HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Back again with another question

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Draagha

Draagha

Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back again with another question Empty
PostSubject: Back again with another question   Back again with another question EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 5:17 am

Hey folks,

I'm just wondering if there's a good place to learn some staining, rusticating and finishing techniques.

Looking forward to getting into making my own smokable works of art.

Draagha
Back to top Go down
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Back again with another question   Back again with another question EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 7:28 am

One of the best guys out there to learn from is Steve Laug, you will find a ton of information on pipe refurb's and the such on his site here: http://rebornpipes.wordpress.com/
Back to top Go down
mark
Admin
mark

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Back again with another question   Back again with another question EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 9:21 am

The site below is down for maintenance right now but you'll find a wealth of information there.

http://www.pipemakersforum.com/

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Back again with another question   Back again with another question EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 9:37 am

Hiya Mark, Pipe Makers is having some problems here and there, the site is running, you can't get there through that link right now, follow this link

http://www.pipemakersforum.com/forum/index.php

and use the same link each time to get there and you'll be fine, Tyler's working on it.
Back to top Go down
Draagha

Draagha

PostSubject: Re: Back again with another question   Back again with another question EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 2:54 pm

All of that was EXTREMELY helpful.

Thanks gentlemen!

I can't wait for my briar to come in. bounce 
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Back again with another question   Back again with another question EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 10:31 pm

That's a great site.

If you want to spread out a little just do a Google using the obvious terms... 'smoking pipe rustication' or 'how to stain a smoking pipe' etc. You'll find all kinds of valuable information here and there. That's how I do it and it always works.

Also, be sure to check out links at the sires you visit. Also, I think there's a list of links on this site somewhere. Do a search on this site and you might be surprised at what you come up with.

Good luck.

Back again with another question D6bddf10Back again with another question 29400910Back again with another question 114e6110Back again with another question Ddb39b10Back again with another question Cf77ce10Back again with another question Dd692012Back again with another question Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
Draagha

Draagha

PostSubject: Re: Back again with another question   Back again with another question EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 11:40 pm

That was my first go to choice. I couldn't find as detailed as I was hoping but the suggested sites were much more helpful for me.

Thank you anyways though.
Back to top Go down

Back again with another question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: