HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Everything's home made on this one but the briar.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bobostro61

Bobostro61

Registration date : 2012-10-28

Everything's home made on this one but the briar. Empty
PostSubject: Everything's home made on this one but the briar.   Everything's home made on this one but the briar. EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 6:57 pm

Made this one today.  Started at 10AM with a block of briar.  Finished at 5:30.  My how time flies when you're making pipes!
Anyway, The stem is made from a polyester resin blank I poured to make pens with.  Decided to use it on this pipe instead.
Everything's home made on this one but the briar. Img_1210

Everything's home made on this one but the briar. Img_1211

Everything's home made on this one but the briar. Img_1212

Everything's home made on this one but the briar. Img_1213

Everything's home made on this one but the briar. Img_1214

Everything's home made on this one but the briar. Img_1215

Everything's home made on this one but the briar. Img_1216

Everything's home made on this one but the briar. Img_1217
Back to top Go down
Richard Hester
Author of "My Love My Pipe"
Richard Hester

Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Everything's home made on this one but the briar.   Everything's home made on this one but the briar. EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 7:24 pm

Very nice sir I love it beautiful pipe
Best Regards
Richard
Back to top Go down
http://charlesrhesterjr@aol.com.com

PostSubject: Re: Everything's home made on this one but the briar.   Everything's home made on this one but the briar. EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 7:40 pm

Well done. I like! Your stem from you own casting block is stunning.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Everything's home made on this one but the briar.   Everything's home made on this one but the briar. EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 8:11 pm

Gaw-dam sam, that is a very well executed poker right there and no mistake!

cyclops 

Cheers,

RR

Everything's home made on this one but the briar. Purple11x 3Everything's home made on this one but the briar. Bombx10Everything's home made on this one but the briar. Bombx10  Everything's home made on this one but the briar. D6bddf10 Everything's home made on this one but the briar. 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Everything's home made on this one but the briar. Cowboy13Everything's home made on this one but the briar. 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Everything's home made on this one but the briar.   Everything's home made on this one but the briar. EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 12:57 am

Wow that is one beautiful pipe.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Mozjo33

Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Everything's home made on this one but the briar.   Everything's home made on this one but the briar. EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 8:07 am

Beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Bobostro61

Bobostro61

PostSubject: Re: Everything's home made on this one but the briar.   Everything's home made on this one but the briar. EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 3:20 pm

Thanks for the replies! Smoked 1/2 a bowl of Peterson Sunset Breeze to start breaking it in.  Smooth smoker, not a gurgle to be found.  Got that airway wide open! Nice little pipe.  Not a lot of weight, don't have to bite down hard to hold it.  Quite happy with it.
Back to top Go down
AJ

AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Everything's home made on this one but the briar.   Everything's home made on this one but the briar. EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 4:52 pm

Your pipe is a classic beauty and the stem is stunning. I'm in awe of your skills.
Back to top Go down
Bobostro61

Bobostro61

PostSubject: Re: Everything's home made on this one but the briar.   Everything's home made on this one but the briar. EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 5:10 pm

ajn27511 wrote:
Your pipe is a classic beauty and the stem is stunning. I'm in awe of your skills.

Wow, thank you! Nothing to be in awe about. This is only my 19th pipe that I've made and only the second stem I've made. I've seen some pretty sweet looking pipes on the forum. I need a lot more practice on stem work. To be completely honest, if you took a look at the button, I did a pretty sloppy job on opening the "V" for the airway. I bought and used a zig-zag saw for the purpose, but I don't think it does quite the job I'd like. May try a 1/16 bit in the dremel next time.
Back to top Go down

Everything's home made on this one but the briar.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: