on other board members, and to vigorously avoid taking political sides. But it doesn't always work, as my experience on that other forum demonstrates.

jocolor
Back to top Go down

Zombie Apocalypse Hits Montana!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: