HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

This is how it was done in the old days

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bub

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: This is how it was done in the old days   Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:53 pm

Lots of jobs, lots of people and very tedious work
http://www.wimp.com/theanimation/

Perhaps this will be the new way
http://www.wimp.com/glasstechnologies/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: This is how it was done in the old days   Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:23 pm

Old way, WAAAAY to expensive, tooo much labor, not enough profit! Twisted Evil New stuff, BIG profit, MUCH better Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joemelon

Registration date : 2012-09-28

PostSubject: Re: This is how it was done in the old days   Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:04 am

There's something special about watching old animation, some kind of warmth or something. Still, I can't complain about what's being put out now and what will be in the future. Something stunning about how realistic, seamless, engrossing and encompassing things are getting. May not be as tedious as hand drawing each scene but it's still a lot of work.

As far as the second video, I don't think glass has ever been so exciting. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beetlejazz

Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: This is how it was done in the old days   Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:26 am

That's fascinating! I've understood that in Miyazaki's movies a good deal of the animation is still done in the traditional way. He does use some digital enhancements, but not much.

Not that I was in any way against doing it digitally, as long as it remains 2d. Because less work hours -> less expensive -> possibility to do really interesting, experimental stuff that will never make a lot of money. I watch quite a bit of Japanese anime (yikes! Embarassed My shameful secret) and have seen some really interesting stuff that was fully digitally made, still 2d, and would probably never gotten made if it required as much money as traditional animation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

This is how it was done in the old days
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1