HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Vaping...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Vaping...    Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:55 pm

Given I have no vape device, I'm S.O.L. for trying things out over here in Reno-land.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Vaping...    Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:58 pm

They don't have the disposables in the gas stations there? That is where I picked mine up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Vaping...    Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:23 pm

My current device is an Itaste MVP. . . www.mountainoakvapors.com. Their juices are very interesting...

www.epipemods.com might be of interest to you though if you MUST have something that looks like a pipe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Vaping...    Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:28 pm

Of the disposable variety I'd say blu has the market cornered.... But you'd save a boat load of money purchasing an ego kit (preferably with clearomizers) and a bottle of juice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Vaping...    Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:26 pm

I'll toss in for Blu. As a guy who only occasionally Vapes as a curiosity more than anything, I'd say the brand is totally fine. It's pretty satisfying to walk into a building and keep on puffin'. Very Happy

BTW, including vaporizers in legislation about tobacco is absurd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Vaping...    Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:09 pm

The liquid in Blu is Johnson Creek.. if anyone is curious. Pretty expensive even in the 'Artisan' (gawd I hate that word) market but it is quality.

My problem is they don't last long enough for the cost. I'm cheap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Vaping...    Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:48 pm

Stopped by MOV again today... I bought a Vivi Nova for the itaste mvp. I have one at home but don't anticipate being there anytime soon.

I also picked up.

Cool Ice. Not listed anywhere but it makes me think of York Peppermint party.

Happy Farmer. A mentholated watermelon jolly rancher.

Blueberry Pancakes. OMG good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Vaping...    Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:08 pm

I'm considering a vaping pipe and would appreciate advice  from the brothers.

Ever since we got married and my wife moved in with me, she seems to have a silly cold. That's been going on for more than a year now.

I smoke in my office, a bedroom which was converted to do my job in.  I'm going to have an extractor fan fitted for smoking during the day when my wife is at her office, away from home.  I don't smoke a lot and I'm not going to stand and smoke outside like a kid.....I'm almost 70 years old.

I would like to use the vaping pipe in the evenings while we are watching TV together. I also think (hope) this will be a good substitute for the real thing when we visit a restaurant or friends and family who don't smoke.

But, before I "invest" any money in such a device, I would like to hear form people who are using it already, don't want another gadget just lying around!

I thank you, my brothers and friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Vaping...    Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:31 am

I vaped for about a year and it got me off the cigarettes pretty much instantly. I would endorse ecigs as a smoking cessation tool.

However, I did find myself increasingly breathless and this stopped when I stopped vaping. YMMV, but in my own mind I am convinced PG and VG impact lung function.

I also think eliquids that use tobacco extracts cannot help but include carcinogenic tobacco specific nitrosamines (TSNAs), and swapping out cigarettes for vaping that sort of eliquid is really just changing deck chairs on the Titanic.

Seriously, if you are pipe smoking and you can't go a few days, let alone a few hours, without tobacco, then you might need to rethink your game plan. I apologise if that sounds preachy, but I honestly think moderation and control are important objectives. If vaping is taken on as a way of avoiding stopping being an addict, then it is just a form of enabling behaviour.

As always what you do is your entirely your own choice. Just be aware that it needs to be an actual choice, not a compulsion.
Back to top Go down
SpeedyPete

PostSubject: Re: Vaping...    Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:34 pm

JCB wrote:
I vaped for about a year and it got me off the cigarettes pretty much instantly. I would endorse ecigs as a smoking cessation tool.

However, I did find myself increasingly breathless and this stopped when I stopped vaping. YMMV, but in my own mind I am convinced PG and VG impact lung function.

I also think eliquids that use tobacco extracts cannot help but include carcinogenic tobacco specific nitrosamines (TSNAs), and swapping out cigarettes for vaping that sort of eliquid is really just changing deck chairs on the Titanic.

Seriously, if you are pipe smoking and you can't go a few days, let alone a few hours, without tobacco, then you might need to rethink your game plan. I apologise if that sounds preachy, but I honestly think moderation and control are important objectives. If vaping is taken on as a way of avoiding stopping being an addict, then it is just a form of enabling behaviour.

As always what you do is your entirely your own choice. Just be aware that it needs to be an actual choice, not a compulsion.

I thank you, my bro'

I don't think it's a case of not smoking for 2 to 3 hours. I just love to relax with my wife and smoking a pipe during that time is part of the fun, for me. I'm not keen on watching TV but my wife loves to unwind after a busy day at the office by watching some of her soaps. I want to be with her as we spend most of our time away form each other during the day. But, I can't just sit and watch TV, I get soooooo bored! That is the only reason I'n considering the vaping pipe. I've bought a discardable e cigarette and I like the idea, taste and nic hit. But I would like it as a pipe because I've quit smoking cigarettes long ago already. I don't want to fall in that habit again. I don't inhale the vapour, just love the taste of tobacco in my mouth and through my nose. I will think about this some more but I'm almost convinced that I will buy the pipe AND enjoy it as an in between.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Vaping...    Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:47 pm

Number of folks I know who were cigarette smokers before used the vape tool as a method to quit cigs.  That said...they did quit cigs but were now hampered by a hacking cough and a feeling of congestion in their lungs.  They quit the vaping and the symptoms disappeared.  

This is 5 people with the same results...make your own mind up as to the value of the PG and any other possibly harmful ingredients in the vape liquid versus your health.  Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

PostSubject: Re: Vaping...    Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:28 pm

The e-cig I'm using is equal to about 30 cigarettes, I believe. I will "smoke" it untill the "packet is empty", then make up my mind.

There is a saying: "If in doubt, don't". I am in doubt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Vaping...    Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:15 pm

I can assure you that if it states it's equal to 30 cigarettes it is lying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

PostSubject: Re: Vaping...    Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:05 am

puros_bran wrote:
I can assure you that if it states it's equal to 30 cigarettes it is lying.

That's what I've been told. I have no experience of this and took the sellers word for it. It does not state on the packaging or the e-cig it self that it's the case. I've only used it a couple of times and not in the way one should smoke a cigarette. I only take a couple of puffs at a time.

At R50.00 (US$4.75) it's quite expensive even if it should be equal to 30 cigarettes and I'm not going to buy another one.

Maybe this is not for me?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

PostSubject: Re: Vaping...    Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:14 am

I've bought a Twisp vaping instrument with liquid made in South Africa to use in it. I've only done this after speaking to a couple of guys who've used it for some time.

Now, I don't want to stop smoking. I've got lots of willpower and I WANT to smoke  Twisted Evil 

I only use the Twisp while I'm sitting with my wife, watching TV or while we're reading. Although she loves the smell of my pipe, I'm sure it's no good for her. She's been suffering from a runny nose ever since we got married last year and she moved in with me. My smoking might be the cause.

I also use it when I go to town, eat at a restaurant, visit people who don't smoke and while I'm driving. I also "smoke" it in bed while I'm reading or checking out fb on my laptop. It's nice to "smoke" in bed while my wife is sleeping peacefully next to me!

I've checked out the ingredients used in the liquid and it seems to be pure, natural products. I do not cough or sneeze while using it.

So, I'm happy with my purchase and I'm enjoying my new pipe!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Vaping...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: