HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Where do you go to smoke?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:16 pm

i.keenum wrote:
So my son determines where I smoke, after bed where.ever I want . When he is awake outside only . How do you guys feel about your kids seeing you smoke.

My girls see me smoke my pipe. I've talked to them about the risk.

With their allergies I limit their exposure.

I like all of my smoking spots and happily smoke outside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:40 pm

i.keenum wrote:
So my son determines where I smoke, after bed where.ever I want . When he is awake outside only . How do you guys feel about your kids seeing you smoke.

I smoke in the kitchen, right in front of a window fan that does a great job of sucking the smoke out of the room. I don't mind my son seeing me smoke. I'd rather be in the open about it, as opposed to hiding out and making it look like an abnormal activity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:12 am

Today, yer kids witness you smoking;
tomorrow they get thrown out of school for
chewing a pop-tart into the shape of a pipe.
lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SkagitSmoke

Registration date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:27 am

I don't smoke in my home and don't really have any desire to. Shelter is key here in the PacNW. I have an awesome covered back deck that it like an outdoor room. I especially like having a pipe when I'm hiking, camping, fishing, etc. To me there's no better place to enjoy a pipe than at a high alpine lake on a clear night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
koolickle

Registration date : 2013-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:25 am

i.keenum wrote:

I have turned half my garage into an outside chillin' area. I have a few chairs, swing, rug, side table, lamp, and a smart TV. I really enjoy smoking out there when the temp is desirable. I also smoke at a couple B&Ms, my truck, and designated smoking areas at work.

When it comes to smoking in front of my boys (2 & 5), my biggest concern is the actual exposure to the smoke. If they are outside with me, I make sure we are in a well ventilated area. The first thing I teach them is that the pipe or cigar is HOT. As I am typing this, my two year old is pointing at the BoB logo above and saying, "Hot!". Smile To each there own. I don't hide it, and I'll teach them to respect it and understand it. They will not partake of it in my presence until they are the proper legal age. That's just me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
beetlejazz

Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:30 am

koolickle wrote:
As I am typing this, my two year old is pointing at the BoB logo above and saying, "Hot!".

Can I just say this is super cute?! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
koolickle

Registration date : 2013-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:09 pm

beetlejazz wrote:
koolickle wrote:
As I am typing this, my two year old is pointing at the BoB logo above and saying, "Hot!".

Can I just say this is super cute?! Very Happy

Of course you can! Very Happy Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JPatrick

Registration date : 2013-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:10 pm

I smoke in my home and outside on the deck when it's nice out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:14 pm

We live in a small, old (100 as of last year) row house that, years ago, someone decided to cut a garage into. The first floor isn't really living space, its more of a basement (utilities, storage, washer/dryer, etc.) but there is an ersatz garage that is not quite long enough to fit my car. It is just wide enough to fit my car, if I fold the mirrors. Long ago I built a a plywood workbench on one side and a shelving across the length of the other. I have an abandoned leather chair, an FM radio and a strong wifi signal. If the weather's nice, I'll sit out on the deck, but I like my little fortress of solitude.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cigar2you

Registration date : 2010-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:44 pm

So I couldn't rotate it on my phone...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trifecta13

Registration date : 2013-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:37 pm

i.keenum wrote:
I too keep my smoking from the little man. He's almost 3 and while I don't go sneaking around or hiding it from him, I just assume he stay reasonably oblivious. When the weather's warm I go out on the deck unless he's bopping around. When I'm in the garage with the space heater, he couldn't be less interested in where I've run off to anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:11 am

Him seeing me smoke isn't too much of a worry, just try not to make him directly inhale by being in the same room. I do worry about him going to day care and telling the teachers daddy smokes a pipe that could cause issues. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:12 am

That's an interesting point you raise. I have been thinking about it quite a bit lately myself. My boy just turned one. When the weather is nicer, I'll smoke out on the deck while he bops around and keeps me company. I never smoke indoors with him around though. I'm concerned about how I'm am going to address the topic of why he shouldn't smoke when I walk around smoking to my hearts content. I wholeheartedly realize that it is hypocritical, but I would prefer that he never want to smoke anything cigarettes, cigars or pipes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:56 am

Once "They" succeed at turning you against yourselves like that, Shocked
(in C.S. Lewis' phrase) you're "Men without chests." Twisted Evil

Sad

What a Face
Back to top Go down
williamcharles

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:40 pm

I used to have to go out to smoke. I frost bit three toes on my right foot one year (13 years ago) while working outside. The next year...same problem. Every winter it got harder to protect my toes. After three incidents of frostbite SWMBO now allows me to smoke a pipe inside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:21 pm

Wait all I need to do is get frost bite? lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
PeterD

Registration date : 2012-06-04

PostSubject: where do you go to smoke?   Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:41 pm

...fortunately I smoke where I like...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:52 pm

PeterD wrote:
...fortunately I smoke where I like...

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
BurgundyRed

Registration date : 2013-01-29

PostSubject: Where do you go to smoke?   Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:54 pm

When the weather is good we have a screened attached porch with porch swing and rattan furniture. The patio table is great for all the accessories you need to have. But these last few weeks with the temperature around 30-35 F, I seek out the shelter of the local Smoking Lounge/Tobacconist. About a mile from the house he has nice club chairs, two TV's for watching sports and the usual handful of cigar and pipe smokers. I do have at least one cigar purchased from him a week so when I come with my pipe he's okay with it. Our local pipe club meets once a month there in the evening. Turn out is strong. Most smoke aromatic tobacco so I'm not sure how welcomed I am with my British blends. But we talk pipes and its alright.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tobimaru

Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:54 pm

At home I smoke inside occasionally, but I always cycle the ventilation fan when I'm done or I click on a room fan to break up the haze of smoke. If it's nice out I try to smoke outside.

If I'm at work I have to smoke outside, or go a few blocks over to my boss' house and smoke there. I prefer to go to my boss' house since he has covered outdoor seating, a garage with sports cars and engines and engine parts everywhere, etc. If I smoke outside at work I just have to hope it's not raining , or not too windy. The only approved smoking area outside our building is wind swept and uncovered.

Very seldom do I smoke in my car. All my vehicles are manual and I'm just not able to drive safely with any distractions. If I do smoke in my car it's because I'm parked and the engine is off and that's about it.

My favorite place to smoke is...err....will be....my new home I'm moving into on the 8th! Technically the home is older than I am (built in the 70's), but it's new to me! haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/AW11ERIC
serif365

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:46 pm

I smoke on my back porch. (that's a period) The deck is covered and I have a nice teak rocking chair and side table. I have fairly large back yard but it's still an "urban view".

My grandchildren see me smoke a pipe occasionally but they think it is a very "old thing" since I'm the only person they ever see with a pipe. It's getting rare in my neck of the woods to see anyone smoke tobacco. Austin's motto is "Keep Austin Weird" so I think it's more common to see someone smoking Mother Nature than someone smoking a fine tobacco.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Where do you go to smoke?   Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:10 pm

When at home I smoke out on the screened porch, overlooking a wooded area of my property. My little bit of heaven. Even when it is 32 degrees it is still great...a special feel to it...like being in the great outdoors...with my trusty hound by my side (Pepe).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deyo67

Registration date : 2013-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:42 pm

I smoke in the house, in the car, and anywhere else I can.
The only time I do not smoke is when my Grandsons are over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BMeadows

Registration date : 2013-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:47 pm

Any place that allows it. Come to think of it, some places that don't! If you see me without a pipe in my gob and smoking is allowed, I'm probably asleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psmith

Registration date : 2013-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Tue May 07, 2013 11:34 am

At this moment I am smoking where I always do. I am on the rooftop of my 16 floor apartment building on the Northeast coast of Korea. To the left of me is a bay surrounded by forests and a golf course and in front of me is the wide open sea. Its a great spot! When I get to the rooftop I climb a short spiral staircase that brings me to the highest point possible. Its a kind of crowsnest on top of the building. In that perch I sit crosslegged, fire up my pipe and, if it is in the evening I watch the lights on the sea. In the day I can watch white surf rolling in. If I turn around I can gaze at Seorak mountain, Korea's second highest peak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Where do you go to smoke?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next