HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

And now, for something completely different.......

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: And now, for something completely different.......   Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:12 pm

The Larch.......

No, actually it's SNOW!

Mad

Getting dumped on big time right now. NOAA says 2-4" but this looks like double that. Already have 2" and it just started a half hr ago.

And it's the worst kind - wet/heavy snow. Hope I don't lose power!

We've had a very mild winter here in W. Washington so far. Only had minor snow back in Dec at my elevation, and that was gone fast. And the Cascades have just received several ft between yesterday and now.

Lots of you in the NE and the Midwest have been pummelled by storms this winter. Looks like Spring isn't here yet.

No

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: And now, for something completely different.......   Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:15 pm

Just when I thought the snow was over in Missouri - we get more tonight and another chance on Sunday. Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: And now, for something completely different.......   Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:23 pm

Be thankfull your'e getting MOISTURE! The're starting to talk of more drought down here this coming summer! Hot n dry again Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: And now, for something completely different.......   Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:35 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Be thankfull your'e getting MOISTURE!
Thats what she said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: And now, for something completely different.......   Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:48 pm

puros_bran wrote:
monbla256 wrote:
Be thankfull your'e getting MOISTURE!
Thats what she said.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: And now, for something completely different.......   Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:23 am

Just got up for work, and it looks to be about 9" accumulation. Gonna walk out to the main road in the subdivision to see if they plowed it. If not I might wait until they do since there's a very long steep hill involved.

No Cheers,

RR

Mad
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: And now, for something completely different.......   Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:50 am

You must sit in the Puget Sound convergence zone. Family in Arlington and Silverdale (Bremerton). They got a bit of snow, but not like you did.

alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: And now, for something completely different.......   Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:24 pm

My outdoor attire in NC today: a sport coat, but then again that was standard dress throughout the winter. One day of sleet and very slippery roads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: And now, for something completely different.......   Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:54 pm

70 partly sunny and humid. Ahhhhhhh refreshing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: And now, for something completely different.......   Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:09 pm

Have you guys seen those hail stones they've been having in China,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-21876696

WOW, talk about scary!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: And now, for something completely different.......   Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:16 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
You must sit in the Puget Sound convergence zone. Family in Arlington and Silverdale (Bremerton). They got a bit of snow, but not like you did.

I'm actually in the Cascade foothills just off I-90 around exit 32. So that's 32 miles east of Seattle. I'm also at about 1000' elevation.

The convergence zone is a bit more west and north of me, but yes the weather patterns here can play hell when they are of the mind. Some areas can get hit hard and others not so much while being only 25 miles as the crow flies. I used to live across the Sound and we'd get snowed in while downtown Seattle got only rain!

As an example, just across the valley at about the same elevation as me one of the other brewery partners got a scant 1". And when I finally got down to the valley floor there was jack squat.

Getting out this AM was a bit of adventure. There was 9" in my cul-de-sac and the several blocks to the main road in the subdivision. Once I walked out to the main road I saw it hadn't been plowed, but there were tire tracks I could follow once I got there.

Getting to the main road was the tricky bit as I was trailblazing. Fortunately I have an AWD Ford Escape, plus I grew up driving in Wisconsin. Once I had momentum going out of the cul-de-sac I just slipped back into the mindset of blizzard driving and I was OK. But it did raise my blood pressure a bit!

And now the sun is out and it's melting. Yet they still haven't plowed anything but the main road, and I don't expect that they will.

But.......I didn't lose power so I got that going for me!

bom

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down

And now, for something completely different.......
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1