HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawker

Registration date : 2012-05-15

PostSubject: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:02 am

I've been a big fan of Tadeusz Polinski's pipes and never see any pic's of them on the BOB so i thought i'd start a thread on them. For anyone who doesn't know of this work he's an amazing pipemaker from Poland who's attention to fit & finish is flawless. To date i only have 4 of his pieces but they all smoke like dream.
First is a Pick Axe

My Polish Poker (Pun intended)

Polinski Cone Oom Paul

And a Rock Oom Paul

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:18 am

Some mighty fine looking briar!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob the coldblooded

Registration date : 2013-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:06 pm

Does he have a site? Awesome looking pipes you've got there!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.advancedwildlife.com/
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:40 pm

I like that bottom Oom Paul.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawker

PostSubject: Does he have a site.   Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:53 pm

Jacob the coldblooded wrote:
Does he have a site? Awesome looking pipes you've got there!
Thanks.
He's got a website polinskipipes.com but the English link is limited.
I've picked up all mine thru ebay from Roman Sobczak "House of Pipe" from Warsaw Poland and he's been great to deal with. I don't know how he does it but most of my pipes have arrived in 9 days for only $10.00 shipping. Which is quite unusual for shipping to Canada as most parcel's seem to get held up at customs for a week or two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawker

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:55 pm

Harlock999 wrote:
I like that bottom Oom Paul.

Me too, it's the pipe that got me hooked on Oom Pauls/full bent pipes. Nice for working in the shop with being able to keep your hands free.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob the coldblooded

Registration date : 2013-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:06 pm

Just found him on ebay, i love his stuff! Awesome pricing too.. i'll be buying a few of those pretty soon Very Happy! Thanks for the lead on some nice pipes
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.advancedwildlife.com/
Hawker

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:30 pm

Jacob the coldblooded wrote:
Just found him on ebay, i love his stuff! Awesome pricing too.. i'll be buying a few of those pretty soon Very Happy! Thanks for the lead on some nice pipes

Prices have been down the last couple of weeks and i noticed this week that he doesn't have many unfiltered pipes.I have 2 of each and they all smoke great. Good luck & glad i could help a Brother, hopefuly the ones i don't win will go to good homes here at BOB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:27 pm

On the filtered pipes, have you smoked them without filters?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawker

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:54 pm

Slide wrote:
On the filtered pipes, have you smoked them without filters?

No i haven't, did find that i prefer them with with the 9mm Savinelli Balsa filters rather than the ones they came with thou. But that's what i'm used to in all my filtered pipes. I'm sure the draw would be fine without a filter as long as you packed your pipe accordingly. They seem to list more filtered pipes for a while then go back to non filtered. Maybe being as they are from Europe the non filtered one's usually seem to be a bit cheaper.

Also noticed that the stems on the non filtered pipes seem to be of better quality than the filtered ones i have. The tendon on one of the filtered pipes is very thin.

Last edited by Hawker on Fri May 03, 2013 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clay

Registration date : 2012-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:57 pm

That Pick Axe is a real beauty!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipedJimmy

Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:06 pm

Absolutely beautiful pipes! Nice to see something other than the normal shapes being produced too. I guess they're great smokers?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pipe'n Prof

Registration date : 2013-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:12 pm

Polinski's are becoming my new favorite pipes. My first was the bent poker, which I am smoking in my avatar. I posted a picture of it below. I bid on another this week and am keeping my fingers crossed. They are hefty, solid pipes crafted with great attention to detail. Mine smokes cool and dry. Of all my pipes, it is by far my favorite to smoke. Right now they can be had for $50-$80 on ebay -- a steal in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pipe'n Prof

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:26 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Wed May 01, 2013 12:48 am

Nice pipes. How does that Nescafe smoke?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Hawker

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Wed May 01, 2013 3:31 am

gravel wrote:
Nice pipes. How does that Nescafe smoke?

Harsh. Lots of dottle lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawker

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Wed May 01, 2013 3:40 am

PipedJimmy wrote:
Absolutely beautiful pipes! Nice to see something other than the normal shapes being produced too. I guess they're great smokers?

They all smoke great. The only other pipe in my collection that comes close is my favorite, an old Pete XL02s.
About his shapes, he's always switching it up which keeps me wanting more. There have been 4-5 others i'd like to get but have been out of my price range. Maybe someday. Should be another in the mail this week, will post pic's when it arrives.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawker

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Fri May 03, 2013 8:23 am

Just recieved this blasted cone Oom Paul yesterday and breaking it in with some Frog Across The Pond. Really enjoying this blend and looking forward to trying the rest of the Frog series.
Of the five Polinski's i have so far this is the first one with any cosmetic issue's. There is a very slight gap on the bottom where the shank & stem meet and the 9mm tendon is quite thin on this one compared to the other two but for $72.00 delivered i can't complain. The stem quality on the non filtered pipes seems to be a bit better. The drilling on this one is spot on as with all the others.

Really like the way these cone pipes hang, very comfortable when working hands free with alot less weight than the Rock Oom Paul model.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pipe'n Prof

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Wed May 08, 2013 6:44 pm

Very nice pipe, Hawker. I'm noticing that the price is climbing up each week on these guys. Just saw a similar one go for $180+. Looks like the cat's out of the bag Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawker

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Thu May 09, 2013 10:43 am

Pipe'n Prof wrote:
Very nice pipe, Hawker. I'm noticing that the price is climbing up each week on these guys. Just saw a similar one go for $180+. Looks like the cat's out of the bag Sad

If i'd payed that for a pipe with gap in the shank i would be very dissapointed. I think when a pipe gets up to around the $200 dollar mark it should be flawless or it's hard to justify not just spending less on a well built Sav or Pete.

So far i've been very pleased with what i have recieved for my money spent & will have to be patient by the looks of the way some of the bidding is going to win more. I've noticed that alot of the same identical pipes from weeks & months past are going to the same buyer. Must be re-selling them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawker

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Fri May 24, 2013 10:08 am

Bought this Polinski Massive Bent Rock on May 15th and it arrived yesterday. cheers

I was surprised with the size of this pipe upon arrival, it's Length = 5.51", Bowl Height = 2.16", Bowl Chamber = 0.86"
and is quite a bit bigger than my Pete XL02. I've taken a picture with it along side my Tinsky XMas & a Boswell Fishing pipe for comparison. Even with the size of this pipe it's still a clencher with the way it rests on my chin size & weight isn't a problem. The 9mm tennon is a little thicker on this pipe (which i prefer) than on my Cone and the drilling fit & finish is perfect. Put a bowl of Burlington's Sunday Afternoon Pipe thru it last night & it smoked like a dream.

With the size & comfort of this pipe (and the other two) i think i'm going to put a slight bit more bend in my Boswell Fishing/Shooting pipe to simulate the way it fits like the others
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pipe'n Prof

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Fri May 24, 2013 10:33 am

That's a beauty, Hawk. I was watching that one myself. Just love the proportions of these Polinskis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawker

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Fri May 24, 2013 1:43 pm

Pipe'n Prof wrote:
That's a beauty, Hawk. I was watching that one myself. Just love the proportions of these Polinskis.

This isn't the one that was up for bids, it went out of my price range($180.00) so i contacted him thru ebay and he had another and accepted my offer. cheers

Last edited by Hawker on Fri May 24, 2013 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pipe'n Prof

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Fri May 24, 2013 1:52 pm

Oh wow. Great idea! That shape has been going around the $150 range -- as I'm sure you know. Beautiful pipe, Hawker. Enjoy it in health.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pipe'n Prof

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:16 pm

Thought I'd post some pictures of my new Polinski, although pics just aren't going to do it justice. First of all, the size of this pipe is something to behold. Hawker stated the same thing about his latest Polinski. I posted a pic of it next to my Peterson 80s. It could literally fit 2 or 3 of those pipes in it. The rustification is gorgeous, the stem tight fitting, there are no fills, and it passes a pipe cleaner easily -- a nice wide saddle bit, too (my favorite). I spoke in an earlier post about the proportions of these pipes. They really are balanced and aesthetically pleasing -- a very masculine aesthetic. BTW, it took 9 days to arrive!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next