HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

puffin incognito

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kashmir

Registration date : 2012-11-21

PostSubject: puffin incognito   Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:01 pm

I live in a world of non-smokers - my wife, kids, neighbors, friends, colleagues... The only place I can puff unabashedly without complaint is when alone sitting on the porch, doing yard work or in my vehicle. My man-cave in the garage /workshop is damp & freezing these days.

But I've learned to smoke around others without notice. Once the bowl is well lit in the garage, I maintain an even smoulder with nary a wisp. I can charge through my errands, pipe clenched, conversing & being the father figure.

And when the need arises to prevent extinguishing the pipe, I'll draw on it ever so lightly and be rewarded with intense tobacco flavor. The resultant smoke can easily be missed in a room, even one with the windows shut. Given a decent sized room.
And so in this manner a group 3 bowl of Pirate Kake can take a good hour and a half to go thru. Most people think I have a clenched unlit pipe. But, truth be told, it is lit and performing very nicely, thank you.

I had a grandfather that did that in the 60s. People said they didn't think his pipe was lit. But I'd catch him walking past an open window, taking a deep draw, before he went back to inaudible sipping.

Anyways - anyone else ever do this? Puff a pipe so lightly and slowly that others around you think you're not smoking a pipe?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.eboehm.com/
smg913

Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: puffin incognito   Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:10 pm

I know i do, to me its the best way to enjoy a pipe. sometimes it takes me an hour to finish a med size pipe. and i have also noticed that if i smoke my pipe this way, i can get away with smoking it in the house.....sometimes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wet Dottle

Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: puffin incognito   Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:13 pm

I can't do it: if I have a pipe in my mouth, I have to puff and see smoke around my head. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: puffin incognito   Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:01 pm

Safe to say folks know I'm smoking. I usually sip balkens but mainly I smoke english, lat and perq blends and a bit of a puffer. I smoke in my house and wife has no complaints. If folks are over at the house that do not like it, they know where to find the door at their own discretion. I will turn on the ceiling fan to break it up so everyone is not sitting in a fog of my own magnificence. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://geoffcorey.github.io
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: puffin incognito   Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:11 pm

What you describe is how I was taught to smoke by the "old-timers" when I was learning to smoke. i still mostly "sip" smoke and find it the most flavorfull way to smoke! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kashmir

PostSubject: Re: puffin incognito   Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:25 pm

Thanks for your replies gents. The way I see it, is keepin the wife & kids happy means a slower better smoke for me. Although of course your mileage will vary.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: puffin incognito   Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:13 pm

Translates poorly when I choose the odd cigar to smoke, instead. I get crap for having to re-light a stogie. Laughing Twisted Evil

...but with a pipe, I get told I smoke dramatically and slow.

Still tastes okay. *shrug* Not sure what they're doin', but I think we're alright, us slowpokes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kashmir

PostSubject: Re: puffin incognito   Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:58 pm

Yep. In pipe smoking, the tortoise beats the hare every time.
Back to top Go down

puffin incognito
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1