HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

new pipe rack and ashtray

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kale1984

Registration date : 2013-01-07

PostSubject: new pipe rack and ashtray   Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:57 pm

hey here's some pictures of the pipe rack i just finished. The top board is birds eye maple and the bottom some exotic purple heart. with a railroad spike that i machined a thread on and bead blasted then returned the natural finish to. I made a pair, one for myself and the other for my wife's cousin.

As for the ashtray, I've been looking for months for something i liked. Then one day my wife and I were walking through winners and I came across a egg cup/bowl made from olive wood and I loved it. with a little bit of time, tools and sand paper, I was able to modify the egg cup portion to fit my brigham as a nice pipe rest.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: new pipe rack and ashtray   Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:09 pm

Nice looking work!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: new pipe rack and ashtray   Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:35 pm

I have always hesitated to throw away wine or whiskey corks, and now I understand why!

The railroad spike is genius as well! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kale1984

Registration date : 2013-01-07

PostSubject: Re: new pipe rack and ashtray   Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:11 am

thanks guys. it was my first attempt at making a rack at all. i'm pretty happy with it. as for the railroad spikes I've used those for a couple projects already so it just seemed a natural choice for me to use. I've made a couple tampers for espresso machines, and i made some bottle openers out of the spikes as well as some 2 piece crib boards (birds ye maple/purple heart as well) as a gift for my groomsmen at my wedding in september.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

new pipe rack and ashtray
Page 1 of 1