HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

New member checking in from Northern Virginia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: New member checking in from Northern Virginia    Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:27 pm

Hey all, I've been smoking pipes for about 5 years after inheriting some pipes from my father. A bunch of broken Dr. Grabows and a vintage parker. I still have the parker and have replaced the Dr. Grabows with some nicer nos grabows I was able to find. I've added nording's, Peterson's, savinelli's, Il ceppo's and several other single pipes up to an ardor. I love flakes, especially lakelands. Pease plugs and haddo's. McClelland no. 24, and c&d burley's. Recently I've begun to refurbish old pipes and have finished several to some success for personal use. I look forward to getting into all the talk here as most guys around me are cigar guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: New member checking in from Northern Virginia    Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:01 pm

Welcome to the forums!

"T"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999

PostSubject: Re: New member checking in from Northern Virginia    Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:11 pm

Welcome. We've a few cigar smokers here too -- but we keep them out of polite company.
Back to top Go down
friar_jay

Registration date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: New member checking in from Northern Virginia    Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:03 pm

Welcome to the brotherhood. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: New member checking in from Northern Virginia    Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:39 am

Welcome aboard. Come back and post often. Looking forward to your comments.Smile 

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: New member checking in from Northern Virginia    Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:45 am

Welcome! I live just North of you in Hagerstown MD. I work in Alexandria with some frequency and try to visit the JB Hayes Fair Oaks shop as often as I can. King (a part-time clerk) and John (owner) are very knowledgeable pipe enthusiasts/repairmen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: New member checking in from Northern Virginia    Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:41 am

Welcome to the BoB. Visit often.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ieyasu Tokugawa

Registration date : 2013-07-04

PostSubject: Welcome   Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:18 pm

juanmedusa wrote:
Hey all, I've been smoking pipes for about 5 years after inheriting some pipes from my father. A bunch of broken Dr. Grabows and a vintage parker. I still have the parker and have replaced the Dr. Grabows with some nicer nos grabows I was able to find. I've added nording's, Peterson's, savinelli's, Il ceppo's and several other single pipes up to an ardor.  I love flakes, especially lakelands. Pease plugs and haddo's. McClelland no. 24, and c&d burley's. Recently I've begun to refurbish old pipes and have finished several to some success for personal use. I look forward to getting into all the talk here as most guys around me are cigar guys.

Welcome. I just joined myself. Look forward to seeing you around!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nintaipartners.com
juanmedusa

PostSubject: Re: New member checking in from Northern Virginia    Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:55 pm

Thanks everyone for the hearty welcome. And riff raff, I sure am familiar with John b Hayes @ fairoaks. What a great shop. I have at least 5 pipes from there. I don't make it as often as I use to but still several times a year. I'm just over in Falls Church.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: New member checking in from Northern Virginia    Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:02 pm

juanmedusa wrote:
Thanks everyone for the hearty welcome. And riff raff, I sure am familiar with John b Hayes @ fairoaks. What a great shop. I have at least 5 pipes from there. I don't make it as often as I use to but still several times a year. I'm just over in Falls Church.

We need to do a Bob Pipe night there one evening. I'm overnight there once a month or so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: New member checking in from Northern Virginia    Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:53 pm

Welcome aboard (officially)..Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: New member checking in from Northern Virginia    Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:06 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

PostSubject: Re: New member checking in from Northern Virginia    Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:20 am

If scheduling works out , I'm in for a BoB meet up at John b Hayes sometime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harbinger

Registration date : 2012-12-30

PostSubject: Re: New member checking in from Northern Virginia    Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:27 pm

Welcome to BoB!!! cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: New member checking in from Northern Virginia    Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:46 pm

Welcome to BoB. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

New member checking in from Northern Virginia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Welcome Wagon-
Jump to: