My pipes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
"sam"

Registration date : 2012-09-07

My pipes Empty
PostSubject: My pipes   My pipes EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:06 pm

My pipes Img_0510

First time trying to post a picture...may or may not work, and the iphone camera isn't quite a leica. I purchased new the stanwell, pete and sav. The rest of the bunch were my dad's and grandpa's pipes.
Back to top Go down
Blue Max

Blue Max

Registration date : 2010-05-10

My pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: My pipes   My pipes EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:54 pm

I like that multi-pipe rest. Not really a pipe stand so to say. It's a clever idea too.

I did notice the pipes first though and that's a nice collection you have.
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

My pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: My pipes   My pipes EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:55 pm

Cool!
I like the Charatans.
What's the second pipe in the stand ( the smooth one with the plateaux rim)?
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

My pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: My pipes   My pipes EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 11:41 am

Nice set of pipes. I to like the Charatans, especially what looks like a Belvedere Apple Razz And it's nice to see a brother who does not have Pipe OCD and has pipes with un-polished stems and charred rims Razz A SMOKER Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
"sam"

My pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: My pipes   My pipes EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:51 pm

Thank you for the kind words,
Harlock, that pipe you asked about is a Willmer straight grain AAA standard, and I believe it dates from the 60s or 70s, not sure though.
Monbla, thank you for incidentally introducing me to Royal Yacht and Georges Simenon. Also, I have a question about that Charatan you commented on...I'm trying to determine if it is "TRUE" Charatan or one manufactured after the Lane era...I don't see a Lane stamp on it, but have also read that isn't always definitive. It was allegedly purchased by my dad at a pipe shop in the US in the late 70s. I believe that should mark it as one produced before the factory/company changed hands...it reads: "Charatan's Make London England Perfection, and "2122DC" on the other side. It has the CP marking on the bit as well as the reg number "203573." I could care less about the value/collectibility except in terms of its quality, so to speak.
Thanks again and any help by you or anyone else would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

My pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: My pipes   My pipes EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 3:05 pm

"sam" wrote:
Thank you for the kind words,
Harlock, that pipe you asked about is a Willmer straight grain AAA standard, and I believe it dates from the 60s or 70s, not sure though.
Monbla, thank you for incidentally introducing me to Royal Yacht and Georges Simenon. Also, I have a question about that Charatan you commented on...I'm trying to determine if it is "TRUE" Charatan or one manufactured after the Lane era...I don't see a Lane stamp on it, but have also read that isn't always definitive. It was allegedly purchased by my dad at a pipe shop in the US in the late 70s. I believe that should mark it as one produced before the factory/company changed hands...it reads: "Charatan's Make London England Perfection, and "2122DC" on the other side. It has the CP marking on the bit as well as the reg number "203573." I could care less about the value/collectibility except in terms of its quality, so to speak.
Thanks again and any help by you or anyone else would be greatly appreciated.
If it has a Reg. number on it it probably pre-dates Lane. Also, lane did not sell or distribute Caharatans in Europe when they were the US distributor so it also could be one of those. I have a couple of "Reg. No." Charatan's which I bought back in the early 70's which did not have a "Lane" symbol on them. The pipe world was quite a "mishmash" back then and not as orderly as we all think it was. What series is your Apple BTW ? As far as Charatan's go, many folks claim" ... they were miss-drilled Golf Clubs" Twisted Evil Don't know about that, just that they have been some of the BEST pipes I own ! I've around 20 of 'em Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
"sam"

My pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: My pipes   My pipes EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 3:32 pm

The Apple is stamped "Perfection." It may have been from when Dunhill owned the company? I have a couple more with the Lane stamp, but I think the Apple is a truly handsome pipe. I'm going to send it and a few others out for cleaning..my dad and his dad were a bit lax with pipe maintenance. The Willmer is probably my best smoker, but the Apple is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Kashmir

Kashmir

Registration date : 2012-11-21

My pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: My pipes   My pipes EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 12:40 pm

That's a real sweet collection. I like the blasted Comoy bent. Neat!
Back to top Go down
http://www.eboehm.com/

My pipes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: