HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Rolling back into Pipeland with some FVF...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andy Lowry

Registration date : 2013-05-31

PostSubject: Rolling back into Pipeland with some FVF...   Fri May 31, 2013 8:47 pm

I'd let my pipesmoking slack off for three or four months; was only smoking maybe once a week and not enjoying it all that much. A couple of weeks ago, I decided it was time to show the briars some affection instead of just brushing the dust off of them, so I started smoking every day after work. None of my old favorites seemed to suit me-- they were all sharp and bitey, even the formerly smooth laid-back ones like McC's Ringlow (I guess I lost some of the teflon from my tongue), so I thought I'd try building back up to it with some plain ol' Virginias I used to groove on. Got a box of FVF yesterday, and it's really hitting the spot-- enough so that I ordered another box of that and a box of BBF (which I remember as being similar) today. Looks like I'm back in the saddle, thanks to ol' Sam. Yay!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Rolling back into Pipeland with some FVF...   Fri May 31, 2013 10:47 pm

Andy Lowry wrote:
I'd let my pipesmoking slack off for three or four months; was only smoking maybe once a week and not enjoying it all that much. A couple of weeks ago, I decided it was time to show the briars some affection instead of just brushing the dust off of them, so I started smoking every day after work. None of my old favorites seemed to suit me-- they were all sharp and bitey, even the formerly smooth laid-back ones like McC's Ringlow (I guess I lost some of the teflon from my tongue), so I thought I'd try building back up to it with some plain ol' Virginias I used to groove on. Got a box of FVF yesterday, and it's really hitting the spot-- enough so that I ordered another box of that and a box of BBF (which I remember as being similar) today. Looks like I'm back in the saddle, thanks to ol' Sam. Yay!

Yup. Can't go far wrong with FVF or BBF.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com

PostSubject: Re: Rolling back into Pipeland with some FVF...   Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:08 am

You can quibble over the evaluation process all day (and there are people who do). But in the end, the Classics are the classics for a reason. 

What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rolling back into Pipeland with some FVF...   Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:58 pm

OK, it is all your fault.  Of course it was mine too a while back.  I came back to the pipe about a year ago to stop the cigarette hacking.  Same tobacco; burned like sin.

First, I figured out I was overpacking a bit.

Second, I was making longer draws like I did with cigarettes.

With pipe smoking, so much becomes automatic.  It becomes almost an autonomic response.  You've lost that temporarily.  Relax and let it all come back.
Back to top Go down
Andy Lowry

Registration date : 2013-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Rolling back into Pipeland with some FVF...   Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:40 pm

JKenP wrote:
OK, it is all your fault.  Of course it was mine too a while back.  I came back to the pipe about a year ago to stop the cigarette hacking.  Same tobacco; burned like sin.

First, I figured out I was overpacking a bit.

Second, I was making longer draws like I did with cigarettes.

With pipe smoking, so much becomes automatic.  It becomes almost an autonomic response.  You've lost that temporarily.  Relax and let it all come back.

--------------------------

Yep, my fault. Had 5 bowls yesterday evening, so I think I'm back in bidness. I'll crack open a tin of McC Scottish here in a couple of days and see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Rolling back into Pipeland with some FVF...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1