HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

RIP Barclay Rex Lexington!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bentbulldog

Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: RIP Barclay Rex Lexington!!   Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:08 pm

I don't know if they have locations outside of NYC, but Barclay Rex is BIG tobacconist franchise here. I found out today that my go to location on Lexington and 51st has closed. They lost their lease and will not be opening at another location, I HOPE it's not because of a low demand for tobacco products.

Aside from being a big store and having a smoking lounge, the always had an ample supply of bulk Esoterica blends in mason jars. I went there hoping to replenish my now depleted Stonehaven and now feel a deep sadness as this is near impossible to get now.

At the rate NYC is going, there will be no more tobacconists and smokers will be limited to smoking in their dreams.

Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: RIP Barclay Rex Lexington!!   Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:55 pm

I heard that a few weeks ago, hate to see those legends close-up shop. You folks need to run that mayor out town, fast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: RIP Barclay Rex Lexington!!   Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:38 pm

Sad. That's where I bought my first briar. (Cue up the soft-focus flashback and "Dust in the Wind.")

Is the one across from GCT on 42nd still open? That one wasn't as nice, but having two so close together might not be sustainable at Midtown rents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
bentbulldog

Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: RIP Barclay Rex Lexington!!   Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:33 am

The B Rex on 42 is still open, though as you said, not nearly as nice. The Broad st shop is really nice, I may have to start going there, I just rarely have a need to go to the wall st area. They're also the shop that complained about my pipe smoking and not buying anything. Hard to be friends with that kind of mentality.
De La Concha hasn't changed though you must be a frequent member to smoke in the lounge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

RIP Barclay Rex Lexington!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1