HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Romantics!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GuitarMyFriend

Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Romantics!   Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:23 am

I wanna know what you did for your other halves for Valentines Day! Why? I don't know, maybe it's my overbearing romanticism or the fact that my girlfriend and I watched "The Notebook" last night and I'm feeling all lovey-dovey.

What I did took serious planning and a ninja like execution. Her and I weren't going to see each other until late in the evening. And she goes to school with 73 girls most of whom are fresh out of high school. She was dropping hints like, "You know I've never liked Whitman Chocolates. I prefer Russell Stover." and "We should get some flowers for the table centerpiece to Spring this place up a bit". I purchased five heart shaped balloons, a pink fleece blanket, 10 small boxes of Russell Stover chocolates, and one LARGE box of Russell Stover chocolates, two small teddy bears, a picture frame with a decent picture of us in it, and a card DRIPPING with sap. She left her phone at her parents the night before Valentines Day so I said, "Well I'll go check your car to see if it's in there, and take the dog outside." I walked out, let the dog run off, and clumsily transferred all the red/pink/heart-shaped/tasty contents (Not human remains) from trunk to trunk. I dropped it all atleast 10 times and almost lost all five balloons. I laid all the stuff out perfectly, and tied the balloons to the trunk latch. I was nervous about it not looking right so I went out there again at 2 a.m. to check on it all.
She woke up at 5 a.m. all giddy about Valentines day and when she walked into the room to give me a kiss goodbye I said, "I just want you to know that I'm not doing all that Sappy Crap with the flowers and chocolates. I don't believe in it." So looked at the ground than looked at me and said, "Oh... o.k..." and as she was about to walk out the door, I hollered, "Oh and I'm not gonna be able to buy your present until tomorrow!" She once again said, "Oh... o.k...." and slammed the door on her way out. Well after she left I hopped out of bed and brewed a pot of coffee and had a bowl of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe while I watched the tracking for the 12 Long stem Roses in a VERY ornate vase that I had mailed to her school earlier this week. Well I got tied of waiting, and thought of a much better way to let her know of the contents of her trunk than calling/texting her to check it. I called her school and asked the rather dull sounding secretary lady could call for it over the school intercom. I asked her to say in a plain voice, "Michelle O'Neal, Please check the trunk of your car, Michelle O'Neal, Please Check the trunk of your car, Thank you." So she did. She didn't have her phone all day so I didn't get to hear about it until I got home.
Michelle herself, who didn't have a client (Cosmetology school), Stood up, got beet red, and ran to her car while all 73 girls including ones with clients and the clients ran and pressed their faces to the window while she opened her trunk and all the balloons flew out. Once again, she started crying, and just so overwhelmed that she grabbed a friends phone to call me and tell me that she loved me and hated me for tricking her. Than before she walked in, the delivery man set the flowers on the vacant desk because all the girls were against the windows. She walked in with all the contents (There was a note saying, "Share with your friends" on the chocolates). She saw the flowers and dropped it all and started crying and called me again. Not a single girl at the school got anything except for Michelle, and she already told them about the dinner I put on for her a while back, and the flowers I sent to her when she had a bad day at work. So I think I'm in pretty good graces with all the girls and her instructors at the school. I'll see on Thursday when I drive down to surprise her and get my hair cut.

(The card on the flowers said, "FLOWERS?!?! You wanted Flowers?!? We're going to be eating cereal for weeks because of these D*mn Flowers... Ugh... Flowers... Love, Zach")
(The card dripping with sap said, "Baby Doll, you are Gods gift to me and you have no idea how much I love you")

When I got home she had a wonderful dinner prepared, and a few surprises for me of which I cannot discuss anywhere besides the Rubber room that include dirty coupons and I made my own playlist and purchased my own skimpy wardrobe for her last hurrah present that I wish to tell no one about. Don't bother asking. I made her promise not to tell a soul.
It was costly, but it was damn fun, and rewarding if ya know what I mean!!! Laughing
Zach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Romantics!   Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:48 am

I don't buy into the commercial trap of it all chap, my Mrs knows what she means to me through my day-to-day loyalty and love, if this aint enough for a woman then to hell with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuitarMyFriend

PostSubject: Re: Romantics!   Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:16 am

I agree with what you're saying, But it's our first Valentines together, and we're eachothers first actual Valentines!
Zach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Hester
Author of "My Love My Pipe"

Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Romantics!   Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:35 am

GuitarMyFriend wrote:
I agree with what you're saying, But it's our first Valentines together, and we're eachothers first actual Valentines!
Zach

Young man I think you done well, just a bit of caution if you dont mind what you start doing at the begaining of a relationship you must continue doing for the rest of your life. With that being said go small at first and add as she deserves it. Once again well done.
Best Regards
Richard
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://charlesrhesterjr@aol.com.com Online
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Romantics!   Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:35 am

Richard Hester wrote:

Young man I think you done well, just a bit of caution if you dont mind what you start doing at the begaining of a relationship you must continue doing for the rest of your life. With that being said go small at first and add as she deserves it. Once again well done.
Best Regards
Richard

Basically Richard is saying, "You're screwed!"

Good job Zack!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Romantics!   Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:48 am

GuitarMyFriend wrote:
Zach

I think what you did for your good lady is very sweet, just for me mate, I wont do it, nothing wrong with anyone else doing it, I'm really not a romantic sort of guy, I have loyalty up the wazoo, I'll break my back to make my woman happy and I'm a considerate and gentle lover, but romance I don't understand it in all honesty and my Mrs likes it that way, just as well I guess. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Hester
Author of "My Love My Pipe"

Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Romantics!   Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:44 am

Slide wrote:
Richard Hester wrote:

Best Regards
Richard

Basically Richard is saying, "You're screwed!"

Good job Zack!

Now that was funny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://charlesrhesterjr@aol.com.com Online
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Romantics!   Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:07 am

Hey Marty (LIPIPE) - get in here and get this kid in line, would ya?

Tell him how it is and how things work. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Romantics!   Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:14 am

She looks pretty happy, but you live dangerously!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Romantics!   Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:29 am

Used to do stuff like that for my lady now its more simple. She worked and I was off so I cleaned the house , got her some home made body scrub, got a picture, cooked dinner, and did laundry. Less exciting than it was 6 years ago but still meaningfull.

That was a great surprise Zach. I think you'll be an old couple before ya know it and suiting in the porch still in love.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
GuitarMyFriend

PostSubject: Re: Romantics!   Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:24 am

That's my goal Ian. I love seeing her excited so I'm happy to go all out! There's more and more talk about marriage. Even my older sister whom really wants nothing to do with me, told me yesterday, "Me and Michelle have to get together." I looked at her funny. "Well if you're gonna marry the girl, I gotta get to know my future sister in law". That meant a lot from her.
Michelle and I pray about it every night. And sometimes we do specific Bible studies surrounding the topic.
Zach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Romantics!   Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:32 pm

Gonna stand up for the Z-man here.

Some of you old sourpusses might be accurate with your choices in life, but let the kid do his thing with his gal, Hallmark-Holiday(tm) or not. I see so much damned fighting, bullsh*t and tenseness in most of the relationships around me, young and old, those are the people that need to be single, because they're miserable. Zach's doing good by his lady, and they obviously love each other quite a bit. The "old man grumblings" urge you to tell it like it is will always be a universe away from the young'ns--that's the natural way of things, and experience is a better teacher than cane-shaking old coots. Maybe Zach will have one of the rare relationships that holds the love...cursing him with any personal stories or bitterness doesn't make reality any less real, it just makes the naysayers feel more secure in their circumstances.

Zach, forge ahead, brother, love the hell out of that gal, and may she keep loving you back. Hang out together, read the Bible, watch silly movies, eat good food--enjoy life with one another until you can't or aren't willing. I love you If I know there's one more couple out there truly appreciating each other, the world is a better place for it.

Sincerely,

Young Coot Shaking-His-Cane-At-The-Cane-Shakers Weiss Cool

(PS--my story for V-Day: My better half felt terrible about having to go to school all day, not getting anything to celebrate [which I never really cared, but hey, not my thing] so I find a bunch of good stuff brought home to be cooked [ergo, me, the chef's work], a and bag of Lindt chocolate. We eat, talk, then we watch Star Trek for an hour, play Borderlands 2 for a few more hours, and turn in early. All in all, a fun, successful evening! Very Happy )

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Romantics!   Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:12 pm

I must have missed the cane shaking Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Romantics!   Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:08 pm

Dude.

This is exactly the sort of thing that makes the rest of us look bad. You're like the kid who used to destroy the grading curve in Algebra II. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Romantics!   Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:15 pm

idbowman wrote:
Dude.

This is exactly the sort of thing that makes the rest of us look bad. You're like the kid who used to destroy the grading curve in Algebra II. Razz

Yeah GMF, really! You say she goes to school with 73 other young girls? That's 73 boyfriends that didn't get any that night. Hope you feel good about yourself! Razz

Seriously, though, well played.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sand18f

Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Romantics!   Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:38 pm

That's nice kid. Now marry her or shut up. Do keep reading the bible, you'll come to that part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bosun1

Registration date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Romantics!   Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:42 pm

Good job GMF!
Been married 40 years. She bought the chocolate.(g)
Went up to Red Lobster for dinner. Half the county seemed there. I don't stand in line for anything.
Back again today. She got the lobster, etc. Always been an expensive date!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Romantics!   Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:03 am

Zach, regardless of some of the comments you have received, you are doing what the most wise of men would recommend.

Most women have a strong desire to receive attention. If you can make her feel special, you have solved a large part of the riddle. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawker

Registration date : 2012-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Romantics!   Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:59 pm

Well played GMF.
I used to get all caught up in the mushy sappy sentimental hooplaw of Valentines day but like you played my Royal Flush to young in life, now how do you top the things you've done in the past without spending a fortune. It's a good thing i got lucky with my significant other being that she's worth being treated like it's "V" Day every day. Cuddling under a blanket by the fire every evening you get the chance makes every day V day. My wife's not big on wasting money for flowers so i once made her a dozen red cedar arrows from scratch & arranged them in vase like flowers with plants around the farm & had them delivered to the bank she worked at. She's still shooting a few of them 24 years later. For V day this year we went out on Friday (schedule conflicts) for Vietnamese supper & a movie. Django an awesome romantic comedy. I don't need to tell you to treat that girl like gold every day she's a keeper. Sounds like you've figured that out already .
Stay gold. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuitarMyFriend

PostSubject: Re: Romantics!   Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:00 pm

That's awesome!
The flowers were the costliest part. But luckily I was able to get everything else rather cheap. Topping myself is easy. I don't need to spend a fortune to top this year. Just come up with a better plan. She's worth the money anyway. And I'm sure farther into the relationship things like such will settle down, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to do my best to give her the attention and recognition for being my gal. I like surprising her!
Zach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Romantics!   Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:16 pm

We all do what we can, in our own way, some more successfully than others. You done good, kid!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Romantics!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: