HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PipeDragon

Registration date : 2012-10-31

PostSubject: A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces   Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:33 pm

After deciding to walk away from my accounting Homework to take a breather (me and the online program it is on are having an ahem...disagreement over a problem).

I then decided to take a few pics of my Spirit pipes collection to date and share. (They are all estates and have taken a few years to come across) Very Happy

The first two pics are of all of them together and the rest are close ups of their faces.

Last edited by PipeDragon on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces   Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:37 pm

some pretty amazing pipes there, prior to you sharing I had no idea those type existed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces   Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:41 pm

There is some fantastic depth and realism in those carvings! Who is the carver PipeDragon?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces   Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:44 pm

Those are SOOOO MUCH BETTER that many of the usual "figural" style briars you see! Are they ALL done by the same carver?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeDragon

PostSubject: Re: A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces   Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:18 pm

Thanks brothers and two answer both questions below (sorry about not including the info earlier)..

monbla256 wrote:
Those are SOOOO MUCH BETTER that many of the usual "figural" style briars you see! Are they ALL done by the same carver?

Dutch wrote:
There is some fantastic depth and realism in those carvings! Who is the carver PipeDragon?

They are all from the same carver who is Roy Roger Webb. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces   Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:24 pm

Being estates I must ask, Any GHOSTING? HAR! Get it, Spirit Pipes ghosting Ha, well err ummm never mind.. (sulks off)

PipeDragon

PostSubject: Re: A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces   Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:28 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Being estates I must ask, Any GHOSTING? HAR! Get it, Spirit Pipes ghosting Ha, well err ummm never mind.. (sulks off)

LOL...no Ghosting but when you smoke them, the smoke coming out of them looks like Spirits rising from the embers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harbinger

Registration date : 2012-12-30

PostSubject: Re: A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces   Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:00 pm

Really nice collection there, thanks for sharing!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces   Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:04 pm

That is a great collection!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces   Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:43 pm

Fantastic set!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces   Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:16 pm

Wonderful collection of figurals. Hopefully they all smoke great!

Very Happy

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Clay

Registration date : 2012-12-13

PostSubject: Re: A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces   Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:34 am

Fatman wrote:
some pretty amazing pipes there, prior to you sharing I had no idea those type existed.
Me either! Wow that is really really cool! At first glance I didn't notice the faces. Thanks for posting these picts. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces   Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:59 am

PipeDragon wrote:
Thanks brothers and two answer both questions below (sorry about not including the info earlier)..

monbla256 wrote:

Dutch wrote:

They are all from the same carver who is Roy Roger Webb. Smile

Where are these pipes available PipeDragon? Does he have his own website, or sell thru a retailer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Re: A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces   Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:51 am

Amazing, they remind me of the trees (I can't remember what they were called) in the Hobbit series and I'm sure they are a spiritual smoke. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
daveinlax

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces   Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:27 am

Outstanding collection. I've never owned one but I'm a big fan of his work. I saw one on ebay last week that did mention Webb's name, I was going to email the seller the carvers name but never got to it. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces   Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:34 pm

Neat collection. Gives a purpose to a freehand, that's for sure.

I like the dude with the impish smirk. He's loaded with stories, I'm sure.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces   Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:02 pm

Now that's a neat collection!
There's a chapter on Webb in a sort cheesy book called The Pipe Companion, and aside from the pictures that accompany the article, I'd never seen any other work by him.
Cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flytyer

Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces   Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:37 pm

Thats a cool collection, Its the first time I ever heard of spirit pipes. About how old are they?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeDragon

PostSubject: Re: A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces   Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:50 pm

Hmmm... For some reason Im getting sporadic Topic Reply notifications?

Modern technology lol

Thanks everyone

And...

flytyer wrote:
Thats a cool collection, Its the first time I ever heard of spirit pipes. About how old are they?

Two are dated 84, One 85, Two 86 and One 92 (the yungin of the bunch) Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lifeon2

Registration date : 2013-01-29

PostSubject: Re: A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces   Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:23 am

Those are amazing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silence2477

Registration date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces   Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:42 am

That's a very cool collection. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.theheroesofwwii.com
Kashmir

Registration date : 2012-11-21

PostSubject: Re: A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces   Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Yeah, I really like that collection. Good going man! Smoke em in good health.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.eboehm.com/
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces   Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:34 am

Very nice, a collection to be proud of indeed. ):
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeDragon

PostSubject: Re: A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces   Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:53 pm

Ok... I have some very good news for those who may be interested. Very Happy

I have been in contact with the carver of the pipes you see and Roger is carving his Spirit Pipes again! Very Happy

Along with talking to him about a few things, I also asked him if it would be alright to post about it on here and to give his email to anyone who may be interested in contacting him about a pipe. (He said yes)

With that said, if you would like his email, please PM me and I will send it to you

Take care

Back to top Go down
View user profile

A Circle Of Spirits And Their Many Faces
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1