HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Where do you go to smoke?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Tue May 07, 2013 1:48 pm

The SW corner of my property got kinda overgrowed with fir and pine trees, and this spring I got ambitious and decided to clean it up. While I was at it, I decided it would make a great outdoor smoker's/man cave. It's shady, secluded from the street, the neighbor has a gurgly outdoor goldfish pond on the other side ofthe fence, and there was already some slate and stone that made a nice little table. So if you're looking for me, I'll be out back with my pipe, a cold one and my portable radio. My missus thinks this is how the North Pond Hermit got started. You may have read about that fella in the paper.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Tue May 07, 2013 3:39 pm

neighbor has a gurgly outdoor goldfish pond on the other side ofthe fence

Kevin, sound great! Can I stop by? The pond will cover up my cheap, gurgly pipe.
Back to top Go down
Tim_McD

Registration date : 2012-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Tue May 07, 2013 7:27 pm

I cannot smoke in the house, even in the unfinished section of the basement, so I am outdoors. The winter was long and this spring has been cold, but there has been a dry spell that has allowed me to enjoy the patio with my pipe, watching the fire
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Tue May 07, 2013 7:42 pm

You would be more than welcome, JKenP. I used to have a flowering plum tree that I'd pruned over the years into a perfect outdoor smoking/reading room. But the !@&X!Y Nor'easters made a mess of it, and I eventually gave up and cut it down. The new hideout is coming along nicely. The diameter is about 20' with an 8' "ceiling. It has a couple of outdoor chairs, shelving made from cinder blocks and lumber scraps, and it's close enough to the house that I could run an extension cord out there which would accommodate a better radio. I can't get too elaborate or the missus will take notice and volunteer that special woman's touch Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Wed May 08, 2013 6:17 am

Thanks, Kevin. If it wasn't for the long commute...

Reading through here from my bachelor digs with pipe signals booming, it looks like man caves are out -- backyard bunkers are in. Twisted Evil

Why aren't quality of life issues bidirectional anymore?
Back to top Go down
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Where do you go to smoke?   Wed May 08, 2013 7:00 am

Tim_McD wrote:
I cannot smoke in the house, even in the unfinished section of the basement, so I am outdoors. The winter was long and this spring has been cold, but there has been a dry spell that has allowed me to enjoy the patio with my pipe, watching the fire

That's a nice set up. I've been contemplating something similar for my back yard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Where do you go to smoke?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3