HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New life - reworked project pipe

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

New life - reworked project pipe Empty
PostSubject: New life - reworked project pipe   New life - reworked project pipe EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 4:51 am

Do you guys remember this nasty thing:

New life - reworked project pipe RamsesCup_zps5fa02905

See this topic: http://www.brothersofbriar.com/t23024-the-agony-of-choice-wip

I came to realise I actually despised the rotten looking thing, bit of fun maybe but as an actual smoking pipe, forget about it, nasty horrid thing. I decided to reshape it and try to get a bent Billiard out of it after all, got it as close as I could whilst making it still a little distinctive. Sadly as you can see the Briar turned out to be a real dog of a chunk of wood, very disappointed, I didn't want to fill it but keep it gnarly and ugly as it truly is, this is after the reshaping and sanding.

New life - reworked project pipe IMG_0202_zps9c14fb0d

New life - reworked project pipe IMG_0204_zps206c0a6d

New life - reworked project pipe IMG_0208_zps4d1394d9

Now this is how she looks and I must say I am very pleased with it indeed, wont be everyone's idea of a nice pipe but meh, I love it so there.

New life - reworked project pipe IMG_0237_zpsecada09f

New life - reworked project pipe IMG_0235_zps26820fb1

New life - reworked project pipe IMG_0244_zps74557512

New life - reworked project pipe IMG_0243_zpsd9f64db2
Back to top Go down
Hiram-2011

Hiram-2011

Registration date : 2012-03-23

PostSubject: Re: New life - reworked project pipe   New life - reworked project pipe EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 7:31 am

You should be pleased, it's a classy looking pipe. Think anyone would be more then happy to own it Smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New life - reworked project pipe   New life - reworked project pipe EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:33 am

NICE !  cheers

What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New life - reworked project pipe   New life - reworked project pipe EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:38 am

Straight grain
Classic elegance

I like!
Back to top Go down
Boulder&Briar

Boulder&Briar

Registration date : 2012-07-04

PostSubject: Re: New life - reworked project pipe   New life - reworked project pipe EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:41 am

Nice! Much better, and lighter. Love the color, beautiful tight grain, and nice stem work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.boulderandbriar.com
bosun1

bosun1

Registration date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: New life - reworked project pipe   New life - reworked project pipe EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:44 am

Nothing wrong with that Kirk!
Good looking pipe, and the classic shapes are the hardest to make!
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: New life - reworked project pipe   New life - reworked project pipe EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:18 pm

Kirk that's much much much better. The grain you uncovered is reward enough. Total stunner
Back to top Go down
gravel

gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: New life - reworked project pipe   New life - reworked project pipe EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:22 pm

That is much better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Wet Dottle

Wet Dottle

Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: New life - reworked project pipe   New life - reworked project pipe EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Boulder&Briar wrote:
Much better
Kyle Weiss wrote:
much much much better
Boulder&Briar wrote:
That is much better
What can I add? Hummm... Much better?... Smile
Back to top Go down
Bobostro61

Bobostro61

Registration date : 2012-10-28

PostSubject: Re: New life - reworked project pipe   New life - reworked project pipe EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:29 pm

Wow!  It came out nice!  Great job.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New life - reworked project pipe   New life - reworked project pipe EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 7:44 pm

Nowt wrong wi' that 'un mate. You've made a right little smasher right there an' no mistake!

Cool

Cheers,

RR

New life - reworked project pipe Purple11x 3New life - reworked project pipe Bombx10New life - reworked project pipe Bombx10  New life - reworked project pipe D6bddf10 New life - reworked project pipe 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d New life - reworked project pipe Cowboy13New life - reworked project pipe 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: New life - reworked project pipe   New life - reworked project pipe EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:35 pm

You're on a roll, Kirk!
This one, and your previous pipe for Jimbo are killers.
Back to top Go down
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

PostSubject: Re: New life - reworked project pipe   New life - reworked project pipe EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 2:26 am

Thanks for the kind and supportive comments folks, put a huge smile on me ugly mug. cheers

Harlock999 wrote:
You're on a roll, Kirk!
This one, and your previous pipe for Jimbo are killers.

Good of you to say Buddy, I have a long way to go and a lot to learn but in time, who knows, I may just end up making some pipes worthy of such generous praise, I'll be making some in July, if the gods are favourable I just might get a couple of nice ones done, we shall see. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: New life - reworked project pipe   New life - reworked project pipe EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 2:43 am

Nice job Kirk! I'm sure she rests in the hand and the teeth much more comfortably now, and visibly, no doubt she is a stunner! There was a lot of gorgeous grain hiding in the previous shape! cheerscheerscheers
Back to top Go down
alfredo_buscatti

alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: New life - reworked project pipe   New life - reworked project pipe EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 4:35 am

Very much improved!
Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: New life - reworked project pipe   New life - reworked project pipe EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 1:29 pm

Dude seriously WOW, just WOW!!! That's stunning!

Jim
Back to top Go down
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

PostSubject: Re: New life - reworked project pipe   New life - reworked project pipe EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 3:31 pm

Dutch wrote:
Nice job Kirk! I'm sure she rests in the hand and the teeth much more comfortably now, and visibly, no doubt she is a stunner! There was a lot of gorgeous grain hiding in the previous shape! cheerscheerscheers

Thank you kindly Dutch, I'd like to be able to bend the stem more but just can't get the darn thing to bend any further, it's acrylic and I have to use the salt in the oven method, by the time I get the darn thing out of the salt it cools down like nobodies business, so annoying.
Back to top Go down
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

PostSubject: Re: New life - reworked project pipe   New life - reworked project pipe EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 3:33 pm

huffelpuff wrote:
Dude seriously WOW, just WOW!!! That's stunning!

Jim

Hiya Jim, so kind of you to say mate. wont be doing any more until early to mid July, frustrating but there it is, watch this space as they say. Wink
Back to top Go down
the rev

the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: New life - reworked project pipe   New life - reworked project pipe EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 4:36 pm

good job brother, a little liposculpture was all that pipe needed Smile Hope you are having a great time, and hope you get to make lots more very soon

rev
Back to top Go down
http://revspipes.com
somedumbjerk

somedumbjerk

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: New life - reworked project pipe   New life - reworked project pipe EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:03 pm

kirk, that pipe is stunning. great work!

to bend the stem further, have you tried using a candle? soft flame and you can move it constantly over it to avoid scorching. gives you better control than the salt in the oven, just my opinion, ymmv, etc.
Back to top Go down

New life - reworked project pipe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: