HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Bulleit Rye 95

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

Bulleit Rye 95 Empty
PostSubject: Bulleit Rye 95   Bulleit Rye 95 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 5:32 pm

First sips as I write this. Saw it on sale at Trader Joes for less than $20 so I felt it was a sign, gotta try it.

95% rye, 5% barley, distilled by a contract distillery in Indiana for Bulleit (Who is now nothing more than another purchased brand under the Diageo umbrella), reported to have between 4 and 7 years age on it before bottling.

It's damned unusual. Has herbal gin-like notes under a heavy citrus presence, a bit of peppery heat, dry and very clean on the nose and palate. Sipped in a Glancairn glass with a couple of drops of water (90 proof). This is one of the better rye's I've ever had Smile

Carlos
Admin
Carlos

Registration date : 2007-12-10

Bulleit Rye 95 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulleit Rye 95   Bulleit Rye 95 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 10:03 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
First sips as I write this. Saw it on sale at Trader Joes for less than $20 so I felt it was a sign, gotta try it.

95% rye, 5% barley, distilled by a contract distillery in Indiana for Bulleit (Who is now nothing more than another purchased brand under the Diageo umbrella), reported to have between 4 and 7 years age on it before bottling.

It's damned unusual. Has herbal gin-like notes under a heavy citrus presence, a bit of peppery heat, dry and very clean on the nose and palate. Sipped in a Glancairn glass with a couple of drops of water (90 proof). This is one of the better rye's I've ever had Smile

Oh yeah, baby! sunny Just before Christmas I have been picking up a bottle that catches my eye at the local discount liquor store. Having had Bulleit Bourbon, I saw this Rye sitting next to it and had to try it. Mighty fine. Citrus, honey, and spice. The faintest bit of oak. I drink it on the rocks. Sacrilege, I know. Cool But I like it that way.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim_Haggerty

Tim_Haggerty

Registration date : 2010-06-11

Bulleit Rye 95 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulleit Rye 95   Bulleit Rye 95 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 1:41 am

Grabbed a bottle of this last week by mistake, luckily; it was misfiled on the bourbon shelf in my local State Store. It's quite nice, and now I'm interested in Ryes, so it was a happy error.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Bulleit Rye 95
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: The Kitchen & The Speakeasy-
Jump to: