Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawker

Hawker

Registration date : 2012-05-15

Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 12:49 am

Nice pipe P&Prof, I agree when he lists a pipe as massive their friggin Huge. Even with the size of some of these pipes it's surprising how comfortable they still are to hold or clench. How do you like the FM On the Bayou, just wondering how it compares to the Across The Pond. About the shipping i haven't had one go over 10 days yet and most are delivered in 9 days. Will post a pic of my new Moretti when it arrives, still waiting & it's been over 5 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Hawker

Hawker

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 8:26 am

By the way Pipe'n Prof i was just wondering if you have tried any of the Briar pipes that Roman has been putting on his site made by B&B. I tried one of this makers cheap pear wood pipes about 6 months ago & was quite dispointed with the quality of the pipe & materials. Band was made out of tin and was poorly fitted. I see that this maker is making pipes out of briar that look to be of better quality than what he has built before that he has been listing for around 50 bucks. I wonder if this is a new apprentice ? I have one of Ryzard Fillar's pipes that was very well built and smokes great but i prefer the shapes & style of the Polinski's and would still like to get one of his autograph pipes.
Back to top Go down
Pipe'n Prof

Pipe'n Prof

Registration date : 2013-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 11:33 am

Hawker wrote:
How do you like the FM On the Bayou, just wondering how it compares to the Across The Pond.

The tin that you see in the picture is just regular old Frog Morton. I haven't yet tried FM On the Bayou. I'm a big fan of the standard Frog Morton, though. It grew on me. At first I didn't like the stickiness of it (strange to me for a latakia blend). It seemed like there was definitely some casing on it. But the more I smoked, the more I began to appreciate it's mild yet interesting flavors. There's a touch of sweetness to it that isn't there in something like, say, PS Balkan Supreme, Squadron Leader, or Dunhill Nightcap.

Post some picks of your Moretti when it comes. Five weeks seems like a long time. Is that standard for them?
Back to top Go down
Pipe'n Prof

Pipe'n Prof

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 11:40 am

Hawker wrote:
By the way Pipe'n Prof i was just wondering if you have tried any of the Briar pipes that Roman has been putting on his site made by B&B. I tried one of this makers cheap pear wood pipes about 6 months ago & was quite dispointed with the quality of the pipe & materials. Band was made out of tin and was poorly fitted. I see that this maker is making pipes out of briar that look to be of better quality than what he has built before that he has been listing for around 50 bucks. I wonder if this is a new apprentice ? I have one of Ryzard Fillar's pipes that was very well built and smokes great but i prefer the shapes & style of the Polinski's and would still like to get one of his autograph pipes.

I have seen the B&Bs and Fillars, but haven't tried any. Like you, I really like the shapes and styles of the Polinskis. The quality of them is just icing on the cake for me, although now I've heard of two manufacturing flaws from fellow pipers. The first being the poor stem fit you experienced, the other being a significantly off-center draft hole I read about in another forum. I've experienced non of these issues, though.
Back to top Go down
Hawker

Hawker

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:35 am

Pipe'n Prof wrote:
Hawker wrote:

Post some picks of your Moretti when it comes. Five weeks seems like a long time. Is that standard for them?

I bought the pipe May 3rd but i told Marco to hold off a week sending it as i was bidding on another but never won it. I'm sure it's just held up at customs. If it doesn't arrive today i'll send him an email to see if he has a tracking number.
Back to top Go down
Hawker

Hawker

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:55 am

Pipe'n Prof wrote:

I have seen the B&Bs and Fillars, but haven't tried any. Like you, I really like the shapes and styles of the Polinskis. The quality of them is just icing on the cake for me, although now I've heard of two manufacturing flaws from fellow pipers. The first being the poor stem fit you experienced, the other being a significantly off-center draft hole I read about in another forum. I've experienced non of these issues, though.

Hawker wrote:  I seen the video on you tube about the guy that was choked about his pipe arriving with an off set draft hole. The one thing he didn't mention which would of been the first thing to do was contact Roman to see if a replacement could of been made or money refunded if he wasn't happy with it. I'm sure Roman would of made the situation right had he gone that route. He seems like a stand up guy to deal with. With mine the one cone that has a very slight gap in it is nothing compared to another brand i have that i paid 4 times as much for and has 4 times the gap. Both pipes smoke great so i'll just keep on puffin. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gravel

gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:45 pm

Polenskis?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 1:10 pm

Gravel wrote:
Polenskis?
As Fred said to Ginger:

You like to-may-toes and I like to-mah-toes
Polenskis <> Polinskis
Lets call the whole thing off.

Sometimes spell check is a friend other times it is a trap.  Lets not even think about auto complete.
Back to top Go down
gravel

gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 7:30 pm

Sure. So then...

Polinskis?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 9:09 am

gravel wrote:
Sure. So then...

Polinskis?

The Polinski cognoscenti stand mum
on the subject...Cool
Back to top Go down
Hawker

Hawker

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 11:11 am

Pipe'n Prof wrote:
Thought I'd post some pictures of my new Polinski, although pics just aren't going to do it justice. First of all, the size of this pipe is something to behold. Hawker stated the same thing about his latest Polinski. I posted a pic of it next to my Peterson 80s. It could literally fit 2 or 3 of those pipes in it. The rustification is gorgeous, the stem tight fitting, there are no fills, and it passes a pipe cleaner easily -- a nice wide saddle bit, too (my favorite). I spoke in an earlier post about the proportions of these pipes. They really are balanced and aesthetically pleasing -- a very masculine aesthetic. BTW, it took 9 days to arrive!

Hawker wrote: Wow Pipe'n Prof, I just checked may ebay watch list and realized this is the pipe i missed the final bidding on. You got a great deal, Congrats.

Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 Img_0111Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 Img_0112
Back to top Go down
Pipe'n Prof

Pipe'n Prof

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:16 am

Hawker wrote:
Pipe'n Prof wrote:
Thought I'd post some pictures of my new Polinski, although pics just aren't going to do it justice. First of all, the size of this pipe is something to behold. Hawker stated the same thing about his latest Polinski. I posted a pic of it next to my Peterson 80s. It could literally fit 2 or 3 of those pipes in it. The rustification is gorgeous, the stem tight fitting, there are no fills, and it passes a pipe cleaner easily -- a nice wide saddle bit, too (my favorite). I spoke in an earlier post about the proportions of these pipes. They really are balanced and aesthetically pleasing -- a very masculine aesthetic. BTW, it took 9 days to arrive!

Hawker wrote: Wow Pipe'n Prof, I just checked may ebay watch list and realized this is the pipe i missed the final bidding on. You got a great deal, Congrats.

Thanks, Hawker. I hate seeing that I outbid a brother, but I couldn't be happier with the pipe. I was really surprised I got it for that price, too. I have smoked it three times and it hasn't disappointed. I promised myself no more pipes for the next month, so you won't have competition from me for a while Wink

Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 Img_0111Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 Img_0112
Back to top Go down
Pipe'n Prof

Pipe'n Prof

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:18 am

gravel wrote:
Sure. So then...

Polinskis?

That's my understanding, Gravel. 
Back to top Go down
Pipe'n Prof

Pipe'n Prof

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 9:11 pm

So, I did something new today: I purchased a pipe identical to one I already own in a different color. I've been so impressed by my last Polinski purchase that I couldn't resist. Sometimes you just find a shape that feels perfect for you. I think I'm going to dedicate this one exclusively to VAs while my other will remain a latakia pipe. Here's the pics from ebay. Usually takes 10 days to arrive from Poland. Can't wait.
Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 T2ec1610
Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 Kgrhqr10
Back to top Go down
Hawker

Hawker

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 11:12 pm

Congrats on a nice pipe. I had this one in my watch list but didn't have the funds to pull the trigger. Glad it went to a brother. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
pepesdad1

pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 10:45 am

Beautiful pipes. (sigh.)
Back to top Go down
Pipe'n Prof

Pipe'n Prof

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 5:33 pm

Hey Pepes,

Their value, which I attribute entirely to low name recognition, is one of their most appealing qualities. You can typically purchase one for less than most mass produced, cookie-cutter Savinellis or Stanwells with no drop in quality -- and they are often 50% larger than those pipes. I saw two sell below $50 this week.

And no, I have no affiliation -- just love their value, aesthetic, and quality. cheers 
Back to top Go down
pepesdad1

pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 5:37 pm

Thanks for the tip Pipe' n prof. They are truly beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Fr_Tom

Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 6:06 pm

The XL Classic Autograph appeals to me except for the filter. Does he have a series of shapes and then put them on ebay as they are finished? I see there are others w/ and w/o the filters. Maybe I need to start watching the Polinskis?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
desertpiper

desertpiper

Registration date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 6:20 pm

I just won my first polinski! Have to wait for delivery, but the stock photos look great!
Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 Polins10
Back to top Go down
Pipe'n Prof

Pipe'n Prof

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 8:12 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
The XL Classic Autograph appeals to me except for the filter. Does he have a series of shapes and then put them on ebay as they are finished? I see there are others w/ and w/o the filters. Maybe I need to start watching the Polinskis?

I can't discern a pattern. He will often produce a series of shapes for several months and suddenly replace them with something new. Some have filters, others do not. All of mine to this point have not had filters. My latest addition does. We'll see if I like it as much.
Back to top Go down
Hawker

Hawker

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:58 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
With what i have seen in the past he makes available different shapes and styles for a while then maybe it's like an artist viewpoint were perhaps he just get's bored and moves onto something new and challenging just to mix and spice things up a bit. It's what has kept me wanting more as i keep checking his site regularly to see what is new and available. There has been a few in the past that i have not won one was a flat panel Corona that was half rusticated and the rest had an amazing birds eye pattern and the other was an partcial plateu autograph with both a 9mm & non filter stem with a tamper in a presentation box that i still keep checking 8 months later to see something similar. The flat panel went for $70.00 and the autograph went for around $250.00. As pipe funds have been drained as of late it's been a blessing i haven't seen them. I am sure if there was something specific a person wanted all it would take is to contact Roman and make a reasonable offer and he would make it happen if you didn't want wait for certain shapes and styles to come available again.
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 1:00 pm

Really like the pickaxe sorta one, NICE!
https://servimg.com/view/17604841/99
Back to top Go down
http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Hawker

Hawker

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis   Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 1:27 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
Really like the pickaxe sorta one, NICE!
https://servimg.com/view/17604841/99

It's one of my fravorites.
Back to top Go down
Tnagel89

Registration date : 2013-07-29

PostSubject: My first Polinski Just arrived.   Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 3:11 pm

Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 My_fir11https://i.servimg.com/u/f37/18/44/80/98/my_fir11.jpg

The first of my two Polinskis just arrived today! I took a gamble bidding on and winning this pipe, but how can you pass up a pipe like this that sells for $60? I had my first smoke this morning with a blend called "ambrosia" from a local Colorado tobacconist, Edward.

I should first describe how pleasant this was just to hold in my hands. I love the feel of the rock type finish, and especially love the finish of the grain. This being my very first new pipe, I was nervous about all the hype that surrounds "breaking in a new pipe." So, out of caution, I smoked about half of a bowl. I was amazed at how cool and dry this pipe smoked! Whereas all of my other estate pipes tend to get gurgly and piping hot (pun intended), the Polinski was cool, dry, smooth! And worth mentioning, this bowl is massive. It took me nearly an hour to smoke half of the bowl, and never needing a re-light.

Polinski is a master pipe craftsman, and I'm anxious for my next one to arrive. He is also a heck of a seller to communicate with. After this purchase, I immediately emailed him describing to him my dream pipe, along with my budget. He immediately contacted me back, listed this beautiful poker of my dreams, and sold it to me for my price of $90.

Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis - Page 2 Polins10

The name Polinski is sure to become renown.
Back to top Go down

Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next