Poker (BSP- P4)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

Poker (BSP- P4) Empty
PostSubject: Poker (BSP- P4)   Poker (BSP- P4) EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 2:39 pm

Having carved that Poker for Brenden from his Meerschaum block I have been itching to see if I could make one from Briar, my opportunity arrived.

I must admit I am finding it really hard going shaping pipes from angular blocks using only files and sandpaper, really plays havoc with the injuries of old to my hands but I am enjoying the pipes coming into being.

Pipe Specifications

Bowl Width: 34mm
Pipe Height: 58mm
Pipe Length: 148mm
Tobacco Chamber Width: 20mm (7/8")
Tobacco Chamber Depth: 46mm
Weight: 54g

Poker (BSP- P4) IMG_0760

Poker (BSP- P4) IMG_0759

Poker (BSP- P4) IMG_0755

Poker (BSP- P4) IMG_0754

Poker (BSP- P4) IMG_0753

Poker (BSP- P4) IMG_0752

Poker (BSP- P4) IMG_0751

Poker (BSP- P4) IMG_0747
Back to top Go down

Poker (BSP- P4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poker (BSP- P4)   Poker (BSP- P4) EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 3:09 pm

Really excellent and to learn it was without any power tools impresses.

I saw you talking price in the other forum. You should be at least 4x that price.
Back to top Go down

Poker (BSP- P4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poker (BSP- P4)   Poker (BSP- P4) EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 3:15 pm

cheers 

What a Face 
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

Poker (BSP- P4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poker (BSP- P4)   Poker (BSP- P4) EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 4:15 pm

You're practically a human lathe yourself, Kirk! Shocked

Nice pipe!

Cool
Back to top Go down
Boulder&Briar

Boulder&Briar

Registration date : 2012-07-04

Poker (BSP- P4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poker (BSP- P4)   Poker (BSP- P4) EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 4:54 pm

Beautiful job Kirk! Very awesome and especially for not using a lathe. Do you have a sanding disk for your grinder/buffer? And what are you doing your drilling with? What ever your using, you are getting great results. Keep it up brother. I know first hand it doesn't take much to become discouraged, but that's what separates the ones who try and give up and the ones that are determined and become pipe makers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.boulderandbriar.com
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

Poker (BSP- P4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poker (BSP- P4)   Poker (BSP- P4) EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 5:05 pm

JKenP wrote:
Really excellent and to learn it was without any power tools impresses.  

I saw you talking price in the other forum.  You should be at least 4x that price.  

So kind of you, thank you, ooooh, now you've got me worried, this pipe doesn't have a price, all the first pipes I am making are open to reasonable offers to help me raise funds to keep going, where did you see a price stated?!
Back to top Go down
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

Poker (BSP- P4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poker (BSP- P4)   Poker (BSP- P4) EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 5:12 pm

Boulder&Briar wrote:
Beautiful job Kirk! Very awesome and especially for not using a lathe. Do you have a sanding disk for your grinder/buffer? And what are you doing your drilling with? What ever your using, you are getting great results. Keep it up brother. I know first hand it doesn't take much to become discouraged, but that's what separates the ones who try and give up and the ones that are determined and become pipe makers.

Very kind of you to say, thank you, I didn't drill them Buddy, these first lot of pipes I am doing are from pre-drilled kits, they're just drilled with a stem shoved in them, the hard work is all me. Wink I don't have any sanding set up as yet, I was going to look into buying a drill press and attach a sanding attachment to it but I realised this wouldn't help me shape the bowl tops any better, just faster I guess. I was just today looking seriously into lathes, hmmmm, most certainly waaaaaaay out of my abilities to buy one of those, unless of course some kind rich guy is feeling generous and buys one for me, ha, not much chance of that happening though. Oh I have no intentions of giving up, even if I have to carry on just using files I shall continue until I can no longer hold a file safely. Smile
Back to top Go down
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

Poker (BSP- P4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poker (BSP- P4)   Poker (BSP- P4) EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 5:14 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
You're practically a human lathe yourself, Kirk!   Shocked

Nice pipe!  

Cool

To be honest Kyle I'm going through a really heavy time, I have been focusing all of my energies into these pipes, it is keeping my head above water mate, working with Briar really connects with some thing in me, I really enjoy the process of seeing a pipe emerging from a lump of wood, so amazing to see it happening bit by bit and knowing my own two hands are doing it, I love it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

Poker (BSP- P4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poker (BSP- P4)   Poker (BSP- P4) EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 9:42 pm

That's a way great looking poker right there mate, and no mistake! I'd be proud to own it!

tongue 

Cheers,

RR

Poker (BSP- P4) Purple11x 3Poker (BSP- P4) Bombx10Poker (BSP- P4) Bombx10  Poker (BSP- P4) D6bddf10 Poker (BSP- P4) 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Poker (BSP- P4) Cowboy13Poker (BSP- P4) 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

Poker (BSP- P4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poker (BSP- P4)   Poker (BSP- P4) EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:19 pm

Beautiful!
Back to top Go down
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

Poker (BSP- P4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poker (BSP- P4)   Poker (BSP- P4) EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 12:16 am

Excellent pipe Kirk. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Draagha

Draagha

Registration date : 2013-07-02

Poker (BSP- P4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poker (BSP- P4)   Poker (BSP- P4) EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 12:42 am

That things gorgeous! affraid I love pokers! What a Face 
Back to top Go down
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

Poker (BSP- P4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poker (BSP- P4)   Poker (BSP- P4) EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 3:17 am

I am greatly humbled and so profoundly moved by such wonderfully kind comments, you guys really know how to put a ray of sunshine into a chaps life, I love you guys. I love you 
Back to top Go down
Jers

Jers

Registration date : 2012-07-14

Poker (BSP- P4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poker (BSP- P4)   Poker (BSP- P4) EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 6:13 am

Nice poker - fine craftmanship!cheers cheers

You have got skills brother!

Fraternally

Jers
Back to top Go down
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

Poker (BSP- P4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poker (BSP- P4)   Poker (BSP- P4) EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 8:03 am

Jers wrote:
Nice poker - fine craftmanship!cheers cheers

You have got skills brother!

Fraternally

Jers

Thank you Jers, very kind of you, oh I so love your Avatar, Dr.Evil is such a deliciously naughty character. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

Poker (BSP- P4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poker (BSP- P4)   Poker (BSP- P4) EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 3:34 pm

Kirk Fitzgerald wrote:
To be honest Kyle I'm going through a really heavy time, I have been focusing all of my energies into these pipes, it is keeping my head above water mate, working with Briar really connects with some thing in me, I really enjoy the process of seeing a pipe emerging from a lump of wood, so amazing to see it happening bit by bit and knowing my own two hands are doing it, I love it. Smile

Better than World of Warcraft. pale
Back to top Go down
i.keenum

i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

Poker (BSP- P4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poker (BSP- P4)   Poker (BSP- P4) EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 1:07 pm

Great pipe brother. Love that stain and stem combo, that is some really pretty acrylic you've got. cheers 
Back to top Go down
http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

Poker (BSP- P4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poker (BSP- P4)   Poker (BSP- P4) EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 3:53 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Better than World of Warcraft.  pale  

Aye, everything has its place I guess but computer game playing is not my cup of tea to be honest, non productive activities don't engage me enough. bounce 
Back to top Go down
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

Poker (BSP- P4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poker (BSP- P4)   Poker (BSP- P4) EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 3:57 pm

i.keenum wrote:
Great pipe brother. Love that stain and stem combo, that is some really pretty acrylic you've got. cheers 

So kind of you Brother, I totally fell in love with that particular Acrylic some time ago and have been itching for the opportunity to use some, I will definitely use it more often in the future, gorgeous isn't it, there' two similar to it, one a lot lighter which is stunning with natural or tan stains the other is the same colour as this one but has more going on in the patterning, that too is quite stunning, have a butchers here: http://www.janzen-pfeifen.de/english/stangenmaterial_acryl.html
Back to top Go down

Poker (BSP- P4)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: