HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing   Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:28 pm

With the loss of a few cherished friends in the piping field, I have tried to stretch my horizons.

Here is a partial list of my enjoyments as I approch 65 y.o:

1] Blue Grass Music - on Sirius Bluegrass Junction music, just so comforting and beautiful

2] Fantasy Hockey Commissioner - satisfies my competitive spirit Laughing

3] Whisky - I have a wonderful collection

4] Gardening - One thing I enjoy with wifie

5] Tobacco - I won't be buying anymore pipes but am filling in vacancies in my cellar as need arises

6] Politicals - Just casually...

7] Religion - Just Casually...

8] Baseball - Little, sense the the corruption of the Red Sox

9] Weather - prefer warmer but not hot

10] Bugging the ole farts What a Face and PeeBee

cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing   Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:40 pm

Alcohol, tobacco and firearms. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

PostSubject: Re: Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing   Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:40 pm

There are others like:

Bugging PD Laughing

What would be in your top 10 list as you get older?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

PostSubject: Re: Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing   Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:41 pm

And Hermit Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing   Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:01 pm

10) I love you cheers

What a Face
Back to top Go down
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing   Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:08 pm

Pushing Kyle's buttons ! He's SOOOO easy cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing   Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:16 pm

Books/Eastern theology, meditation, women, cats, poetry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bentbulldog

Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing   Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:52 pm

- I LOVE playing golf, though I can rarely afford the time or funds to play even with municipal courses. Tennis as well but can never find a partner.
- New age electronica music (enigma, liquid mind, etc...) and movie soundtracks. Listening to my music, while smoking my pipe.
- Reading, YouTubing, and watching lectures on Ancient History, Religion, Philosophy, Psychology, while smoking my pipe.
- I'm trying to get away from it but, I love MMORPG's, FPS, and RTS computer games. geek
- Playing with my daughter and watching her grow cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing   Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:00 pm

- Golfing (If you can call it that)

- Reading

- Collecting watches

- Refinishing furniture

- Driving my wife nutz What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing   Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:37 pm

* Work...I picked the wrong industry for being a workaholic.

* Cooking...I'm a hellcat bringin' the heat. No longer a pro, I do it for fun. Much better.

* Music...primarily synthesizers.

* Writing...yeah, that.

* Wannabe artist...when inspiration strikes! :lazy:

* Electrical engineering/repair...primarily synthesizers.

* Baseball...go Jints!

* Reading...you know, whatever. Books, if I'm lucky.

* BoB...giving pink sticks to PeeB I love you, agreeing and arguing with my buddy Yak, trading middle fingers with Rob, 5) 'ing at P'Diddy, and many more...bombing, engaging in tobacco/pipe subterfuge and espionage, chasing The Shadow...pouring through the endles PM'ed Laughing 's when I often show Monbla a picture of the south end of a northbound horse and trying to explain (in vain) it isn't a mirror. Good times. Good times.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing   Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:01 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
* BoB...giving pink sticks to PeeB I love you, agreeing and arguing with my buddy Yak, trading middle fingers with Rob, 5) 'ing at P'Diddy, and many more...bombing, engaging in tobacco/pipe subterfuge and espionage, chasing The Shadow...pouring through the endles PM'ed Laughing 's when I often show Monbla a picture of the south end of a northbound horse and trying to explain (in vain) it isn't a mirror. Good times. Good times.

Up yours, Kyle!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckshot

Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing   Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:05 pm

Reading
Listening to music
Amateur radio
Watching hockey and baseball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing   Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:50 pm

Yeah! Up yours, Kyle!

I used to hunt and fish a lot. Had a nice collection of rods and guns. The combination of been-there-done-that and a serious lack of time and money to do it the way I like to (raising kids, round 2, takes up all my time and money) led me to give it up. Done the Baja trips for big pelagic fish, been bowhunting for elk. Shoot, I spent almost every available weekend doing it for years, and plenty of the weekdays too.

Now I like to play golf, though like the fishing, I find it hard to put together the time and money. Hope to spend much of my retirement being a regular on some simple little course somewhere.

I love good single malt, especially Islay whisky.

I like cycling and plan to do a lot more of it.

My other interests are watches, nice clothes, English leather shoes, cooking. I love good literature but am pretty selective, and of the opinion that the best authors are no longer with us. I tend to re-read the same books time after time.

puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing   Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:46 am

I've been hyper focused on absolutely nothing lately.

It's actually quite nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawker

Registration date : 2012-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing   Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:15 am

Q Time w/family, friends & pets.
Traditional Archery.
Leatherwork.
Knife building, forging damascus & stock removal.
Reading.
Riding. Bikes & horses.
Hunting, shooting, quading & fly fishing when time allows.
BOB & pipin go hand in hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
radio807

Registration date : 2012-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing   Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:10 am

Amateur radio (W2BVM)
Reading
Motorcycling
Target shooting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing   Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:03 am

Right now, I'm into:

Photography
Re-reading all my old Michael Moorcock books
Psychedelic rock and jazz
Playing the Stylophone!
Ron Asheton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gospelman

Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing   Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:32 am

I love to play my guitar and mandolin. Still trying to pick up some bluegrass licks, but it's quite difficult. Also really enjoy riding my motorcycle and playing golf.

I would also like to get into traveling more. We just got back from a trip to Germany to visit my daughter, who is doing an internship to round out here college career. First time overseas and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Mike
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wet Dottle

Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing   Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:08 pm

I collect wine and custom (and some production) pocket knives.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ossian

Registration date : 2011-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing   Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:32 pm

Brewing beer, cooking and learning outdoors survival! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boulder&Briar

Registration date : 2012-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing   Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:12 pm

These days I don't get to do even a fourth of what I used to do and still love so much. I work alot and do daddy daycare with my three children, and if I'm lucky I get to do a little pipe making. My hobbies used to include:
Fishing (especially tournements), hunting pheasant and deer, camping, gardening, hiking, bicycling, motorcross, motorhead (i have owned 5 Mustangs and the last one i invested alot of money into and then it was stolen from me and parted out to be sold on ebay and i lost over $13000.00 and many hours of blood sweat and tears, i still miss her :(music (been playing guitar since I was 9), machining and fabricating/engineering, Stone carving (started when I was 16 and still do when someone inquires), pipe smoking (still have time for that and love to try new blends and pipes), pipe making ( still do that as well and hope I will be able to produce at least 30 pipes this year and continue to grow Boulder and Briar handmade pipes). Some of these hobbies I'll never get to do again, but many I will be able to share with my children and enjoy teaching them all of the skills and trades I've learned.
Oh, also wine making. I've done two seasons both with concord grapes fresh off the press, and was taugh by my best friends 80 year old grandpa that had been doing it for over 40 years. Pretty cool when your very first yield is complimented and enjoyed by your mentor and peers. I would like to do it again someday. My best friend is also my neighbor and he yield 80-120 gallons a year of Concord and Catawba so I haven't really had to make my own. You know I could probably keep going now that I think about it. I've done a lot and enjoy much for only being 33 Smile one thing I haven't done much of but would like to do is travel. So many beautiful places on this vast planet and I've only seen some of the eastern U.S.
wow, sorry. I talk too much Razz

Last edited by Boulder&Briar on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.boulderandbriar.com
beetlejazz

Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing   Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:45 pm

- Painting, mostly watercolour. And digital! I also do a bit of comics and illustration. Something that started as a mere little hobby but I've kinda lost control of it...
- Literature. Reading & researching
- Traditional handicrafts... pretty much anything I get my hands on, but knitting is a constant
- Anime Embarassed I'm totally ashamed to admit this one, but I'm a huge geek. According to AniRecDB I've used almost 2 months worth of hours on watching anime, and that doesn't include the copios re-watches. I can't help it. It's an addiction. Sometimes I explain it with learning more Japanese, but in reality I just love it. It fits my immature soul/emotional life - for some reason I'm way more interested in a story about saving the universe together than one about shopping & cheating on your partner
- Bread baking (sourdough)
- Hiking/camping
- Thinking
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing   Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:50 pm

Have done alot over the years, but these days it's mainly gotten down to just living Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
derrickyoung

Registration date : 2013-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing   Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:10 pm

I have two kids I do not have any hobbies...

Ok just kidding. Kids are getting older so i am finding time to get back into allot of things

Piping, really like wearing a kilt and playing the bagpipes
reading
music
signed up for some fly fishing casting lessons
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smg913

Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing   Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:38 pm

i love to fish im talking about im awake at 2 am climbing out on a rock pile or fishing in the boat under the bridge for bass.
i recently started to get into the hunting thing.
i play my guitar,solo/band
love to read mostly fiction but it doesnt really matter
my hobbies should inculde house work/yard work but.......the fishing has just started to get good!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next