HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Liquid Wax?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
deepbass9

Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Liquid Wax?   Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:07 pm

Wonder if this stuff would work for us buffer-less folks: http://usaknifemaker.com/sheath-making-materials-supplies-c-37/fiebing-s-carnauba-creme-4-oz.html Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaltwaterCowboy

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Wax?   Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:10 am

I'll let you in on a little secret, to get a halfway decent shine on my pipes I've been using regular old candle wax and my dremel buffer. It works enough for me, and it's visibly pleasing too. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPUD 15

Registration date : 2011-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Wax?   Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:24 am

Your best bet is if you have a hand drill you can use a 4" soft buffing wheel with carnuba the results will be great. Be sure you are using the bottom of the wheel rotating away from you. left hand use drill running counterclockwise, right hand use drill running clockwise. Right hand and left hand use is the hand that you will be holding the pipe with. You can get harder wheels to apply white rouge. Hope this helps. MIKE
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Liquid Wax?
Page 1 of 1