HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Peter Stokkebye tobacco

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
petersenlover

Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Peter Stokkebye tobacco   Tue May 21, 2013 9:00 pm

Has anyone tried this brand of tobacco and is it worth the money? Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye tobacco   Tue May 21, 2013 9:08 pm

I've tried their Luxury Twist Flake, and I like it quite a bit. In fact, I bought quite a bit of it so I'd always have some on hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://GrowleyPipes.com
bentbulldog

Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye tobacco   Tue May 21, 2013 9:10 pm

I rather enjoy Balkan Supreme and have 8oz stashed away. It isn't FABULOUS but still pretty darn good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye tobacco   Tue May 21, 2013 10:16 pm

My hoard includes lots of PS, including a couple pounds of Luxury Navy Flake. Proper English is a bargain for a tasty English. I also have the Cube Cut, which is a little tricky to handle, and think the Virginia, which is not just a bargain but cheap, is a very nice, low maintenance smoke. The Va smells like freshly baked wheat bread to me. I have a couple pounds of home blend Half & Half -- PS Virginia and Burley, which still has another nine months to go in Mason jars. I've learned not to be biased against inexpensive spirits or tobacco.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye tobacco   Wed May 22, 2013 12:36 am

In my mind PS is the best bulk pipe tobacco. They have a wide range of products and are very reasonably priced.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye tobacco   Wed May 22, 2013 2:26 am

The Luxury Flakes are terrific for the price. Bullseye is my favorite, but Luxury Twist and Navy Flake are both great too.

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye tobacco   Wed May 22, 2013 8:31 am

PS Navy Flakes is my all-day choice. I go through a 1.5 box in about 6 weeks. It is around $40 from many online shops -- or $60 from Iwan Ries as their private label. No flavor there but tobacco. It needs sipping instead of puffing like most Virginia leaf.

And I'll echo the view that Proper English is a tasty item. I keep it around for whenever I've a taste for a sturdy English.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye tobacco   Wed May 22, 2013 9:07 pm

Ocelot55 wrote:
In my mind PS is the best bulk pipe tobacco. They have a wide range of products and are very reasonably priced.

This

And this-

MisterE wrote:
The Luxury Flakes are terrific for the price. Bullseye is my favorite, but Luxury Twist and Navy Flake are both great too.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
bosun1

Registration date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye tobacco   Wed May 22, 2013 9:46 pm

I've been cellaring a fair amount of their Golden Dansk! An overall pleasant smoke to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
somedumbjerk

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye tobacco   Thu May 23, 2013 11:23 am

do you mean PS or the new 4th generation (the tins that are all named after dates)?

i like LBF for the PS. A lot of people really love the golden dansk if you are in to aromatics. if you mean the tins, the 1933 flake is excellent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye tobacco   Thu May 23, 2013 12:37 pm

PS Luxury Bulls Eyes Flake and Luxury Navy Flake are top of the line VaPers. I highly recommend them.
AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye tobacco   Thu May 23, 2013 2:35 pm

They are excellent tobaccos at a very reasonable cost when purchased in bulk. Balkan Supreme is only one of my favorites.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pipe'n Prof

Registration date : 2013-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye tobacco   Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:18 pm

Balkan Supreme is my go-to tobacco. In my humble opinion, there is no better English for the money. I recently ordered some luxury bullseye flake, as well. Virginias are not normally my thing, but I was mildly surprised by its taste and smokability.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye tobacco   Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:21 pm

Pipe'n Prof wrote:
Balkan Supreme is my go-to tobacco. In my humble opinion, there is no better English for the money

I have to agree to that statement. Great Tobacco, reasonably priced. Same goes with the Lux Bullseye. Sometimes I find the Bullseye Flake a bit on the mild side, so I just kick it up a bit with a little Perique.

Doc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye tobacco   Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:43 am

Ocelot55 wrote:

Agreed. Of the PS Flakes Bullseye is my favorite, and the only one that I have really stocked up on. Twist flake is good too. Luxury Navy Flake is a great deal, but cost aside as far as vaper flakes go there are other blends I'd prefer to concentrate on.

Balkan Supreme is a very good value too. An excellent blend for the money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mattrhorn

Registration date : 2013-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye tobacco   Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:53 pm

I have a shop close by and they have a lot of PS. Balkan Supreme I will buy next. Proprt English...is that PS. I like it. I like the Latakian favors and the stronger, richer tobaccos. Always looking for a suggestion!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye tobacco   Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:12 pm

Are there any RYOers here? I was never a regular cigarette smoker, but when I worked at a tobacconist, I did learn an appreciation for the better rolling tobaccos out there. I tried most of everything we sold tobacco wise. It's been years and years. I noticed that Stokkebye still uses some RYO-like names. Danish Export. Amsterdam. Norwegian Blend. Turkish something. Are these cut like pipe tobacco or more like rolling tobacco? Is it a matter of semantics, or is there an actual physical difference there? Closer to ribbon cut or shag cut? There used to be some fantastic Turkish cigarettes available in the USA (and Camels are nothing remotely like them). It would be a pleasant surprise if the Turkish could be used to roll. Anyone know more about these?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye tobacco   Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:57 am

Zeno Marx wrote:
Are there any RYOers here?  I was never a regular cigarette smoker, but when I worked at a tobacconist, I did learn an appreciation for the better rolling tobaccos out there.  I tried most of everything we sold tobacco wise.  It's been years and years.  I noticed that Stokkebye still uses some RYO-like names.  Danish Export.  Amsterdam.  Norwegian Blend.  Turkish something.  Are these cut like pipe tobacco or more like rolling tobacco?  Is it a matter of semantics, or is there an actual physical difference there?  Closer to ribbon cut or shag cut?  There used to be some fantastic Turkish cigarettes available in the USA (and Camels are nothing remotely like them).  It would be a pleasant surprise if the Turkish could be used to roll.  Anyone know more about these?

I just smoke a pipe, but I have smoked Amsterdam, Norwegian and Turkish by the pound. The bulk I have smoked is a narrow ribbon cut.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371 Online
JustPlainBill

Registration date : 2015-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye tobacco   Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:56 am

i mail-ordered a few ounces of Amsterdam and Turkish the other day. Figure i can hand-roll it if i don't like it in the pipe. Also a little of their Black Cav to blend with CH, PA, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye tobacco   Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:31 pm

Zeno Marx wrote:
Are there any RYOers here?  I was never a regular cigarette smoker, but when I worked at a tobacconist, I did learn an appreciation for the better rolling tobaccos out there.  I tried most of everything we sold tobacco wise.  It's been years and years.  I noticed that Stokkebye still uses some RYO-like names.  Danish Export.  Amsterdam.  Norwegian Blend.  Turkish something.  Are these cut like pipe tobacco or more like rolling tobacco?  Is it a matter of semantics, or is there an actual physical difference there?  Closer to ribbon cut or shag cut?  There used to be some fantastic Turkish cigarettes available in the USA (and Camels are nothing remotely like them).  It would be a pleasant surprise if the Turkish could be used to roll.  Anyone know more about these?

My wife uses their 313 Oriental and 84 Turkish in her tubes, and likes the 50/50 mix... Very fine shred.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlG

Registration date : 2012-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye tobacco   Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:52 am

The LBF is very good value for money in my opinion. I always try to have some on hand. I also enjoy the LNF, although I have to be careful for tongue bite with this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.goussardpipes.com/
Haebar

Registration date : 2015-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye tobacco   Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:38 pm

Heather Raspberry is a quality aromatic made by PS. I was given a sample of it and really enjoyed it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
forsooth

Registration date : 2011-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye tobacco   Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:03 pm

I have a good supply of Nougat, which I enjoy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smoker13

Registration date : 2016-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye tobacco   Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:54 pm

I quite recently (as recent as yesterday!) smoked my first bowl of Luxury Navy Flake from the 2 oz that came in the mail Saturday. Fantastic smoke! I love flakes, and the past couple months have been kind of collecting Navy flakes and cakes to smoke and review for my own smoking pleasure with the purpose being to finally arrive at a great 3 - 5 tobaks that will make me feel like I'm on a clipper ship in the 19th century.

I've already got the feeling that this Luxury Navy Flake will be one of them for certain!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye tobacco   Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:24 am

PS #306 English Oriental Supreme in my opinion is one of his best blends. Very well balanced and a great value. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Peter Stokkebye tobacco
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next