HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Free TV and Movies - No Credit Card

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vito

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Free TV and Movies - No Credit Card   Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:21 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
... How do you like Sophos? We run a Sophos spam filter at work, it's a nice piece of software. I like their mail encryption system.
The free Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac is a no-brainer. It auto-updates its malware definitions and stays out of your face with very low CPU usage. It includes an "On-Access Scanning" feature that runs a daemon called Intercheck that can slow your downloads (as you'd expect). So, when I'm downloading a large file from a source I trust, I turn off On-Access Scanning until the download completes, and then scan the file afterward.

But that's a personal preference. In general, the program runs very unobtrusively in the background. It's intuitive and very easy to use. It's amazing that it's a free app; I'd gladly pay for it.

BTW, if you don't already subscribe, I recommend Sophos NakedSecuritya free daily security newsletter that provides valuable info on all the latest security news. Occasionally they write some in depth technical articles, but for the most part the articles are NOT written in geekspeak. They define their terms, and provide clear, easy-to-understand explanations of all the subjects they cover. It's a great way to get your daily booster shot of security awareness, no matter what platform you use.

jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vitotuxedo.com/VitoSpace/Home/=index.html
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Free TV and Movies - No Credit Card   Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:26 pm

What Vito said.

It runs quietly and effectively, and it's so good it's hard to believe it's free.

PostSubject: Re: Free TV and Movies - No Credit Card   Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:36 pm

The problem is, if your Mac system is past code date, you've got to get a whole newer version. In which case, Mackeeper seems to work well for pretty cheap.

(At least if it doesn't, I'm not geeky enough to know it).

What a Face
IGNORANCE MAY NOT BE BLISS
BUT IT'S WORKED WELL SO FAR
Back to top Go down

Free TV and Movies - No Credit Card
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: