HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

cleaning some of my pipes today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
somedumbjerk

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: cleaning some of my pipes today   Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:17 pm

had a bunch of pipes i've been smoking frequently that keep getting put in my backpack (i keep a backpack that i take to the pipe and pint meetings and to the pipeshop for a smoke, or when i travel to keep the tobacco smell off my work clothes) and decided to try out my new polishing cloth and make sure they all get the initial cleaning done. in depth cleaning on all pipes when my new rack arrives. Very Happy

so i took a pic after i shined em.

placed in no particular order. left to right, going down the list:
1 Radice G Double bore billiard. i have two of these with different stem treatments. i smoke VA in one, VaPer in the other. except when i mix it up Laughing
2 a little dublin i make out of plateaux. this guy usually gets something with kentucky in it. starting to break in perfectly.
3 Radice Underwood Junebug i like this pipe a lot, and will get one in a rind finish. VA shockingly enough
4 a pipe i made specifically for FVF. well, i made it, smoked FVF in it, and went, yeah, this is my FVF pipe. smoking like a champ
5 Castello 10 antiquari was utilized for Latakia by the PO. i like the pipe too much for that and i'm smoking some burley in it now with occasional VA. i LOVE this pipe
6 Savinelli Capri Root Oil Cured pot, shape 118. just bought this pipe for like $30. smokes amazingly. has a great draw. sublime with dark flake, but a big bowl...
7 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Baker Street my first nice pipe. smoked like crap when i bought it. the bowl was uncoated, excluding the stain from the outside of the bowl. now that i've smoked that away, it's becoming really nice. i smoke whatever in this one. switch it up
8 Peterson 69 i like this pipe a lot. smoked my first GLP in it. some 06 Lombard. great little pipe, likes to be smoked a few times in a row (same day) and put away for a while
9 Growley Ramses first pipe i've gotten to the bottom of the bowl and tried to relight ash in, multiple times. this is my first of many Growley pipes. amazing piece of artistry that is engineered amazingly well internally. can't say enough good things about this pipe
10 Barling Pot i use this for my occasional latakia smoke. great pipe, just doesn't get the attention it deserves because i don't love latakia like i do my aged VA's

thought i'd share a portion of my arsenal with you guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: cleaning some of my pipes today   Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:39 pm

Nice Jeb! Looks like a great assortment.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: cleaning some of my pipes today   Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:42 am

That Castello 10 is sweet! I would love to add one of those to my collection! cheerscheerscheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: cleaning some of my pipes today   Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:15 pm

Like you needed to introduce that Growley...that pipe is distinct across a crowded room!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
somedumbjerk

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: cleaning some of my pipes today   Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:13 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Like you needed to introduce that Growley...that pipe is distinct across a crowded room!  

yup! everyone always compliments that pipe. nice thing is, it smokes amazing, too. it passed the marty pulvers test, which is not an easy thing to do. he's a particular guy with pipes. especially hard on what he considers to be new carvers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

cleaning some of my pipes today
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1