HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My current collection after my first month

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Halcyon03

Halcyon03

Registration date : 2013-06-23

My current collection after my first month Empty
PostSubject: My current collection after my first month   My current collection after my first month EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 6:24 pm

I started smoking a little less than a month ago. Here is my collection thus far. I feel like I have all the basics I need so probably no more purchases for me for awhile. Tell me what ya'll think. Thanks.

My current collection after my first month Img_2011

From Left to right I have 2 MM Cobs, a Johs I picked up today at The Briary in Homewood, AL and my Bjarne Viking Classic Mini Churchwarden. I also have my father's Grabow Savoy not in the picture. Pipe cleaners a plenty and the baccy in the jars are a different aromatics with some Anniversary Kake VaPer and some English Luxury from The Briary on the second shelf.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My current collection after my first month   My current collection after my first month EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 6:37 pm

Looking good. I think you are wise to step back slightly to establish what you enjoy. You might want to throw in a little wire bound and keep some notes to watch what changes and maybe figure out why. Or, if the computer is close by, keep notes there.
Back to top Go down
gramnum1

gramnum1

Registration date : 2013-05-13

PostSubject: Re: My current collection after my first month   My current collection after my first month EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 6:48 pm

nice collection bud!
Back to top Go down
alfredo_buscatti

alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: My current collection after my first month   My current collection after my first month EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 8:05 pm

Looks like you're off to a great start! Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Fatman

Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: My current collection after my first month   My current collection after my first month EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 8:14 pm

Looks great, and nicely organized to boot! My smoking area is a mess.
Back to top Go down
Growley

Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: My current collection after my first month   My current collection after my first month EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 9:19 pm

Looks like a nice set up. Watch those jars though. I had some similar and they didn't end up sealing very well. I finally decided to get some standard canning jars, and I've been very happy with the outcome.

Back to top Go down
http://GrowleyPipes.com
desertpiper

desertpiper

Registration date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: My current collection after my first month   My current collection after my first month EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 11:01 pm

Nice start, your off and running like a heard of turtles.
ditto what Growley said about the jars. I have of those that are empty now. They just wouldn't seal. I use canning jars now and they work great.
Back to top Go down
Fr_Tom

Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: My current collection after my first month   My current collection after my first month EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 11:05 pm

You are keeping your meds handy too. It is everything you need!

Anniversary Kake is an excellent choice BTW. I really like it although I have been on a Lousiana Red theme recently. I have a new pipe that smokes it like a dream, and there is no sense messing with success.

Have fun...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Jeffry Don

Jeffry Don

Registration date : 2013-06-28

PostSubject: Re: My current collection after my first month   My current collection after my first month EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 5:27 pm

Nice collection. Although I don't have nearly as much, (I will soon though) I can say I agree with what others are saying about the jars. I used the same once, and the seal is not the best. Regular Ball canning jars seem to work better for me.
Back to top Go down
Halcyon03

Halcyon03

Registration date : 2013-06-23

PostSubject: Re: My current collection after my first month   My current collection after my first month EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:22 pm

Jeffry Don wrote:
I can say I agree with what others are saying about the jars.  I used the same once, and the seal is not the best.  Regular Ball canning jars seem to work better for me.

I've put a lot of thought into the jar situation. The seal on them seems fine but due to the fact that they are basically plastic O-rings that are sealed onto the interior edges, over time they may seal less and less. I'm kind of a DIY guy so I've decided to take some clear silicone caulk and kinda "beef up" the current seals on the lids by putting another "ring" in between the two existing ones on the lids. It might make them a little harder to open but that'll just mean a better seal Smile We shall see. I will be using jars for cellar purposes though.

Also...I see how PAD/TAD (which I just discovered the meanings to yesterday) greatly affect a piper. I made the mistake of getting on Boswell's site yesterday...sigh...gonna have to get one of those ASAP and try some of their aro's as well.
Back to top Go down
prosmoking

Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: My current collection after my first month   My current collection after my first month EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:41 pm

Wow, that is plenty to get you going and give you time to figure out what you like or want to try next.

You are lucky to be by Birmingham and The Briary.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rimkuspipes.com
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: My current collection after my first month   My current collection after my first month EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:29 pm

Looks like you're on your way Halcyon. And Ball/Mason jars are the way to go for long term storage.

Cheers,

RR

My current collection after my first month Purple11x 2My current collection after my first month Bombx10  My current collection after my first month Bombx7My current collection after my first month D6bddf10 My current collection after my first month 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
riff raff

riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: My current collection after my first month   My current collection after my first month EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:09 pm

A good start! Are you sure you have enough cleaners? <g>

Good move on those jar seals. They'll hold for an open tin, for a few weeks, the tobacco starts to dry out fast after that. For blends you don't go thru so quickly, you may want to get some screw top mason-style jars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My current collection after my first month   My current collection after my first month EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 8:08 am

riff raff wrote:
A good start!  Are you sure you have enough cleaners? <g>

RR,
It is always annoying when you need something and one isn't available. That's why our wallets showed a round ring outline back when we dated.
Back to top Go down

My current collection after my first month
Page 1 of 1