HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ocelot55

Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin Empty
PostSubject: My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin   My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 9:45 am

I'm taking this one to Kansas City so if anyone wants to get a closer look at it, come and drop by my table. I'd love to hear your opinions.

My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin 102_0715_zps64f50f6f

My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin 102_0711_zps3b7d38d2

My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin 102_0712_zps1716c96c

My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin 102_0713_zps1d015f4f

My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin 102_0714_zps36d876e7
Back to top Go down
http://www.jonespipes.com

PostSubject: Re: My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin   My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 10:45 am

Goin' to Kansas City
Kansas City here I come.

Stay away from the crazy women and show off that crazy fine pipe.
Back to top Go down
Boulder&Briar

Boulder&Briar

Registration date : 2012-07-04

PostSubject: Re: My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin   My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 11:58 am

Holy Smokes Jesse!
Maybe I should just keep mine for myself and save myself some embarrassment. Brother that is beautiful. If you think that sucks compared to what else is going to be there I'm in trouble. I really like the partial rustication and nice flowing line and modeling on the bowl. Great job man. Hey, worse case scenario is both are sucky pipe get a nice picture in the P&T Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.boulderandbriar.com
Richard Hester
Author of "My Love My Pipe"
Richard Hester

Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin   My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:30 pm

Very beautiful I tip my hat to you sir
Best Regards
Richard
Back to top Go down
http://charlesrhesterjr@aol.com.com
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin   My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 1:41 pm

To my eye the classic Dub looks strrrretched from rim to bit, esp if it's canted. Somehow you've managed to do a Danish version (Danish designs tend to be the opposite of strrrrrretched), but it still looks very Dubby, indeed.  I'm stitting here admiring it. All it need ia a wee nip of Powers.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin   My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 2:55 pm

Unique and smooth execution O.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin   My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 4:59 pm

Damn nice work Jesse. Damn nice indeed!

cheers

Cheers,

RR

My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin Purple11x 3My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin Bombx10My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin Bombx10  My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin D6bddf10 My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin Cowboy13My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com Online
pepesdad1

pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin   My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:55 pm

WOW....Just WoW! Beautiful design and execution.
Back to top Go down
Hiram-2011

Hiram-2011

Registration date : 2012-03-23

PostSubject: Re: My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin   My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 7:05 pm

Wow, pretty much sums it up.
Back to top Go down
Growley

Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin   My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 10:28 pm

Jesse, I've already seen that pipe, and I think I've already said I like it, so let me move on. Your camera work has seriously improved! Did you get someone to take that pic for you, or did you take a class or something? Nice shots!

Brian.
Back to top Go down
http://GrowleyPipes.com
Fatman

Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin   My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 10:41 pm

Might fine looking pipe!
Back to top Go down
Ocelot55

Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin   My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 12:51 am

Thank you all for the comments! This pipe was touch and go in the design stage for a while. I typically don't venture out of the classics much, but it is refreshing to try something different from time to time.

Brian, my photography skill has definitely improved, but to be honest, I'm only doing one thing different: editing. I've still got the same crappy camera, the same crappy lightbox, and the same crappy lighting. Once I've snapped the shot I use the photo editor in photobucket to brighten up the pic and then sharpen up the lines just a hair. The results are, well, you can see for yourself. Very Happy It's simple and takes about 10 seconds per pic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jonespipes.com
Bobostro61

Bobostro61

Registration date : 2012-10-28

PostSubject: Re: My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin   My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:30 pm

Now that's nice!
Back to top Go down
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin   My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 2:33 am

That is absolutely gorgeous, what a delightful piece of briar too with fantastic Plateaux, very impressive work.
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin   My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 2:38 am

Very nice lines and grain orientation Jesse! cheerscheerscheers
Back to top Go down
alfredo_buscatti

alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin   My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 4:38 am

At first I thought I didn't like it. But then I stared at it and changed my mind. Very inventive!
Back to top Go down
somedumbjerk

somedumbjerk

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin   My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:12 pm

the lines and flow are amazing, great whole package. my favorite part about he pipe is the little lip on the transition from smooth to rusticated, it sets the pipe apart. very nice!
Back to top Go down

My shot at a Danish inspired Dublin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: