HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Umbrella Time in So. Cal.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Umbrella Time in So. Cal.   Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:33 am

Back to top Go down
Vito

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Time in So. Cal.   Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:04 pm

Last Sunday night we actually had measurable rainfall. Monday morning was like a fall morning...all washed clean after a rainstorm.

Having rain in July is unusual, but not unheard of. What was different about this one was how cool the air was. Air coming from the east that isn't hot is very rare around here. it's usually a "Santa Ana wind"...hot and dry. Not this time.

We had sprinkles here for maybe a couple of minutes a couple of nights ago...but nothing measurable. Overall, this has been the coolest July I've ever experienced in the 34 years I've lived in SoCal. Daytime temperatures have mostly been in the 80s, with several days in the 70s. I've never seen that happen in July before.

By the way, I don't attribute this to "climate change", and certainly not to human activity. The weather is a complex system, not a mechanistic one. Those who try to model it using finite algorithms to predict long-term climate patterns have no clue what they're doing. It's pseudo-science.

Which is not to say that the long-term trend isn't a warming-up. But that's been the case since the last ice age, and anyone who parades it as though it's some kind of alarming revelation hasn't been paying attention.

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to predict that the climate will continue to warm until it starts to head the other way, as we approach the next ice age. The climate has been doing that for longer than humans have been around.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vitotuxedo.com/VitoSpace/Home/=index.html
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Time in So. Cal.   Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:44 pm

Vito wrote:
By the way, I don't attribute this to "climate change", and certainly not to human activity. The weather is a complex system, not a mechanistic one. Those who try to model it using finite algorithms to predict long-term climate patterns have no clue what they're doing. It's pseudo-science.

Which is not to say that the long-term trend isn't a warming-up. But that's been the case since the last ice age, and anyone who parades it as though it's some kind of alarming revelation hasn't been paying attention.

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to predict that the climate will continue to warm until it starts to head the other way, as we approach the next ice age. The climate has been doing that for longer than humans have been around.

It might take a rocket scientist, because the ones working on the planetary heat/cooling cycles sure have some fascinating ideas led by their bias. Laughing S'why I like you, Veet, you always say what counts.

Considering how many scientists I know (and work with) that roll their eyes when the subject comes up, and say things like, "Did everyone forget we're still coming out of an ice age, or what?" They shake their head, and move on.

My father always says, "You almost never hear people in the Northern Hemisphere complain about climate change in the winter." Right on, dad. It's those damn summer barbecuers and grillers causing the heat and drought! Laughing

:bringonanothersteak:

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Umbrella Time in So. Cal.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1