HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

I Complained to P&C and Russ Oulette Responded

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: I Complained to P&C and Russ Oulette Responded   Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:18 pm

Last night I sent an email to Customer Service ta Pipes and Cigars complaining about the discontinuation of the Brigadier Black line of tobacco, specifically the Alamo blend, and the frustration of the seemingly never ending "out of stock" issue with so any of their products. Today I received the following email from Russ:

A.J.,

Brigadier Black tobaccos were supposed to be a limited run. The maker offered us the opportunity to buy a certain amount of the four blends, but we made it clear right at the beginning that they weren’t going to be available long-term. We have reached out to the company to see if it might be possible for them to make another run, and, fortunately, they’ve agreed to make more for us. With any luck, they’ll continue to supply it for us as needed.

As to the other issues, things are improving every day, and soon the backorder situation will be well under control with better stock levels than we have ever had. There is absolutely no possibility about our going out of business. The last two weeks sales are the best we’ve had this year. We understand the problems and the inconvenience this has caused for our customers. We have been receiving large orders each and every business day, and are 80% complete on restocking.

I know that it might seem from some of the negatives in the forums that there are greater problems than actually exist. In the last two days, two separate threads have appeared on Pipes Magazine’s forums where people have thanked us for getting their orders out quickly, so it’s coming together.

I hope that the good news on the Brigadier Black makes your day a little better. We should have Alamo back in stock before the end of June.

Russ Ouellette, blender

PipesandCigars.com

1-610-297-9051 x254

Certified Retail Tobacconist #1875
http://www.tobacconistuniversity.org/logos/certified.jpg

This one followed shorty after the one above arrived.

A.J.,

Thanks for your reply and good wishes. It’s our intention to exceed what has been expected of us in the past, and we’re well on our way to achieving the goal. Feel free to use our exchange on the forum (which one, by the way?). You’ll be glad to know that 132 tins of Alamo are on their way to us right now.

Keep looking. Things will be better than normal very soon.

Russ Ouellette, blender

PipesandCigars.com

1-610-297-9051 x254

Certified Retail Tobacconist #1875
http://www.tobacconistuniversity.org/logos/certified.jpg

I thought it very gracious of Russ to personally respond to a customer's complaint. That's the kind of man I can do business with. Thanks Russ, You made my day.

I thought the BoB members who buy from Pipes & Cigars would be interested in getting the straight "skinny" from the man himself.
AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: I Complained to P&C and Russ Oulette Responded   Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:21 pm

P&C is going through some internal and locale changes, as I've heard, and all (hopefully) for the better. Russ is indeed a nice guy.

Hopefully it all gets cleared up as quickly as possible.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: I Complained to P&C and Russ Oulette Responded   Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:31 pm

I sent a complaint to Russ about availibility of Old Companion which had been out of stock for an eternity. He suggested I try another blend and sent a very nice response. I discovered poking around that tinned 8 oz Old Companion was still in stock (and marked down). The recommendation (Altadis Golden Dream) was a disappointment. To round out the order with sometihing on my "to try" I tried some Bullseye Flake which has been remarkably good. You win some and you get stuck with some Golden Dream sometimes. I have to say I liked Russ's response, and will look forward to their getting things sorted out in PA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Buckshot

Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: I Complained to P&C and Russ Oulette Responded   Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:27 pm

AJ...thanks for posting the response from Russ. It is good to see that they really care about their customers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: I Complained to P&C and Russ Oulette Responded   Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:02 am

My personal experience has been, that whatever the problem, Russ will personally take care of the situation, and always make it right.

In a market where naturally grown products are in high demand, what more can a person expect or ask for?

The reality to it is, the more a business grows, the more said business relies on employees. Human error is a part of doing business, but Russ is always there with a professional attitude, to always make it right.

Because of this, he will always have my business, because of the way he always addresses any problems than may arise.

How much more can you ask of a man, who provides his customers with some of the most competitive prices in the business?

The most competitive prices in the business, will almost always generate high volume.

If anyone thinks that competitive pricing does not come at a cost, they are kidding themselves, or simply not being realistic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: I Complained to P&C and Russ Oulette Responded   Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:31 am

Dutch wrote:
My personal experience has been, that whatever the problem, Russ will personally take care of the situation, and always make it right.

In a market where naturally grown products are in high demand, what more can a person expect or ask for?

The reality to it is, the more a business grows, the more said business relies on employees. Human error is a part of doing business, but Russ is always there with a professional attitude, to always make it right.

Because of this, he will always have my business, because of the way he always addresses any problems than may arise.

How much more can you ask of a man, who provides his customers with some of the most competitive prices in the business?

The most competitive prices in the business, will almost always generate high volume.

If anyone thinks that competitive pricing does not come at a cost, they are kidding themselves, or simply not being realistic.

What he said. Exclamation Exclamation
AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Doody

Registration date : 2012-04-14

PostSubject: Re: I Complained to P&C and Russ Oulette Responded   Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:43 pm

i swore off p&c a while ago - i got sick of them screwing up orders and having a clearly inept inventory control system.

this is a nice thread - i'm glad to hear they're making an effort. maybe i'll give 'em a whirl again.

thanks for sharing.

doody.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: I Complained to P&C and Russ Oulette Responded   Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:03 pm

Russ is a really nice guy. I have accidentally spoken to him on the phone a couple times. He's kind, knowledgeable and about as easy going as they come.

The last time I had a problem with an order he took 10% off the order which essentially covered shipping. He and the revamped P&C are doing everything they can to right the ship and improve their image.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

I Complained to P&C and Russ Oulette Responded
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1