HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Ho Lee Fuk...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
keen smoke

Registration date : 2012-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Ho Lee Fuk...   Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:37 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
What I find so funny about it is not the prank itself, which is remedial humor at best, but the fact that stuff like this makes it past the filters of a "critically acclaimed" news department. If there's ever proof of why we should question the news that's presented to us, here it is. Furthermore, let's face it, most people just don't read anything anymore, period. It used to be that most people read quite a bit and a portion of those folks had good to decent analysis skills, but now people don't read squat even if their jobs depend on it. The KTVU news team actually issued an on air apology where they admitted that no one in the newsroom actually read the names prior to the list being put on the teleprompter.

Whoever allowed Sum Ting Wong & Wi Tu Lo to make it past their filter is stupid and should not have that job.

Now when I read those names, I see a sequence of events and not the names of Captains. Laughing

Well, I can't argue that, and I didn't mean to come off like a twat in my post.  I was just like "really?"  I feel like if the tables were turned and it was some dead southern hick sunzabitches who got made fun of by another country/race this would be a different reaction by a lot of people who think this is funny on its face.  But hell I could be wrong in that.  No matter what, that news dept fails big time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Ho Lee Fuk...   Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:17 pm

People make fun of the south all the time. White people are the one race not allowed to be offended. =) If we get offended it's just some guy who can't take a joke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Ho Lee Fuk...   Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:51 pm

i.keenum wrote:
People make fun of the south all the time.

Sheeeit - you live north of I-10, you a Yankee.  lol!

Last edited by Rob_In_MO on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

PostSubject: Re: Ho Lee Fuk...   Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:53 am

Damn skippie, high way 90 is where it's at.
Back to top Go down
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Ho Lee Fuk...   Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:07 am

keen smoke wrote:
DrumsAndBeer wrote:
What I find so funny about it is not the prank itself, which is remedial humor at best, but the fact that stuff like this makes it past the filters of a "critically acclaimed" news department. If there's ever proof of why we should question the news that's presented to us, here it is. Furthermore, let's face it, most people just don't read anything anymore, period. It used to be that most people read quite a bit and a portion of those folks had good to decent analysis skills, but now people don't read squat even if their jobs depend on it. The KTVU news team actually issued an on air apology where they admitted that no one in the newsroom actually read the names prior to the list being put on the teleprompter.

Whoever allowed Sum Ting Wong & Wi Tu Lo to make it past their filter is stupid and should not have that job.

Now when I read those names, I see a sequence of events and not the names of Captains. Laughing

Well, I can't argue that, and I didn't mean to come off like a twat in my post.  I was just like "really?"  I feel like if the tables were turned and it was some dead southern hick sunzabitches who got made fun of by another country/race this would be a different reaction by a lot of people who think this is funny on its face.  But hell I could be wrong in that.  No matter what, that news dept fails big time!

"Southern hick sunzabitches" are the only
group left that y'all are allowed to make fun of.  Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Ho Lee Fuk...   Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:47 am

Hermit wrote:
keen smoke wrote:
DrumsAndBeer wrote:

"Southern hick sunzabitches" are the only
group left that y'all are allowed to make fun of.  Wink

But you are always supposed to use the words illiterate and incest in any joke or slam on Southerners. They must publish a rule book or something....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

PostSubject: Re: Ho Lee Fuk...   Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:03 am

Don't forget about the lack of teeth.
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Ho Lee Fuk...   Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:43 am

While I am not exactly sure where the loophole and reference book is located, I do know that lot's of people are allowed to indiscriminately use the words "Redneck," as well as "Cracker," and no one, including the media, ever calls them out on it.

I suppose that everyone just considers those "terms of endearment," regardless of whether the person using it, is a redneck or a cracker. Wink 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

PostSubject: Re: Ho Lee Fuk...   Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:59 am

Are you saying there are double standards in america?
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Ho Lee Fuk...   Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:08 am

Yak wrote:
Sophomore humor (and cojones) at their finest.  I liked it because it let me know there were still young people with minds & stones out there.

Outfits like that take themselves entirely too seriously. Watching somebody take them down a peg or three is . . . refreshing. Kind of renews your faith in the human spirit.

What a Face

Amen.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Ho Lee Fuk...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: