HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
leftover421

Registration date : 2012-10-24

PostSubject: Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!   Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:24 pm

Sorry I have been AWOL for a bit now. Been busy and I'm currently helping a friend out/have a new room mate for a couple weeks; sort of thing. Probably not going have much time to post anything other than this post for a while. I will check in and I will still be bombing this month because it's fun .bounce lol! Other than that you might as well put me on the zombie list for a bit.
Love to all my brothers and sisters in my absence, happy birthday to everyone, Congrats all around, and see ya on the warm side.

Last edited by leftover421 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!   Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:43 pm

Good to see you!
Check in when you can!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!   Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:40 am

Enjoy your time away. We all need a little break every once in a while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ladybriar.com
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!   Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:51 am

We all have things come up that take priority. We'll keep the the light on for you though.

All the best
Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!   Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:57 pm

Just don't end up looking like this poor creature. Shocked 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!   Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:00 pm

leftover421 wrote:
Probably not going have much time to post anything other than this post for a while..

I can relate. Working a 2nd job and still mowing lawns this season doesn't leave much time.
Funding a new Death Star is killing me. Damn things are expensive. Cool 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!   Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:06 pm

^------------- who's that effin guy? scratch I thought we banned him. I love you

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!   Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:54 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
^------------- who's that effin guy?    scratch   I thought we banned him.   I love you

Cool 

Heh, you all would probably be better off if you did.  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!   Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:51 pm

I assume you got my text message asking where the hell you were.

Because unlike the original poster here, who had the fortitude to keep in touch, you flipped us off and skipped off. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!   Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:18 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
you flipped us off    Laughing  

Nah, just you buddy. I love you 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!   Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:05 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:
Kyle Weiss wrote:
you flipped us off    Laughing  

Nah, just you buddy.  I love you 

Better be just me, I'm a jealous tramp.

By the way, this is the worst thread hijack of yours to date, Rob. Poor guy (original poster) wanted to reach out to us, let us know he's checking in, and it turned into YOUR thread. tongue Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!   Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:02 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Poor guy (original poster) wanted to reach out to us, let us know he's checking in, and it turned into YOUR thread.   tongue  Laughing 

Isn't that the way it usually works on BoB? Laughing 

Sorry All.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming, which is already in progress. Cool 

Dan - check in when you can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!   Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:06 pm

Quote :
Yep I'm a zombie

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your promotion. You'll kick Kyle around now.

"You already did." you say.

Sorry for interrupting.
Back to top Go down
leftover421

PostSubject: Re: Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!   Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:22 am

Dear Kyle and Rob

Elf you thread jackers, elf you right in the ear. lol! 

My world is still a little askew but it looks like I might have some unexpected free time on my hands this next week. I will check back in again soon.

Love to my brothers Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!   Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:44 pm

Leftover, the fort is pretty much as you left it. I love you You know how we roll. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leftover421

PostSubject: Re: Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!   Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:52 am

Ok, I guess I just don't get how to "help" people. Apparently I didn't make my house guest feel welcome enough. The rent free place to live, free food, help repairing his jeep, giving him clothes, giving him money for gas, and letting him hang in my most private of personal spaces (my den/smoking room) just wasn't cutting it I guess.

It may have been my house rules that were way too tough?!?!
Like, you can't be here and stink. Take a shower when you need one.
You will do your share of the work load; 1/3 the chores. Help clean the kitchen, load the dish washer, help with yard work, clean up after yourself, keep my den clean like I do, and find a job.
You know, normal things one would expect of a 25 year old adult. Sigh.....

This brings me to my new way of thinking. The new way of thinking is simply NO!
As in:
No you may not stay in my house.
No I will not feed you.
No I can not spare a few bucks.
No you can't be here smelling like that.
No you cant use, borrow or even rent my yard tools or anything else I spent hard earned money on.
No you can not use my computer for ANY reason. If you need to find a job and you want to use a computer; the un-employment office lets you use one for free.

Sorry for the rant n' rave guys, I'm just so freeking frustrated I want to scream. I just don't understand why someone would take a dump in the hand that's trying to help them out of the crappy life they tell me they hate sooooo much.
I think the reason I have such a hard time with this B.S. is many years ago a very nice man let me live in his house rent free. Not only did I take the chance to better myself but I will also be eternally grateful for the helping hand when I needed it. I lived by the house rules back then and did much more than my share of the chores because I was so happy to not be living in my car anymore!
Now that I'm more financially stable I keep wanting to give others the same hand up I got but to date that idea hasn't gone well. At least this one didn't try to steal from me or start doing hard drugs in my spare bedroom (or worse). Yet I'm still a bit bent out of shape.
I don't want to offend any of our younger brothers with my next statement but I just want to know. What the h#** is wrong with these 20somthings that it seems better to live in a car then accept some help and live by a few adult rules? Seriously?

Sincerely
    Fed up in Idaho Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leftover421

PostSubject: Re: Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!   Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:14 am

On a side note:

I'm going to be taking out my frustration on who ever this months BoB Bombers target may be. I am going to make a tobacco scented, smoldering crater where once there stood a proud pipe smoker.
BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID! affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!   Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:49 am

Sorry you're having a hard time. The universe knows that you went out of your way to help someone, even if you have to put him out;).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!   Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:52 am

Unfortunately the world is full of worthless POS's like that.
My brother tried helping one of his highschool 'friends', though it was many years later and he had similar results.

I think part of the problem is the 'entitlement' mentality that affects the younger generations today.  

Helping a man who is down on his luck is most admirable.  You can't blame yourself, as you did more than most others would've. Within a couple of weeks he'll wish he had done things differently.  A soft bed, meals, and AC go a long way to helping someone be comfortable this time of year.  

He lost his chance and he'll regret it, but don't give up on humanity as a whole because of a couple of dillweeds.

Last edited by Rob_In_MO on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!   Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:54 am

Sorry to hear your guest damaged your view of the human race. I think that people like that come into our lives to help us appreciate the ones who actually have integrity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!   Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:57 am

As my father always tells me: "no good deed goes unpunished."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com

PostSubject: Re: Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!   Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:00 am

Look at the good side. If you hadn't found him out, he'd have worked you for years. Down the road, you'll be way ahead.
Back to top Go down
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!   Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:22 pm

There is a mentality that views generosity, fair-dealing, benevolence, compassion, whatever you want to call it, as a weakness to be exploited. It's operative in world affairs, domestic policy, personal relationships, and prison yards. Compassion should be reserved for those who deserve it, and then only when voluntary. I wouldn't write off the entire human race just from this one experience, but you might want want to hone your selectivity to a keen edge. I know this guy's type. He's a loser and wants to be a loser regardless of what he might say. I'm a strong believer in letting everyone go to hell their own way--but not with my assistance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!   Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:23 pm

There is a mentality that views generosity, fair-dealing, benevolence, compassion, whatever you want to call it, as a weakness to be exploited. It's operative in world affairs, domestic policy, personal relationships, and prison yards. Compassion should be reserved for those who deserve it, and then only when voluntary. I wouldn't write off the entire human race just from this one experience, but you might want want to hone your selectivity to a keen edge. I know this guy's type. He's a loser and wants to be a loser regardless of what he might say. I'm a strong believer in letting everyone go to hell their own way--but not with my assistance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!   Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:05 pm

Leftover:

A)  I like your attitude.  Take your frustration out by paying it forward on BoB.  That kind of fuel means nuclear strike, and I pray the target has a fallout shelter.   Very Happy

B)  I'm not going to talk sh*t about your family, I only have a right to do that with my own.  Laughing   For whatever reason, and it isn't just an age thing, it's a society thing:  people have an entitled attitude.   They mask it in lofty (incorrect) terms like "freedom,"  but forget that when there's other people footing the bill/effort/sanity, it ain't "freedom" anymore.  It's mere manner-less inconvenience at best, and downright criminal at worst.   Being "nice" to people is a shotgun approach (pardon the term at the moment).  You're bound to bag someone who would rather take advantage of it than appreciate it.  We can't shelter ourselves from it wholly, or that turns us into bitter louts.  We can't give it away freely, or we can get taken to the cleaners.  

For brevity, when I was "in between homes" in my youth, I stayed short-term with plenty of people.  Often they'd come home to a house cleaner than when they left for the day, their yards more tended, and I tried my best to "not be there" while being there.   It's an attitude.   What I left and why I left it with my own kin years ago was far worse than the graciousness and giving of the hosts that took me in.   The only thing that sucked was I knew it wasn't permanent, and eventually I had to figure it out on my own.

If people down on their luck can't get beyond their situation, they've doomed themselves in the end--no matter if it's their fault or not.  It's a damn shame.  Fortunately, there's a handful of giving people out there willing to try and make it better for others, and I hope those kind never go away.

Rant away, brother Leftover, I think it's YOU that needs a bomb. Twisted Evil

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next