HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

What's Your Favorite Computer Game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Computer Game?   Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:21 pm

I used to love Microsoft Flight Sim... The last version before X is the last I own. Was actually involved in some of the Freeware Jets that are found all over the internet. Provided many an accurate Unit paint job for F-16's, F-14's, and F-4's.

MS had a European theatre flightsim that was pretty good... I'm sure its been updated.

Way back in the 90's there was a series of 'space fighter' flight sims based upon Star Wars... 'X-wing' sucked, but I absolutely loved 'Tie Fighter'

Panzer General was one of the top ten greatest games ever... I even rate it about the 'Total War' series, it brought table top Strategy Games to the PC in a fun way... Shame noone ever quite caught the essense of Axis & Allies for the PC, although 'Hearts of Iron' does deserve kudos for being the closest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Computer Game?   Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:48 pm

PB, TIE Fighter is an all-time classic. I logged a lot of flight hours in high school, fighting for the Empire.

Actual household dialogue:
"Bye, Mom. Going down to the basement to squash the Rebellion."
"Is your homework done?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Winslow

Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Computer Game?   Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:28 am

I like a game that allows me to smoke my pipe and not move my fingers frantically.
I found it with Silent Hunter 3 and 4,amazing realistic submarine simulations of WW2.
Nice to plot the intercept courses,calculate torpedoe settings,and elude the Destroyers[sometimes].The game gets progressively harder as the Allies improve
their sub-killing tactics.I can waste hours fooling around with these games and get absolutely nothing done around the house. Laughing

Winslow sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Computer Game?   Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:39 am

I play Age of Empires I & II, as well as Risk. I would like to get AoE III but my poor old Dell can't handle it.
Back to top Go down
Stefanos

Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Computer Game?   Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:22 am

The ideal game for a pipe smoker is Civilization IV. It requires thinking, not fast reflexes. And that is our forte.

Caution though: you may sit down to play for an hour and not notice 12 hours have passed.

Stef
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pipemaker

Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Computer Game?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:27 am

Hey Eggman,

Try Combat Flight Simulator. Any of the versions are great, but I prefer the original. There are literally thousands of add ons that you can download and I've built up the original to almost 2 gigs.

There is nothing like flying down on the deck at 300 knots, and watching your six while trying to get a lead on the aircraft you are pursuing.

(Heck, I need something to get my blood pressure up)

Mike B
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://my.execpc.com/~maddog92/Pipes2/pipes.html
Winslow

Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Computer Game?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:21 am

After playing those combat flight sims,I go to bed and lay down and the room is spinning. Mad

Winslow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeRanter

Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Computer Game?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:57 pm

world of warcraft for my PC and Halo series and Oblivion for my Xbox smash bros, and Mario cart for the Wii.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Irene Adler
That Woman

Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Computer Game?   Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:20 am

We don't have our own computer right now, so I haven't been able to play my games in a long time.

But I used to play Myst a lot. I also used to get on a LAN and play Dday Normandy and Counterstrike with some friends. My dad had an old black and white laptop that he gave me back in the early nineties with this really dorky airport control center game (it was a radar and you had to tell the planes what altitude to fly to keep them from crashing. you also had to help planes land and take off)...it was super fun.

WoW is great, I'm just not very good. I used to like the old Warcraft and Starcraft games though. I kicked butt at those.

I love the original games though too. When I was growing up I played Snake a lot. I also used to play a game called SWOOP on my dad's Mac.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/amyjomusic
JJPHOTO

Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Computer Game?   Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:09 am

World of Warcraft as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jasonjohnsonphoto.com
CarlosCruz

Registration date : 2011-12-12

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Computer Game?   Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:34 am

SmokeyTweed wrote:
Fallout 1 & 2 (Great 50's cold war hysteria theme)

Also sim city anything!

I am not sure if you've noticed it but several characters' names from Fallout 2 sound strangely familiar e.g. Ben Wade, Frog Morton,Rattray, Stanwell, Ascorti, Enrico Savinelli, Velani, Ferndown.
You can look up the list here

P.S. Just passing by, tried too confirm on google my findings on pipe smoking- fallout connection and your forum was the only one to show up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Computer Game?   Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:45 am

CarlosCruz wrote:
SmokeyTweed wrote:
Fallout 1 & 2 (Great 50's cold war hysteria theme)

Also sim city anything!

I am not sure if you've noticed it but several characters' names from Fallout 2 sound strangely familiar e.g. Ben Wade, Frog Morton,Rattray, Stanwell, Ascorti, Enrico Savinelli, Velani, Ferndown.
You can look up the list here

P.S. Just passing by, tried too confirm on google my findings on pipe smoking- fallout connection and your forum was the only one to show up.

That's crazy! I never got into Fallout (I was big into the Quake series back in the day) but I will now go back and revisit it. That is a fantastic "coincidence". Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roogles

Registration date : 2011-12-13

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Computer Game?   Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:35 pm

Mac user here (take that as you will...) Very Happy

I played EverQuest for years, and then moved to World of Warcraft (both on the Mac).

Played WoW from Christmas 2004 until this past year... Family time, work, life, etc just got in the way and I couldn't commit to it anymore.

My iPad has become my primary gaming platform now. JetPack Attack, Infinity Blade 2, Zombie Smash, etc. The games are portable, work well on the touch screen, and can be picked up and put down quickly.

Back on the laptop side, I've been playing Uberstrike quite a bit for the holidays. It's a free FPS, which has provided some good family and "guy" fun the past couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://blog.roogles.com
Ossian

Registration date : 2011-06-01

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Computer Game?   Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:34 pm

Age of Empires 3 and Skyrim (which is starting to consume my life... help!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wet Dottle

Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Computer Game?   Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:42 pm

Another thread from the dead...

Lately, I've been playing Battlefield 3 in my daughter's Xbox.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Computer Game?   Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:43 pm

Civilization!! I've had 'em all I-V. Also the whole Myst series.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Computer Game?   Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:06 pm

Wow, zombie thread.

Any of the Bethesda "Fallout" or "Elder Scrolls" games. Final Fantasy XII. Peggle. Did World of Warcrack for a while, got bored.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CarlosCruz

Registration date : 2011-12-12

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Computer Game?   Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:27 pm

Sorry to disturb the long dead thread, just wanted to share my find. At the moment playing fallout 3 new vegas and civilization revolution on my iphone and puffing on Rattray's marlin flake. I haven't found any more pipe references in the rest of fallout saga.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Computer Game?   Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:21 pm

New Vegas was a very expensive and half-conceived expansion. I only keep it because I'm a Fallot devotee. Skyrim is what I reach for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Computer Game?   Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:25 pm

Chessmaster 10th Edition.

Back in the day, it was the 'Commander Keen' series, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, and 'Escape From Monkey Island'...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveHorsfall

Registration date : 2011-11-22

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Computer Game?   Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:29 am

Haven't played a computer game since my sons were at school, and I used to have an occasional go on their Nintendo. I liked race games most. However, I'm talking about the early-to-mid 90s, and games have become vastly more complex and sophisticated since then.
I first played a computer game in 1974, when I was 22 or 23, one of the very first arcade games, 'Tennis', batting an oblong ball back and forth with two oblong paddles. I was so computer-illiterate then (like most people, because the age of personal computers was only just dawning) that I didn't realise that it was computer-generated, and wondered how the hell it worked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/StephenHorsfall/Pipes/
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Computer Game?   Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:24 pm

Pandemic 2. So far, I've been able to wipe out the entire human population as a bacterium except for Madagascar!!! If only there were other ways to reach it besides ship I'd have beaten it by now. Evil or Very Mad

http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/Pandemic-2.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
Boxerbuddy

Registration date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Computer Game?   Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:32 pm

I played WoW from about 2006 until early this year. WoW is such a huge time sink...in order to be good you have to play every day for hours. I was in a good guild and we were progression minded so I had a very strict raid schedule and was always farming for stuff...alot of fun but too much time.
Lately I've been playing CoD MW3. It's alot of fun but the best thing about it is you can just play a couple of games and then stop...which is great for me....you certainly can't just get up and leave your cpu in the middle of a raid encounter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
itsKot

Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Computer Game?   Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:01 pm

i used to be an avid raider and pvp'er on WoW, but I'm happy to say I've kicked the habit. Lately I bought the new Elder Scrolls game, oh my god, Skyrim is a fantastic game! It far surpasses everything I had heard about it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Computer Game?   Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:03 pm

itsKot wrote:
oh my god, Skyrim is a fantastic game! It far surpasses everything I had heard about it!

The glitches and randomness are also very amusing. I fell through the "ground" twice into the "water"... had 3,000 flame atronachs materialize in a cave, crashing the game... Laughing That's what I get for going PS3. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What's Your Favorite Computer Game?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2