HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Longtime Lurker Just Decided to Join the Community

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pipe'n Prof

Registration date : 2013-04-27

PostSubject: Longtime Lurker Just Decided to Join the Community   Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi Brothers,

I have been perusing the threads in this community for over a year now and just decided that it was time for me to join. I have been a pipe smoker for about two years and really enjoy collecting new pipes and trying different tobaccos. I'm a midwestern native who is relocating to the pacific northwest later this summer.

Thanks for allowing me to become a part of this awesome community. I look forward to learning from all of you and also sharing some of my pipe experiences.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Longtime Lurker Just Decided to Join the Community   Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:28 pm

Welcome to BoB. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allyby

Registration date : 2013-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Longtime Lurker Just Decided to Join the Community   Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:43 pm

A big welcome from Bonnie Sotland.......... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Longtime Lurker Just Decided to Join the Community   Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:43 pm

Welcome. I also am a former Milwaukee resident (Greenfield H.S. and a couple degrees from UWM). Load up on Uhle's blends before you head west.

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckshot

Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Longtime Lurker Just Decided to Join the Community   Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:00 pm

Welcome to the Brotherhood!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Longtime Lurker Just Decided to Join the Community   Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:27 pm

Welcome! So, does your screen name indicate that you're a professor? I think all professors should smoke pipes. It would be even better if they could smoke them in class. It's just a perfect fit in my mind.

Enough of my rambling. I'd say, "I hope you enjoy it here," but if you've lurked for over a year then you probably enjoy it at least a little.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://GrowleyPipes.com
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Longtime Lurker Just Decided to Join the Community   Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:20 pm

Welcome, Prof! I hope you enjoy your time here.

Alas, Growley, I for one haven't been able to smoke a pipe in class since the 80s!

"T"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999 Online
Growley

PostSubject: Re: Longtime Lurker Just Decided to Join the Community   Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:43 pm

DrT999 wrote:

Alas, Growley, I for one haven't been able to smoke a pipe in class since the 80s!

"T"

...Figures.
Back to top Go down
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Longtime Lurker Just Decided to Join the Community   Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:49 pm

Welcome to the Brotherhood, Professor! cheers

Please come back often and join in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pipe'n Prof

PostSubject: Re: Longtime Lurker Just Decided to Join the Community   Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:50 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Natch, I definitely intend to load up on Uhle's before I go. I am actually heading there tonight. It's less than a mile from my home. If any of you ever visit Milwaukee, make sure you visit Uhle's. It's a pipe smokers dream.

Growley, yes I am an assistant professor. I'm starting a new position in Seattle this fall. Looking forward to it. The very rainy spring in Milwaukee has hopefully prepared me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Longtime Lurker Just Decided to Join the Community   Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:59 pm

Growley wrote:
DrT999 wrote:

...Figures.

At least I have the memories of having done so! king
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999 Online
Growley

PostSubject: Re: Longtime Lurker Just Decided to Join the Community   Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:09 pm

Pipe'n Prof wrote:
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Natch, I definitely intend to load up on Uhle's before I go. I am actually heading there tonight. It's less than a mile from my home. If any of you ever visit Milwaukee, make sure you visit Uhle's. It's a pipe smokers dream.

Growley, yes I am an assistant professor. I'm starting a new position in Seattle this fall. Looking forward to it. The very rainy spring in Milwaukee has hopefully prepared me.

Congrats on the new position.
Back to top Go down
Hawker

Registration date : 2012-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Longtime Lurker Just Decided to Join the Community   Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:02 pm

Welcome brother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Longtime Lurker Just Decided to Join the Community   Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:25 pm

Glad you decided to end the lurking. Welcome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Longtime Lurker Just Decided to Join the Community   Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:56 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harbinger

Registration date : 2012-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Longtime Lurker Just Decided to Join the Community   Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:57 am

Welcome to BoB!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pipe'n Prof

PostSubject: Re: Longtime Lurker Just Decided to Join the Community   Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:20 am

Thanks again, everyone! Looks like there are a couple of fellow Wisconsinites here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Longtime Lurker Just Decided to Join the Community
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1