HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Opening Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Opening Day   Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:16 pm

So glad baseball is back. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:46 pm

I love baseball too Kyle.

Life long Yankee fan, but after living in the burgh for 14 years, I follow the Pirates religously. Nothing like that Pirate optimism that gets crushed every year. The pitching did not improve at all. I don't see Burnett being as string as last year, MacDonald is a head case, Rodriguez was not impressive and you never know what you are going to get from the rest in the rotation.

With all that being said, I am still in hockey mode. Pens pulled off 15 in a row today without Crosby, Kunitz, Letang and Martin. The Stanley Cup or bust!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:09 pm

Cool cheers

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Fight'n Hampsters

Registration date : 2011-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:08 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:

!!!!YES!!!!!

I am looking forward to the first game of the season on Sunday with my boys the Rangers and a bowl of Embarcadero (which I have never tried before).
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:05 pm

Hampsters - I'm sure you'll enjoy having the Astros to beat up all year now...they've been the only bright spot on the Cubs schedule for years. It's gonna be a long summer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:43 pm

Quote :
Embarcadero (which I have never tried before).

Pack it right in a clean pipe, take it slow, and it'll be the first day of the rest of your life Cool

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Aristokles

Registration date : 2010-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:31 am

Kyle Weiss wrote:

I wish, really wish, that I could appreciate your sentiments, But I live in PITTSBURGH, rumored to be the home of a major league club.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:52 pm

I tell ya what. The Pirates have an interesting thing going on this year, and I'll be watching them closely.

Yankees? Rangers? Who are they again? Sleep sunny tongue

I'll stick with my Giants, as I always have, win or lose. Which is why I respect the hell out of a Cubbies fan: now THAT'S dedication! cheers

Crossing all league/regional lines here, the Mariners, Royals, Reds, Pirates, A's, Orioles, and Tigers are all ones I'm keeping a close eye on. Hell, even the Rays. The Rockies and the D-Bags are always a sneaky threat. The Nats are going to do well anyway, and I'm disappointed in the Dodgers simply throwing money at their team. You can't buy cohesiveness--and I like good opposition, now or down the road.

May it be a fun season for all!

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:48 pm

Home opener.

Burnett 6 IP, / K K K K K K K K K K.

The Pirates fall to the Cubs, 3-1.

Why does this seem like it's an omen scratch

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Slartibartfast

Registration date : 2011-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:50 pm

Bee-ee-yootiful!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:11 am

Kyle Weiss wrote:

Crossing all league/regional lines here, the Mariners, Royals, Reds, Pirates, A's, Orioles, and Tigers are all ones I'm keeping a close eye on. Hell, even the Rays. The Rockies and the D-Bags are always a sneaky threat. The Nats are going to do well anyway, and I'm disappointed in the Dodgers simply throwing money at their team. You can't buy cohesiveness--and I like good opposition, now or down the road.

Don't lose sight of the Blue Jays. I suspect the AL East is going to look quite unlike anything we've been accustomed to in recent years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:11 pm

Yep, the Jays look good too, even if Cabrera is there. Laughing I hope he cleans up himself, he's a good ballplayer. Though the damning headlines are dooming the Giants not having him. They did okay without him, and they thrive on naysayers.

Gonna be a fun 2013.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:13 pm

Yak wrote:
Home opener.

Burnett 6 IP, / K K K K K K K K K K.

The Pirates fall to the Cubs, 3-1.

Why does this seem like it's an omen scratch

What a Face

I caught pieces of this, but as we know, baseball is a marathon, not so much a race. The Pirates have spunk! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:16 pm

I was listening to some local sports talk before the Indians/Jays game last night (alas, a Cubs fan in Cleveland), and the hosts/callers were all fired up because a win that night (they lost, incidentally) would have led to the first time the Tribe started a season with 3 consecutive wins since '98. Being the predictable sports fan that I am, I start giving my friend (a rabid Indians' fan) all sorts of guff that it's been 15 years since his team managed to start 3-0. I should have thought to pull out a sports almanac beforehand...apparently the Cubs haven't done it since '95.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:18 pm

idbowman wrote:
I was listening to some local sports talk before the Indians/Jays game last night (alas, a Cubs fan in Cleveland), and the hosts/callers were all fired up because a win that night (they lost, incidentally) would have led to the first time the Tribe started a season with 3 consecutive wins since '98. Being the predictable sports fan that I am, I start giving my friend (a rabid Indians' fan) all sorts of guff that it's been 15 years since his team managed to start 3-0. I should have thought to pull out a sports almanac beforehand...apparently the Cubs haven't done it since '95.

I only caught the highlights of that game, there's so much going on now that regular season is upon us, but I'll just say, the Indians losing always makes me happy... Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:21 pm

Also, not sure if any of you use it, but the At Bat app for mobile devices is really keen. I splurged and got the $20 version and boy, it's a great thing to have in my pocket. Has radio streams, too, which I highly prefer. When I'm out of Reno radio signal range for work, I can still keep up! Grab my electronic leash, a pipe, find a chair, and boom, cozy town.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Opening Day
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1