HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

new pipe rack and ashtray

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kale1984

kale1984

Registration date : 2013-01-07

new pipe rack and ashtray Empty
PostSubject: new pipe rack and ashtray   new pipe rack and ashtray EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 9:57 pm

hey here's some pictures of the pipe rack i just finished. The top board is birds eye maple and the bottom some exotic purple heart. with a railroad spike that i machined a thread on and bead blasted then returned the natural finish to. I made a pair, one for myself and the other for my wife's cousin.

new pipe rack and ashtray 20130210
new pipe rack and ashtray 20130211
new pipe rack and ashtray 20130212
new pipe rack and ashtray 20130213

As for the ashtray, I've been looking for months for something i liked. Then one day my wife and I were walking through winners and I came across a egg cup/bowl made from olive wood and I loved it. with a little bit of time, tools and sand paper, I was able to modify the egg cup portion to fit my brigham as a nice pipe rest.

new pipe rack and ashtray Ashtra10
new pipe rack and ashtray Ashtra11
Back to top Go down
Fatman

Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: new pipe rack and ashtray   new pipe rack and ashtray EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 10:09 pm

Nice looking work!
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: new pipe rack and ashtray   new pipe rack and ashtray EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 10:35 pm

I have always hesitated to throw away wine or whiskey corks, and now I understand why!

The railroad spike is genius as well! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
kale1984

kale1984

Registration date : 2013-01-07

PostSubject: Re: new pipe rack and ashtray   new pipe rack and ashtray EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 11:11 pm

thanks guys. it was my first attempt at making a rack at all. i'm pretty happy with it. as for the railroad spikes I've used those for a couple projects already so it just seemed a natural choice for me to use. I've made a couple tampers for espresso machines, and i made some bottle openers out of the spikes as well as some 2 piece crib boards (birds ye maple/purple heart as well) as a gift for my groomsmen at my wedding in september.
Back to top Go down

new pipe rack and ashtray
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: